Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2006, 13:01   #1
BHPian

New Palio 1.6 Sport

Hi,

It all started by a thought to go in for a power pack as my Matiz SG started feeling under powered (It is, but never felt). I love cars high on power, well FE no issue as the daily running is 20 to 25 km.

My Shortlisting were
Ikon Flair / Accent GLE (Well, due to thought of upgrading to upper segment)
Getz GLS (I have couple of friends Hyundai lovers)
Palio 1.6 sport (friends shouted with saying No to Fiat, but I like)

The price range was 4.5 to 6

I did not think about Swift as I personally do not like the shape. Considering the traffic condition in Mumbai, the Ikon and Accent was removed from the list. Considering the need of power and performance, the 1.6 sport had edge over getz.

Somehow I did not find Getz to be comfortable at driver's seat. Also I was not impressed with the cooling of the AC. Space yes, but Palio is also good on space. I found the cabin of palio designed more ergonimically than Getz. The alloy wheels which I like a hell lot, were on Palio 1.6 sports and not on GLS (They are on GLX, but I found price to be not realistic).
Finally, team-bhp has always supported Palio 1.6 (GTX).

I finally settled down on Palio 1.6 Sports. Booked it at Shaman Auto, Prabhadevi. If you ask me about the dealer, very nice to deal. Got Discount of almost 84K (including Company and Finance Discount).

I got the delivery on 2nd Nov 2006. The Formula Red Palio 1.6 Sport.

The car looks are sophisticated, the built - I don't need to tell you guys, its proven car for built. I got Kenwood mp3 player, security system, Sun film, teflon coating done from the dealer.

The car has now done 1000 km. The acceleration is awesome. The fit and finish is very nice. It's running on stock bridgstone. First servicing is pending, still the car feels very smooth. The tank capacity is 45 ltrs.(not sure may be 47). The FE - (not an issue for me) I am getting 8.5 to 9.5. My driving is not very rough, neither the gear shift happens at 1000 rpm, the gear shift happens well between 1500 to 2000. The performance of the car does not get a hit with AC on. (the way it used to get in my Matiz). The performance of the AC is really good. The AC remains on even if the blower speed is set to 0 (Zero). I was told, this is the feature of the palio which has a small condenser Fan inside.

It took me time (2 day) to get adjusted to the turning radius as I shifted from a small turing radius car to a bigger turning radius car, but now I got used to.

The side rear view mirrors are small, could have been bigger. Apart from this did not find any thing to crib.

I am totally happy for buying Palio 1.6 sport. I am really thankful to this forum as it has a great influence on my decision of buying Palio 1.6 sports.

Cheers to all you guys and Palio 1.6 sport .
Old 30th November 2006, 13:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. And welcome to the Palio club :-) Enjoy!
Old 30th November 2006, 13:42   #3
BHPian

Great car have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Congrats on your purchase. And welcome to the Palio club :-) Enjoy!
Another proud FIAT owner, have loads of fun dude.
Old 30th November 2006, 14:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

I wish people could rise above fuel efficiency and buy the car on its overall merits. Good choice dude... enjoy!
Old 30th November 2006, 15:05   #5
BHPian

Thanks Guys,

You all people's suggestions and findings made me buy THE Palio. I am proud to be a fiat owner now.
Old 30th November 2006, 17:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Palio club. Congrats. I too own a Formula red Palio with a D as suffix. Even after more than 2 years of buying the car, i am still loving it. I miss it even for one day when it goes for servicing.
Old 30th November 2006, 17:27   #7
BHPian

hey firebird!

congrats on your new ride bro! what can i say....super choice. it's always such a pleasure to drive the 1.6. we need to stop thinking only about the FE and give this awesome car it's due!
Old 2nd December 2006, 10:00   #8
BHPian

Congrats dude, enjoy your new ride.
Old 2nd December 2006, 10:43   #9
BHPian

Congrats dude.. Welcome to palio club. Also, you can see more on palio at paliousersindia.net
Old 2nd December 2006, 10:46   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Firebird - congrats on your new purchase. You'd have enjoyed here even more if the purchase was done earlier - you could have gotten yourself the Canary Yellow color
Old 2nd December 2006, 10:49   #11
BHPian

Congrats for the red fiat.lots of power. good car .heard that fiat is testing a facelifted palio . may be it will be launched in jan or mar 07.
btw, what is the onroad price u paid ?
Old 2nd December 2006, 10:54   #12
BHPian

Great Car, Congrats on your new ownership. Enjoy the car.
So what was the final price you got the car for?
Old 4th December 2006, 14:33   #13
BHPian

I got it even lower than the Ex-showrrom Mumbai Price. Got it at around 4.46 or so on Road. This was after 84K discount. The Ex-showroom is 4.68 in Mumbai.
I did not wait for the facelifted Palio as I am not sure they will have the 1.6 in there. What I have been reading and hearing is they will have 1.3 ltr Petrol and 1.4 Diesel (i may be wrong). Also got a fantastic deal.
About colours, yello and Red both look good. The available was Red. I had no issue with Red.
Old 4th December 2006, 15:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Many Congrats Firebird!
Palio 1.6 is hell of a Car! Am sure you are enjoying revving that 1.6 Beast!
Old 18th January 2007, 11:18   #15
BHPian

Congrats firebird.

I also booked the palio 1.6 and got 80k cash discount at pundit automobiles pune.

Just curious, does your Kenwood mp3 player, security system, Sun film, teflon coating come as part of the discount or he did chanrged for that?

Thanks
-channa

Most Viewed