Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2024, 16:16   #511
Team-BHP Support

11th Oil Service, Kochi drive, Astrophotography Trip to Coorg

On February 13th 2024, the GT completed 6 years and has done about 1.1 Lakh kilometers. It has been quite some time since I updated this thread. Here are a few quick updates from the past three months.

11th Oil Service:

In the 2nd week of December, got the notification on the iDrive and instrument cluster to get oil service done.

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-cbs.jpg

Called Mr. Karthik, the service manager at KUN Coimbatore and he arranged a pickup. Following were the work that needed to be completed.

1. Oil service
2. Replace the door beading on the rear left door. This was a long pending work. They had earlier ordered the part, but had received a wrong part, and we had planned to get this changed during the next oil service.

They completed the work in a day. Apart from the oil service and door beading, they also replaced three of the door pads under warranty which had started to get sticky. Following are the invoices (covered under BRI and BSI+).

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-door-pads.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-oil-service.jpg

This is the last service under the 6 year / 120K BSI+. The 6 year BRI has also come to an end. As the quoted price to extend the BSI+ was high, I have decided not to extend the BSI package.

An Overnighter in Kochi, with the Coimbatore TBHP gang

On February 3rd, a small group of TBHP members from Coimbatore went for a weekend drive to Kochi. We stayed in a bungalow by the backwaters for a night. A few pictures from this drive.

The bungalow with a nice swimming pool.
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-bungalow.jpg
Picture credit: Mr.Boss

Rooms were very comfortable.
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-room.jpg

View of the backwater from the balcony.
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-view-balcony.jpg

Morning scenery of the backwaters.
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-early-morning-backwater.jpg

Relaxing in the garden (from left: yours truly, Mr.Boss, Quicksilver)
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-relaxed-conversation.jpg
Picture credit: batterylow

The GT at the parking lot.
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-gt-parked.jpg

All the cars.
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-cars-1.jpg

A group picture at Hotel Salkara near Kochi airport.
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-group-picture.jpg
Picture credit: batterylow

Astrophotography Trip to Coorg

Went for an Astrophotography trip to Coorg from February 8th to 11th. This event was organized by BAS (Bangalore Astronomical Society). I had taken two of my Astrophotography setups this time, a longer focal length telescope to shoot small and far objects like galaxies and a shorter focal length telescope to shoot nebulae in our own Milkyway. I will write a detailed report of this trip in my Astrophotography thread. Sharing a few pictures here.

The equipment ready to be loaded.
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-ready-load.jpg

Equipment loaded in the car. These are times when the GT proves how practical a car it is.
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-loaded.jpg

Driving through beautiful country roads.
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-beautiful-country-road.jpg

Coffee break near Kushalnagar.
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-coffee-break-1.jpg
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-coffee-break-2.jpg

Equipment setup and ready to go.
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-equipment-ready-action.jpg

The telescopes in action.
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-action.jpg

A collage of celestial objects shot during the trip.
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-collage.jpg

Milkyway rising over the trees.
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-milkyway.jpg

That's all folks, I have for now!

Last edited by graaja : 16th February 2024 at 17:52.
graaja is offline   (94) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 18:46   #512
BHPian

Re: A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up

One of my favourite threads on TeamBHP?
graaja and his Estoril Blue 330i GT! So much learnt over the years.
True love indeed! Amazing astral photography shots. Saving them and using them as a new wallpaper.

The universe really is something.
shiv11bhargava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 20:40   #513
Team-BHP Support

Re: A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv11bhargava View Post
One of my favourite threads on TeamBHP?
graaja and his Estoril Blue 330i GT! So much learnt over the years.
True love indeed! Amazing astral photography shots. Saving them and using them as a new wallpaper.

The universe really is something.
Thank you for your kind words!

If you need high resolution astro pictures, I have updated my Astrophotography thread with the individual pictures shot during the recent trip. Link below.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post5720746 (Rendezvous with The Universe | My Astrophotography Hobby)
graaja is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 20:29   #514
BHPian

Re: 11th Oil Service, Kochi drive, Astrophotography Trip to Coorg

Wow! The pics are out of the world. These were eerily similar to the ones I saw when I went to Jaisalmer and Chail. Would be an honor to meet you one day, Graaja!

Last edited by mugen_pinaki27 : 19th February 2024 at 20:34.
mugen_pinaki27 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks