Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2023, 15:17   #436
Team-BHP Support

re: A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Is your BSI/BRI valid for 6 years? Unfortunately I chose 5 years and seems BMW has discontinued 6th year BRI now due to frequent claims.
Hi, I somehow missed responding to your question. Apologies for the delay. Yes. I had taken BRI for 6 years and this has proved to be a good decision as the headlights and engine mount replacements cost close to 3.7L. I also have a 6 years / 120K BSI package. I was planning to extend this to 8 years / 160K once it expired, but I guess BMW has capped BSI packages to 6 years now. Not sure why they would stop the longer BSI packages as these are just regular oil service and some consumables. Hope they bring these back soon before my 6 year package expires.
graaja is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 15:29   #437
BHPian

re: A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Astrophotography Trip to Talacauvery, Coorg

Attachment 2445346
Could not help notice books on OPAMPs, circuit design etc, control systems, digital design. Sorry for prying eyes.
Just out of curiosity, are/were you into related profession?
OffRoadFun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 16:01   #438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post
Could not help notice books on OPAMPs, circuit design etc, control systems, digital design. Sorry for prying eyes.
Just out of curiosity, are/were you into related profession?
Ah. Nice catch. Yes. I am an embedded systems developer by profession. I work on hardware and firmware development.
graaja is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 16:50   #439
BHPian

Quote:

In the 2nd week of April, did a trip to Thanjavur.

A few pictures from Gangai Konda Cholapuram.
Lovely pictures as always coach, should get some tips from you for a trip to Thanjavur from Kovai. Thanks for sharing.
kraft.wagen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 09:36   #440
BHPian

Quote:
3.23L for the pair of headlights.

I had paid about 1.4L for the 6th year extended warranty. I am very glad about this decision. Even the service manager mentioned that it turned out to be a good investment.
Noob question: Were headlights covered under BRI?
jfk1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 09:45   #441
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Lovely pictures as always coach, should get some tips from you for a trip to Thanjavur from Kovai. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for the kind words, kraft.wagen. Sure. I will be glad to provide you any information you need about the trip to Thanjavur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk1975 View Post
Noob question: Were headlights covered under BRI?
Yes. The headlights were covered under BRI. I did not have to pay anything.
graaja is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 10:05   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Stunning pictures as always. Such a treat to see for us armchair -based Walter Mitty types!

Your 6Y BRI gamble really paid off. I guess your headlight pair is even more pricey because they are the full fat adaptive LEDs. I've taken the 5Y BRI, and will have to really push BMW to correct any potential issues in the last few months.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 12:01   #443
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Stunning pictures as always. Such a treat to see for us armchair -based Walter Mitty types!

Your 6Y BRI gamble really paid off. I guess your headlight pair is even more pricey because they are the full fat adaptive LEDs. I've taken the 5Y BRI, and will have to really push BMW to correct any potential issues in the last few months.
Thank you for the kind words. Yes. The 6th year BRI more than paid off due to the headlights. And yes, they cost this much because they are the adaptive ones. Heard that the laser lights in the 340i cost 4L per side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Hey Graaja.

As someone with skin in the same game - - just wanted to ask at what ODO reading did your engine mount give up and what was the approximate cost for the engine mount replacement as a portion of that 3.7L bill. My GT is currently at ~62k clicks and will complete 8 years later this October.

Love reading your GT updates as always and the extent to which you fully utilise this extremely capable machine...
Hi Axe77, thank you for the kind words.

I don't remmeber exactly, but I think the engine mount wear was noticed around 80K kilometers. As the effect was not that much, I had waited to get this job done along with the oil service.

As you rightly said, the GT is a very practical car suited for our use cases. Hope I am able to keep this car for a few more years.
graaja is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 16:50   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Astrophotography Trip to Talacauvery, Coorg
If only words could express the feelings that emanate looking at your photographs. It's just so calming and beautiful, especially the pic of the fireflies on the tree. Brought back so many memories.

The astro pics are as amazing as they have have been always coming from you. Will never forget the Mexican hat look alike galaxy. Amazing capture.
I am always hooked to your threads for these pics. May be one day, I can capture an iota of what you can of our beautiful universe. Till then, will feed my eyes with your creations. Keep them coming and thanks for sharing.

Deb
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 19:51   #445
BHPian

These photos are absolutely wonderful. I'm lost for words! Especially the closeup of the Sombrero galaxy. I've always loved such pictures because it's mind-bending to realise what I'm looking at is a massive collection of stars, rock, debris and whatnot, spanning many light-years. And due to this one being over 31 million light-years away from the Milky Way, we see the galaxy as it was 31 million years ago if we chose to look up at the night sky today!

Brilliant post, hats off. Your 3 Series GT is a wonderful addition to the photo of the night sky!
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 05:54   #446
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
If only words could express the feelings that emanate looking at your photographs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
Brilliant post, hats off. Your 3 Series GT is a wonderful addition to the photo of the night sky!
@justwheels, @GForceEnjoyer: Thank you so much for the kind words
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 18:50   #447
BHPian

Apologies if its a repetitive question, Excellent thread and great pics. Since the astrophotography pics are so mesmerizing to the eyes, is there a directory where one can view all of them? Have you published it on image hosting websites where one can view like Flickr (only one I could recollect :|)
indie_honda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 13:15   #448
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie_honda View Post
Apologies if its a repetitive question, Excellent thread and great pics. Since the astrophotography pics are so mesmerizing to the eyes, is there a directory where one can view all of them? Have you published it on image hosting websites where one can view like Flickr (only one I could recollect :|)
Thank you for the kind words. Till recently, I was sharing my pictures only in a couple of FB groups and here in TBHP in my Astrophotography thread.

A couple of months back, I started an account in astrobin (a website dedicated to astro images, can be called Flickr of astro images) and also started uploading to my Flickr account. I have only uploaded a couple of images so far. Will update these accounts with more images soon. Below are my Flickr and Astrobin pages.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/graaja...77720306750692

https://www.astrobin.com/users/graaja/
graaja is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 07:39   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I had taken BRI for 6 years and this has proved to be a good decision as the headlights and engine mount replacements cost close to 3.7L. I also have a 6 years / 120K BSI package. I was planning to extend this to 8 years / 160K once it expired, but I guess BMW has capped BSI packages to 6 years now. Not sure why they would stop the longer BSI packages as these are just regular oil service and some consumables. Hope they bring these back soon before my 6 year package expires.
Interestingly, in Feb 2023, I requested BMW to extend my car's BRI from 5 years to 6 years and they said they have stopped extending the BRI beyond 5 years now. They offered to extend my BSI pack to 10 years, so I bought that.
aseemsood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 11:40   #450
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseemsood View Post
Interestingly, in Feb 2023, I requested BMW to extend my car's BRI from 5 years to 6 years and they said they have stopped extending the BRI beyond 5 years now. They offered to extend my BSI pack to 10 years, so I bought that.
Yes. I heard about BMW stopping the 6th year BRI. I was also under the impression that they have stopped BSI packages beyond 6 years. But now that you have been able to extend BSI to 10 years, this is good news definitely. I will extend to 8 years BSI once the current package expires. Thank you for the update.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks