Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2023, 05:45   #481
Team-BHP Support

re: A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritedhawan View Post
...albeit the repeated brake pads replacement intervals in your case are much too often, but then that may be due to the fact you take the ride from the scruff of its neck and drive.
Agree. The brake pad life in the BMW is quite less. I am not a very aggressive driver per se. I do push the car when conditions allow, but generally, I like to cruise. I think the life has to do with the materials used in the pads tuned to performance than life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
Nice thread, great car, it’d be interesting to see how much BSI+ has saved you and how much you have had to pay out of pocket so far in your near milestone 95k kms and 10 services.
Below is the list of services done so far. I have added one more oil service as I expect it to be due before my BSI plan expires.

I paid about 4 lakhs for the BSI. And so far service worth about 5.6 lakhs have been done. I have put in very rough numbers for various services that I may have to pay if not under BSI.

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-services.jpg

BSI+ has definitely worked out to be very useful for me.

I was planning to extend the BSI package to 8 years / 160K km. However, BMW has limited the BSI packages for new car packages to 6 years / 160K km. Packages up to 10 years are available under the used car packages. But this is very expensive. I have been quoted 2.32 Lakhs for a 2-year / 40K km extension.

BMW has parts/labor discounts for cars more than 5 years old. They start from 14% for 5-year-old cars and go up to 25% I believe. The discount goes up by 2% to 3% every year. As my car will be 6 years old when the BSI package is over, I will get a 16% discount on parts/labor. This may be more economical than taking the BSI package. So I have decided not to extend the package. If BMW brings back the 8years/160K package under the new car package, then I may consider extending.

Other than insurance and tires, there are two major expenses I have done on the car.

1. Alloys: I have replaced 6 alloys so far and have spent about 2 Lakhs on this. This should be because of the low-profile tires and the rough roads I have to travel on.
2. Front suspension replacement: I spent 1 Lakh for the replacement of the front suspensions. As I had changed to M-Sport suspensions, this was not covered under the 6-year warranty and I had to pay for these.

Last edited by graaja : 29th September 2023 at 05:50.
graaja is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 13:00   #482

re: A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up

I’m looking ahead for the first 3GT brake pad service soon.

What’s the repair kit quoted at 11k in your invoice ? Is that mandatory for each brake pad / disc service or something else ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
10th oil service, front and rear brake pads and discs replaced

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th October 2023 at 05:09. Reason: Trimmed quoted post. Also, changed “break” —> “brake”.
Old 30th September 2023, 19:05   #483
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montu View Post
I’m looking ahead for the first 3GT break pad service soon.

What’s the repair kit quoted at 11k in your invoice ? Is that mandatory for each break pad / disc service or something else ?
The repair kit has the actual brake pads and other stuff like bolts, nuts etc. So it’s mandatory.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 21:09   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. Front suspension replacement: I spent 1 Lakh for the replacement of the front suspensions. As I had changed to M-Sport suspensions, this was not covered under the 6-year warranty and I had to pay for these.
How was the availability for M-Sport suspension? I think you mentioned it was specially ordered.

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th October 2023 at 06:06. Reason: Caps and minor language fix.
Old 20th October 2023, 12:49   #485
BHPian

Quote:

Rear tires replaced:

The rear tires had another 2K of life left. As I wanted to avoid a tire change during the road trip, got them replaced. Sourced 2 numbers of 245/45/R18 Vredestein Ultrac tires from a Chennai dealer and got them replaced. Used one of the removed tires to make a full size spare wheel, and discarded the other tire.
HI Graaja, love reading about your ownership experience on the 3 GT. I have a quick question. Does moving to non-RFT void the warranty with BMW? I have the BSI+ and BRI package on the X5. Currently, I am on my first set of Bridgestone Alenza RFT and they are not very pleasant to drive. I was thinking of switching to non-RFT for my second set. I asked my SA about it and his response was "The air suspension is adjusted to the RFT tyres and switching to non-RFT (without the BMW star homologation) would void the warranty"
Old 21st October 2023, 05:11   #486
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
How was the availability for M-Sport suspension? I think you mentioned it was specially ordered.
Parts availability was not a problem. The very first time I installed M Sport suspensions, they had to update the system to make these parts numbers available to order in India. This time, it was straightforward parts ordering by the BMW dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_P2324 View Post
Does moving to non-RFT void the warranty with BMW? I have the BSI+ and BRI package on the X5. Currently, I am on my first set of Bridgestone Alenza RFT and they are not very pleasant to drive. I was thinking of switching to non-RFT for my second set. I asked my SA about it and his response was "The air suspension is adjusted to the RFT tyres and switching to non-RFT (without the BMW star homologation) would void the warranty"
There have been many discussions in another thread about the warranty not being affected by the switch to tubeless. But I think this will be left to the discretion of the dealer. The parts related to tires would be the suspension components. As I changed to M Sport suspensions which removed the suspension components from being covered (I had to replace front suspensions at my own cost), I do not have experience with this.

Last edited by graaja : 21st October 2023 at 05:12.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 06:28   #487
Team-BHP Support

1 Lakh Kilometers Up, and a Road Trip

I have been on a road trip to Hanle for the past three weeks. The GT crossed the 1 Lakh kilometer mark somewhere in Madhya Pradesh.

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-1-lakh.jpg

The car has justified the GT badge. It has taken me through all types of terrains - smooth 6-lane highways, beautiful 2-lane roads in Ladakh, off-roading on the way to Umling La and Pangong Tso, and through ice and slush in Zoji La, the GT took every challenge in its stride.

A few pictures of the GT in various terrains.

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a0441.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a0444.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a0448.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a0476.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a0519.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a1925.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a2101.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a2132.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a2150.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a2213.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a9654.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a9662.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a9713.jpg

Last edited by graaja : 21st October 2023 at 14:47.
graaja is online now   (132) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 08:17   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

That’s a great milestone. I remember trying to convince you to buy 5 series instead, goes to show how wrong I was :-) Or maybe it’s the car that influenced your journey - cars like this are certainly capable of doing that. I can’t see a 3GT on the road without thinking about your beautiful car. Wish you many more happy miles with the car!!
androdev is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 21:52   #489
Senior - BHPian

It's really fantastic to see a BMW with M Suspension all the way up to Ladakh, Umling La etc Wish I could try the same sometime in future

Also I've switched from my X1 to a M340i, would try to post a short write up soon
bottle is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 22:05   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fantastic pictures graaja! I am now eagerly waiting for the trip report

Any plans of an upgrade anytime soon?
Dry Ice is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 08:35   #491
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
That’s a great milestone. I remember trying to convince you to buy 5 series instead, goes to show how wrong I was :-) Or maybe it’s the car that influenced your journey - cars like this are certainly capable of doing that. I can’t see a 3GT on the road without thinking about your beautiful car. Wish you many more happy miles with the car!!
Thank you Androdev, for the kind words. You are probably right. I never had the intention to do such long drives before I got the car. The capability of the car and the joy of driving that 2 liter petrol engine and 8 speed ZF gearbox should have definitely inspired many of my driving decisions. A 5 series would definitely not have made me do these drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
It's really fantastic to see a BMW with M Suspension all the way up to Ladakh, Umling La etc Wish I could try the same sometime in future

Also I've switched from my X1 to a M340i, would try to post a short write up soon
Thank you for the kind words. And congratulations on the M340i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Fantastic pictures graaja! I am now eagerly waiting for the trip report

Any plans of an upgrade anytime soon?
Thank you for the kind words. Not planning to upgrade for another two years at least as of now. Want to fully enjoy this car before changing the car
graaja is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 10:53   #492
BHPian

Quote:

I have been on a road trip to Hanle for the past three weeks. The GT crossed the 1 Lakh kilometer mark somewhere in Madhya Pradesh.
Holy Hell! Discounting the approximately 2 years downtime due to lockdown, you have run this car 100,000 KMs in just 3.5 years. That is amazing. I have doubts if I'll be able to beat you on this one
bordeaux is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 11:04   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2519520

The car has justified the GT badge.

A few pictures of the GT in various terrains.
Congratulations on the 1Lakh kilometres milestone with your GT Sir

Love how the GT looks even till this day! A design that looks so fresh even today, and hasn’t aged one bit! With a lovely set of photos to complement the achievement !

This just goes on to show with the regular manufacturer’s prescribed service schedule these cars are as reliable as they can get, BMW engines in general have upped the ante in terms of reliability be it the N57, B47, B57, B58 or B48 !!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 11:07   #494
BHPian

Amazing to see you achieve such a feat and that too with a m sport suspension... Would like to understand the driving dynamics and how you tackled the low GC condition on the ruthless roads....
I recently acquired the 530d Msport but a bit worried about the low GC. Have added Spacers for those few extra mm of GC.
Civic_doc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 07:22   #495
Team-BHP Support

Re: A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Congratulations on the 1Lakh kilometres milestone with your GT Sir
Thank you so much for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
Holy Hell! Discounting the approximately 2 years downtime due to lockdown, you have run this car 100,000 KMs in just 3.5 years. That is amazing. I have doubts if I'll be able to beat you on this one
Thank you so much for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic_doc View Post
Amazing to see you achieve such a feat and that too with a m sport suspension... Would like to understand the driving dynamics and how you tackled the low GC condition on the ruthless roads....
I recently acquired the 530d Msport but a bit worried about the low GC. Have added Spacers for those few extra mm of GC.
Thank you so much for the kind words. I handled the bad sections by being very cautious and following some best practices like putting one wheel on high ground and the other wheel in the lower part this avoiding underbody hits, taking large potholes at an angle etc. I have several video clips of bad sections. Will compile them all and post it once I am back home.
graaja is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks