Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2023, 15:36   #496
BHPian

Re: A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
1 Lakh Kilometers Up, and a Road Trip

I have been on a road trip to Hanle for the past three weeks.
I guess the 330i variant requires atleast 95RON petrol as its diet. How have you managed with the fuel availability up north ?? Is it readily available or you had to carry it with yourself ??
LONG_TOURER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 16:54   #497
Team-BHP Support

Re: A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONG_TOURER View Post
I guess the 330i variant requires atleast 95RON petrol as its diet. How have you managed with the fuel availability up north ?? Is it readily available or you had to carry it with yourself ??
I have been using normal petrol without any problems throughout this trip. The 330i works well with the regular 91 RON petrol.
graaja is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 07:37   #498
Team-BHP Support

A great milestone graaja

Truly heartening to see a GT being used the way it ideally should be! Waiting for the full travelogue.

Wish you more and more happy miles with the car!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 17:56   #499
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Wish you more and more happy miles with the car!
Thank you so much for the kind words
Old 1st November 2023, 23:38   #500
BHPian

Quote:
not planning to upgrade for another two years at least as of now. Want to fully enjoy this car before changing the car
Congrats on the 100K milestone graaja !!

I Asked Dr.AD too about plans for an upgrade when he gave us the 90K KMS update, he gave me a similar answer. It's really great to see these cars being driven, enjoyed and some great mileage numbers on them. Kudos to you.

Recently came across a BMW 320d (F30 Pre LCI) with over 230,000 KMS on the odometer. It really goes to show how well engineered these Germans are when taken care of well in the right hands.

Eagerly waiting for the travelogue of this trip.

Cheers
Cliff
Cliff9091 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 11:17   #501
BHPian

Congratulations on crossing the milestone! Eagerly awaiting your travelogue for the Hanle trip!
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 00:24   #502
BHPian

Congratulations on the wonderful and safe Leh trip. I just went through the entire TL there and then came in here to read this again.

What an amazing highway companion you have and above all, in the recent trip to Leh this has seen so many different towns, cities, historical places, passes, altitude, sand and of course snow.

Seems you have derived total value for money.

Herez wishing you God speed, fair winds and following seas.

Cheers
Rajain
Old 15th November 2023, 05:37   #503
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Congratulations on the wonderful and safe Leh trip. I just went through the entire TL there and then came in here to read this again.

Seems you have derived total value for money.

Herez wishing you God speed, fair winds and following seas.
Thank you so much for the kind words and wishes

The GT has been an absolute gem so far and I have enjoyed every kilometer driven in this machine. I hope I am able to do a few more such long road trips in the coming years with this car.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 11:54   #504
BHPian

Quote:
BBS SR Alloys and Yokohama Advan Sport V105 installed:

Then decided to go with BBS SR alloys. I wanted the Himalayan Grey color. But the dealer PJ Speed shop had only volcano grey in stock at a price of 1.1 Lakhs for a set of four. He also said due to Euro appreciation and increase in freight charges a new import may cost very high (another dealer had quoted 1.6L for a set of four if imported).
Hey graaja,

I was wondering if you tried to get BBS alloys from any dealer in Coimbatore?
I am planning to get the same wheels for my Octavia mk3.5 and I had the volcano grey diamond cut in my mind.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 22nd November 2023 at 12:18. Reason: Trimmed long post quote + corrected typo.
Downshift98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 12:21   #505
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downshift98 View Post
I was wondering if you tried to get BBS alloys from any dealer in Coimbatore?
I am planning to get the same wheels for my Octavia mk3.5 and I had the volcano grey diamond cut in my mind.
Hi, there are no dealers for BBS in Coimbatore. PJ is the only dealer that I could find for BBS.
Old 4th December 2023, 02:55   #506

Hi Graaja - thank you for your thread. Your thread had been the inspiration for me purchasing a per-owned BMW 3 GT as well 2 years ago - a bit late for the model as they had just discontinued it. But justified my decision to go for a pre owned as I didn’t want the 3 GL shape. Hopefully I will have the time to put up a post on my ownership experience soon!

But a quick question to all on this forum on a tyre change from runflats to tubeless - I am being told by at least two tyre shops in Mumbai that neither Yokohama Advans nor Vredestein nor Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (which some have recommended on this forum including you Graaja) are available in either the stock size of 225 50 R18 nor 245 45 R18 which Graaja you have used. The tyre shops are citing the tyre import ban (which I thought was relaxed a bit but may be wrong).

They are only offering me Michelin Primacy 4 in 245 45 R18 - are these good as well?
Old 20th December 2023, 23:55   #507

Quote:
The repair kit has the actual brake pads and other stuff like bolts, nuts etc. So it’s mandatory.
Thanks. Actually I realise that one of the pairs is actually 12k away from replacement, thanks to the lighter use of brakes on the daily commute (largely decelerate on highway and track 12.3 lifetime mileage).

I’ve recently purchased the 10 year BSI (on completion of 5 years, 2018 purchase) which ofcourse doesn’t cover pads and discs. For a car that has run quite less (thanks to the pandemic) 26k, can be perceived expensive, but realise that BSI has many other benefits for someone planning to hold the car for many more years. They do the diagnostics free for any complaints, find the service teams more responsive to your little complaints, put it on diagnostics without charge and the difference vs pay as you go for service wouldn’t be that high. Also it’s an inflation hedge for 5 years and avoids the headache of finding cheaper nonauthorised alternatives every time and the time consuming negotiations …Good for resale too. The car has started tracking 1000 kms a month, and hence I anticipate extra condition based services over the long run.

Am fine to replace and pay for pads and discs at the authorised shops. Given my driving experience, shouldn’t be more than one replacement (at the most twice for pads), so BSI plus didn’t make sense, as the interest costs of huge upfront payment is the real hidden charge.

Wish we could add after market lumber support for front seats and reshape the rear bench seat for better ergonomics. Also keen to add elegant mood lighting on the dash and doors for some refresh but not sure if that’s going to interfere with electricals eventually. Would avoid then.

Spare wheel weight in the boot and the rear spoiler support some stability from the ‘boat’ like ride at high speeds. If only we could get the seats more comfy for long rides…
Montu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 05:39   #508
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montu View Post
I’ve recently purchased the 10 year BSI (on completion of 5 years, 2018 purchase) which ofcourse doesn’t cover pads and discs...
That is a good move. How much did you pay for the 10 year BSI, and what is the kilometer limit? I was planning to extend my 6 year / 120K BSI+ to 8 year / 160K, but they quoted 2.5 Lakhs for BSI+.

Found 2.5 Lakhs to be very expensive for 40K kilometers. As the brake pads and discs have been replaced at 1 Lakh kilometers, I may see only one set of brake pad replacement in the next 40K kilometers. Maybe BSI makes more sense for my situation.
Old 26th December 2023, 15:26   #509

Paid about 1.4L for 10 year BSI. 8 year bsi plus was quoted around 2.5L. Found bsi plus overpriced with my limited running and considering the cost of 1 pads/ discs replacement. car is essentially fully authorised serviced with 10 yr bsi, if that helps while selling in few years

Missed the other question. The 10 year bsi is 1 lakh kilometers, which is about 70,000 kms of potential running in the next 5 years. That’s more than sufficient in self drive.

Last edited by Sheel : 26th December 2023 at 15:42. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Montu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 21:33   #510
BHPian

Quote:
10th oil service, front and rear brake pads and discs replaced:

The rear tires had another 2K of life left. As I wanted to avoid a tire change during the road trip, got them replaced. Sourced 2 numbers of 245/45/R18 Vredestein Ultrac tires from a Chennai dealer and got them replaced.
Hey Graaja!

What is your verdict on the Vredestein Ultrac tires as compared to the Yoko Advans and the Continentals you have run earlier?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks