Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2007, 19:33   #76
rippergeo

there are handling issues for the verna, but its not as bad as its made out to be. anyway, I've never seen the need to do speeds greater than 120 in india. and its criminal to be doing speeds over 100 on the bends.

its not the car's fault that it can reach insane speeds in a very short time. its our fault for expecting it to behave like its on rails while doing so.

the engine the brakes and the ride are all excellent
the ergonomics , visibility are also brilliant for its class
the top end version has enough creature comforts in it including climate control
the only car that could beat this one overall comes at a lac higher at the base version- the magnum diesel
holding its high speed handling against such a nice car would be wrong/unfair

by the way, smoke is not an issue if you use regular diesel(I use Indian Oil)and change to fully synthetic/semisythetic engine oil(i use magnatec)

the handling can be improved by better rubber, and if you really want to improve it, you could get better springs and dampers(will probably set you back by 30000rs)
  (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 22:30   #77
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna CRDi At 5000km Edit Now done 158000

Its been almost 7 years I havent updated this thread.
The Verna is still going strong.
Over the years it has suffered multiple small bruises and cuts.
It has done over 1,58,000 km.
The engine is still punchy and surge of power after the turbo lag still makes me feel good.
The overall efficiency is around 18 kmpl.
The ride is still pretty good till 100-110 kmph but gets bouncy there after on uneven surfaces.
The age is catching up as I more freaquently see black smoke from my exhaust in rear view mirror and hear various creeks and rattles on bad roads.
We had thought of selling the car at one point but differed from the idea as the car has proved to be such a value proposition over the years.
Even the maintenance, service and repair costs are low.
bhpindian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 14:55   #78
BHPian

re: Hyundai Verna CRDi. EDIT: 263,000 km up and SOLD!

Hi Bhpindian,

Its really great to see a 7 years Verna in good shape.
I think the Hyundai deserve a credit for proving the point that they are serious about India and would keep giving us the best of cars & technology.

I have seen them in Korea and there, its hard to find a Toyota or Honda in general. (They do have Audis & BMWs though)

My 2000 Santro sold in 2005 is still doing good with its second owner. It still starts with a single click, he said.
Wanderers is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 12:23   #79
BHPian

The older gen Verna is quite solid and a no non-sense sedan. Period.

Mine is a 2009 make and still going strong at 78K with absolutely no issues whatsoever, in comparison I find Maruti diesels demand more maintenance (My personal opinion and comparison with my Maruti folks)
sudeep.pandya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 08:17   #80
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna CRDi now at 2,10,000 km and due for replacement

Our Hyundai Verna VGT CRDI has now crossed 2 lakh kilometers on odometer. We are planning to part with it and replace it with a another 6-7 seater for growing number of family members and/or more luggage space.
The engine is still punchy but feels a little strained after 110 kmph now. Fuel efficiency is around 16 kmpl.
After almost 10 years it still pulls swiftly after 2000 rpm, out running modern sedans in its price range.
Looking for replacement like Honda BRV diesel, Toyota Innova.
bhpindian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 08:41   #81
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna CRDi now at 2,10,000 km and due for replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpindian View Post
Our Hyundai Verna VGT CRDI has now crossed 2 lakh kilometers on odometer. We are planning to part with it and replace it with a another 6-7 seater for growing number of family members and/or more luggage space.
The engine is still punchy but feels a little strained after 110 kmph now. Fuel efficiency is around 16 kmpl.
After almost 10 years it still pulls swiftly after 2000 rpm, out running modern sedans in its price range.
Looking for replacement like Honda BRV diesel, Toyota Innova.
Can you please share a picture of odometer?
2 Lakhs kms in a Hyundai Verna is super impressive! Didn't think it could age that well.
What about the service cost and parts?
How well did the interiors age?
I think engine decarb and throttle mapping may improve things in terms of engine strain.
Old 21st May 2016, 13:45   #82
BHPian

Here are the few pictures requested.
We had added seat covers about a year ago.
Central left AC vent broken since a long time.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna CRDi. EDIT: 263,000 km up and SOLD!-img_20160521_132316.jpg  

Hyundai Verna CRDi. EDIT: 263,000 km up and SOLD!-img_20160521_132344.jpg  

Hyundai Verna CRDi. EDIT: 263,000 km up and SOLD!-img_20160521_132455.jpg  

Hyundai Verna CRDi. EDIT: 263,000 km up and SOLD!-img_20160521_132517.jpg  

bhpindian is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 00:15   #83
BHPian

At 263000 km we have bid adeu to our Hyundai Verna. The car was still going strong but lack of parking space and need smaller car has compelled us to let her go away. It was a good piece of engineering by Hyundai even with its flaws. It has stood test of time and distance and still the powerful turbo surge which pushes the driver back into the seats.
bhpindian is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 02:25   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At 263000 km we have bid adeu to our Hyundai Verna. The car was still going strong but lack of parking space and need smaller car has compelled us to let her go away. It was a good piece of engineering by Hyundai even with its flaws. It has stood test of time and distance and still the powerful turbo surge which pushes the driver back into the seats.
Wow, that is awesome mileage. How reliable was the car, is it true that maintenance for diesel car is high. Our 2008 City has done 1,35,xxx kilometers, no major work done, still running the stock clutch. Average service amount is around 7.5K Inr.
Old 8th February 2018, 13:09   #85
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai Verna CRDi. EDIT: 263,000 km up and SOLD!

Quote:
Congratulations on what seems to have been a lovely ownership experience for you
Very curious to know how much you sold it for, I have a 2012 Verna Fluidic at 131,000 kms on the odometer and would mostly be looking to replace sometime in 2020 since the car is almost rattle free even at this point.
Old 8th February 2018, 13:40   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Wow, that is awesome mileage. How reliable was the car, is it true that maintenance for diesel car is high. Our 2008 City has done 1,35,xxx kilometers, no major work done, still running the stock clutch. Average service amount is around 7.5K Inr.
Thank you for the compliments. The car had not broken down even a single time due to mechanical issues. There were no rusting body parts. Only rattles we heard were from aftermarket IRVM and music system casing. We serviced it regularly at 10000 km. Servicing cost had steadily risen to about 8.5k with suspension work at each lakh km. Clutch plate was changed at 2 Lakh km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Congratulations on what seems to have been a lovely ownership experience for you
Very curious to know how much you sold it for, I have a 2012 Verna Fluidic at 131,000 kms on the odometer and would mostly be looking to replace sometime in 2020 since the car is almost rattle free even at this point.
Thank you, Our Verna truely deserves all your compliments. We have lend our car to one of my relatives for a period of month, so commercial value was not in mind while selling it. But many approached us with price of 2 lakhs which will be approximate deal for the car. We had bought it at around ₹ 8.25 lakh Only sore point was poor night vision even after upgrading bulbs. But 4 disc brakes all around meant it could be controlled even with poor vision at night.

Last edited by manson : 8th February 2018 at 14:47. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
bhpindian is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks