Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2007, 10:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

ah! i was always given the impression that the GTX and S10 had very low F.E. This is really good News. SO i think i can also get simmalar figures after the service for my new Adventure Sport. Currently i'm getting around 8.5 in city and 12.5 on highway without pushing her so hard.

Hey i just checked even fire bird is getting something like 9km/l so are you telling me that GTX and S10's give more FE figures than the sports version!!!!!!!!
Old 27th March 2007, 13:23   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, i am surprised to note that new palio will only have 54bhp ( Whereas Santro has 64bhp) though the engine capacity is 1100cc and torque is equivalent to others cars in this category.

IMHO, for fuel efficiency they are sacrificing the thrill factor of this lovely car.
Old 29th March 2007, 12:42   #48
BHPian

Guys,

My driving style is not that smooth....there are many a times that the rpm has gone above 3000 in first gear and and by the time I am on second gear touch 60kmph. This is typically possible only at 1 signal...WE Highway..The signal before Jogeshwari flyover......so If with this kind of driving i get 9 kmpl then not bad....I FE has touched 2 digit sometimes...but with smoother stype of driving

Well good driving conditions...The car has given 17kmpl (mumbai - pune express way), to my knowledge this figure is awesome. The trip to Kihim (near Alibaug) car gave 14 kmpl (combined highway and inside the small town of Kihim and Nagav)

So I do not have any issues with this machine...I am really happy that I opted for this machine and did not go for any car making 14 to 15 kmpl FE claim.

Well I may be missing the real GTX or S10...but well all good things come to an end...that what happened and the new era started with 1.6 sports...
Old 29th March 2007, 12:48   #49
BHPian

Guys,

I have a question....how much does it cost to Fit or install FFE on 1.6.
Would K&N make any difference on 1.6?
Old 1st April 2007, 09:25   #50
BHPian

New Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport

Hi Guys,
After a lot of contemplation and humungous test drives.
I have brought a car which my DAD, my friends and few of my well wishers had asked me NOT to buy.

The car is FIAT PALIO 1.6 Sport (Formula Red or Ferrari Red)
The reason, I got this car was I totally loved it.

Cash Discount = 85000
Accessories (By Dealer)
-> Teflon coating
-> Sun Film
-> Car cover
-> Set of mats
-> AutoCop

A goodie worth 1000 is pending..... Waiting on the arrival of FIAT's accessories to make my decision.

I will post the pics and a detailed review sometime later (After I have done 1000 KMS)

TEAM-BHP Rocks!! cheers:

Raaj KS
Old 1st April 2007, 13:09   #51
BHPian

congratulation rajj for your decision man,the best hatch ever.
enjoy
Old 1st April 2007, 14:12   #52
BHPian

Thanks Payam!! It was a tuf one till I bought the car, After I got it has been love ..
Old 1st April 2007, 14:53   #53
BHPian

Congratulations raajks, you've done nothing wrong in going against your well wishers. I am sure you must have seen the Max new york life insurance ad where Rahul Dravid says " advice toh sab dete hain, what matters is who you take it from " . You followed team-bhp and bought yourself a gem of a car. Enjoy your new car and I'm sure your Dad will like the car once he knows that you are happy.Good luck!
Old 1st April 2007, 22:53   #54
BHPian

Congratulations raajks. I love that color. BTW, which dealer did you get it from?
Old 2nd April 2007, 00:40   #55
BHPian

It can be more than 8-9 KMPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Hi,

It all started by a thought to go in for a power pack as my Matiz SG started feeling under powered (It is, but never felt). I love cars high on power, well FE no issue as the daily running is 20 to 25 km.

My Shortlisting were
Ikon Flair / Accent GLE (Well, due to thought of upgrading to upper segment)
Getz GLS (I have couple of friends Hyundai lovers)
Palio 1.6 sport (friends shouted with saying No to Fiat, but I like)

The price range was 4.5 to 6

I did not think about Swift as I personally do not like the shape. Considering the traffic condition in Mumbai, the Ikon and Accent was removed from the list. Considering the need of power and performance, the 1.6 sport had edge over getz.

Somehow I did not find Getz to be comfortable at driver's seat. Also I was not impressed with the cooling of the AC. Space yes, but Palio is also good on space. I found the cabin of palio designed more ergonimically than Getz. The alloy wheels which I like a hell lot, were on Palio 1.6 sports and not on GLS (They are on GLX, but I found price to be not realistic).
Finally, team-bhp has always supported Palio 1.6 (GTX).

I finally settled down on Palio 1.6 Sports. Booked it at Shaman Auto, Prabhadevi. If you ask me about the dealer, very nice to deal. Got Discount of almost 84K (including Company and Finance Discount).

I got the delivery on 2nd Nov 2006. The Formula Red Palio 1.6 Sport.

The car looks are sophisticated, the built - I don't need to tell you guys, its proven car for built. I got Kenwood mp3 player, security system, Sun film, teflon coating done from the dealer.

The car has now done 1000 km. The acceleration is awesome. The fit and finish is very nice. It's running on stock bridgstone. First servicing is pending, still the car feels very smooth. The tank capacity is 45 ltrs.(not sure may be 47). The FE - (not an issue for me) I am getting 8.5 to 9.5. My driving is not very rough, neither the gear shift happens at 1000 rpm, the gear shift happens well between 1500 to 2000. The performance of the car does not get a hit with AC on. (the way it used to get in my Matiz). The performance of the AC is really good. The AC remains on even if the blower speed is set to 0 (Zero). I was told, this is the feature of the palio which has a small condenser Fan inside.

It took me time (2 day) to get adjusted to the turning radius as I shifted from a small turing radius car to a bigger turning radius car, but now I got used to.

The side rear view mirrors are small, could have been bigger. Apart from this did not find any thing to crib.

I am totally happy for buying Palio 1.6 sport. I am really thankful to this forum as it has a great influence on my decision of buying Palio 1.6 sports.

Cheers to all you guys and Palio 1.6 sport .
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
With decent driving, my 2001 GTX gives me 10 kmpl in the city (75% AC). Highway driving with 100% AC yields ~14 kmpl with speeds around the 120+ mark and reasonable acceleration.
I own a Petra 1.6 and I have got an FE about 11+ KMPL in City with ~60% for the last 3 fills (used IBP Regular and Shell Super). My driving style is not sedate, redlining in 1st/ 2nd has become more common adding to hard acceleration and braking. I drive 12 KMs each way to office/home, max speed 70 KMPH, bumper to bumper traffic/ waiting at signal for 20% time with engine and A/C on.

In the past 7.5 to 9.5 KMPL was more common with short trips in the city, weekend shopping, etc...

I believe Palio 1.6 should have better FE than Petra because of lower weight and Adventure likely to be lower in FE than Petra for the same reason. Dunno if different gear ratios complicate the analysis.
Old 2nd April 2007, 01:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
Hi Guys,
After a lot of contemplation and humungous test drives.
I have brought a car which my DAD, my friends and few of my well wishers had asked me NOT to buy.

The car is FIAT PALIO 1.6 Sport (Formula Red or Ferrari Red)
The reason, I got this car was I totally loved it.

Cash Discount = 85000
Accessories (By Dealer)
-> Teflon coating
-> Sun Film
-> Car cover
-> Set of mats
-> AutoCop

A goodie worth 1000 is pending..... Waiting on the arrival of FIAT's accessories to make my decision.

I will post the pics and a detailed review sometime later (After I have done 1000 KMS)

TEAM-BHP Rocks!! cheers:

Raaj KS
Many Congrats Raaj for possessing the Hottest Hatch in the Country!
Yes, all Fiat owners Dare to be Different
And thatz why we enjoy driving every bit of our Italian beauties!
Old 2nd April 2007, 09:16   #57
BHPian

Thanks Finney and Thalavoy!!!
Not listening to others was not a new thing for a rebel like me....I am glad I am that way!!!

I have driven my new found love for 50 KMS so far....the ride has been amazing.....The carving to push the RPM meter higher has increased but I am keeping myself cool.....I don't want to screw the engine in the initial run so I am keeping my revs at 2.5 and maintaining speeds of 60 KMPH

The car is a charm, never felt like a small car....keeping in mind that I was always pampered by my Lancer and Esteem...

The dealer was Concorde!! (Opp to Christ College, Dairy Circle).
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:17   #58
BHPian

Detuning 1.6???

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
This link will help you understand better -
Yes detuning the 1.6 sport has improved FE on the car. I get around 10-11 kmpl in city.

The Cat is already as close to the engine that it can get. As a matter of fact, it is placed about 2 inches after the exhaust port where the headers converge. I doubt whether any changes are made to the gear ratios. The GTX does give around 10 - 17 kmpl in mixed conditions.

I need some clarifications here, when detuning is referred...are we referring to the CAT placement for FE or have the engines, gearbox been de-tuned.

Apart from that, What is the difference in the suspension? Have they softened it or is it still the car made for the DRIVER?

Would be great if you can explain!!!
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:02   #59
BHPian

Congratulations Raaj. That's your companion for years to come. Welcome to THE FIAT CLUB.
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:10   #60
BHPian

Hey Sreeni,

The FE which I get is with 100% AC. By saying 100% AC I mean, I switch on the AC as I turn the key and Power plant comes to life. I swith off the AC just before switching off the Engine.

Also consider all the situations when car is stationary and engine is on...obviously the AC is on.

Considering all above scenarios, getting FE of 9kmpl is not atall bad. I think with better conservation I may reach 11. (although never tried)

Most Viewed