Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2007, 15:33   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
I believe Palio 1.6 should have better FE than Petra because of lower weight and Adventure likely to be lower in FE than Petra for the same reason. Dunno if different gear ratios complicate the analysis.
Yes, the different gear ratios do complicate the analysis.

At 1215 KGs, Adventure is the heaviest of the lot, yet does not give lower average when compared to its lighter siblings Palio 1.6 and Petra. On Delhi-Faridabad roads, I usually get 10 or more from my Adventure. Some other Adventure owners that I have spoken to report similar figures.

Cheers!
Old 2nd April 2007, 15:58   #62
BHPian

Thanks Bud!!! We share something similar... "A car that stimulates love"
Old 2nd April 2007, 16:06   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
I need some clarifications here, when detuning is referred...are we referring to the CAT placement for FE or have the engines, gearbox been de-tuned.

Apart from that, What is the difference in the suspension? Have they softened it or is it still the car made for the DRIVER?

Would be great if you can explain!!!
The engine and the 1.6 RST ECU remains untouched in the euro 3 Palio/Petra and Adventure. The performance drop is attributed to the position of the Cat con alone. But the drop is only marginal and its only the initial engine response that has suffered a bit.

As far as suspension is concerned, nothing has been changed on paper. So the Palio 1.6 Sport is as stiffly sprung as before. But at a recent Fiat Club India meet, there was this Palio 1.6 Sport standing next to my S10.We did notice that the 1.6 Sport seemed to have more ground clearance than the S10. Probably it was the S10's side skirts that made it look that way.
Old 2nd April 2007, 16:13   #64
Senior - BHPian

Enjoy the car. And it is good to hear that you like it so much.

P.S. This was for Raajks.

Last edited by typeOnegative : 2nd April 2007 at 16:14.
Old 2nd April 2007, 22:16   #65
BHPian

more than 11 is possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Hey Sreeni,

The FE which I get is with 100% AC. By saying 100% AC I mean, I switch on the AC as I turn the key and Power plant comes to life. I swith off the AC just before switching off the Engine.

Also consider all the situations when car is stationary and engine is on...obviously the AC is on.

Considering all above scenarios, getting FE of 9kmpl is not atall bad. I think with better conservation I may reach 11. (although never tried)
I meant to say even with 100% AC 11+ should be possible with not so conservative driving. If you redline it every time its a different matter.

Never mind all this, enjoy the drive its a very good car.
Old 3rd April 2007, 10:42   #66
BHPian

Right said dude...I enjoy every moment of the drive....its a killer machine to drive..
Old 5th April 2007, 10:22   #67
BHPian

A word of caution here...
I have driven my friend's NV a lot. The stock goodyear tyre sucks big time. Any panic braking, it will lock up and skid. Once his car even did a 180 degree spin. Today, few hours back, a 6 month old 1.9d rammed me from behind after the wheels getting locked up. This is on airport road traffic. We would have been doing hardly 40 or 50.

Get those tyre's changed... It was a eye sore to see a red hot palio with front bumper caved in and radiator leaking and stranded in middle of the road.
Old 5th April 2007, 11:05   #68
BHPian

[HTML]But at a recent Fiat Club India meet, there was this Palio 1.6 Sport standing next to my S10.We did notice that the 1.6 Sport seemed to have more ground clearance than the S10. Probably it was the S10's side skirts that made it look that way.[/HTML]

Thats correct Romil...GC of all Palios (1.2/1.6/S-10's) is same....Due to side skirts the S-10 seems to sit lower.
Old 5th April 2007, 14:57   #69
BHPian

Guys,

I have never experienced this in my 1.6. I have tried braking from 80 to 0 with lot of pressure. The wheels did not lock. The car stopped by just sinking in front.....not here and there....exactly on the same line.....I am happy the way it handles sudden braking....

I am wondering how this was experinced in a NV or a 1.6.
Old 5th April 2007, 16:50   #70
BHPian

Quote:
This lock may be due the tyre spec of NV and 1.9d is being different from gtx.
Also anything to do with suspension setup too??
Old 6th April 2007, 18:16   #71
BHPian

Difference in tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
A word of caution here...
I have driven my friend's NV a lot. The stock goodyear tyre sucks big time. Any panic braking, it will lock up and skid. Once his car even did a 180 degree spin. Today, few hours back, a 6 month old 1.9d rammed me from behind after the wheels getting locked up. This is on airport road traffic. We would have been doing hardly 40 or 50.

Get those tyre's changed... It was a eye sore to see a red hot palio with front bumper caved in and radiator leaking and stranded in middle of the road.
Quote:
Guys,

I have never experienced this in my 1.6. I have tried braking from 80 to 0 with lot of pressure. The wheels did not lock. The car stopped by just sinking in front.....not here and there....exactly on the same line.....I am happy the way it handles sudden braking....

It may be because of 165/80R13s you have. I think 1.6 has 175/65R14. Well the tire brand and model also could make a difference.
Old 7th April 2007, 01:39   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvilas View Post

Thats correct Romil...GC of all Palios (1.2/1.6/S-10's) is same....Due to side skirts the S-10 seems to sit lower.
Yeah Rahul, side skirts look awesome on the S10.But the dowside is that the ground clearance actually suffers a bit.My car's skirts do get scraped on even slightly bigger speed bumps.Do you experience th same with your car?
Old 10th April 2007, 14:14   #73
BHPian

yes....small nicks here and there...but it also protects the body.Infact,the left side skirt has a small crack below the front door.

Rahul.
Old 14th April 2007, 01:41   #74
BHPian

It develops torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, i am surprised to note that new palio will only have 54bhp ( Whereas Santro has 64bhp) though the engine capacity is 1100cc and torque is equivalent to others cars in this category.

IMHO, for fuel efficiency they are sacrificing the thrill factor of this lovely car.
Dont worry about low bhp it has better torque in low rpm. It will make it more driveable than earlier version. Better in gear pick up will be present i new model.
Old 14th April 2007, 10:22   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Dont worry about low bhp it has better torque in low rpm. It will make it more driveable than earlier version. Better in gear pick up will be present i new model.
Yes I know but, you need some overtaking power on highways, i guess that will be missing on this car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks