Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2007, 13:30   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Brakes are ok but the tyres on my car are stock Bridgestone S322 tube type tyres which are scary at high speeds but I like correcting steering over and under steer at corners.
Mine are the same tyres and truly they dont inspire great confidence. Btw, one of the best and detailed review of your red beauty
Old 26th May 2007, 16:41   #77
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Mobike. Hope to see a review soon from you too.
Old 26th May 2007, 21:16   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Hmm, would have imagined it to be the other way-The RS should have been almost impossible to beat and the Civic should have been easier.Seems you got a very good Civic driver and a mediocre Skoda driver.
I test drove the Civic a few weeks back and I was yawning away to glory.Its fast only after 5K rpm,thats when the iVtec works its magic and the car flies.That car can could do with some low end grunt though.
Thats cause Civic face off was on delhi-jaipur highway with open roads while with RS it was on delhi roads/flyovers. And yes, the Skoda guy probably didnt go flat out but he seemed quite enthusiastic initially.
Old 28th May 2007, 10:47   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mobike. Hope to see a review soon from you too.
Moral, here is the review that I wrote about my car

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ip-report.html
Old 29th May 2007, 07:54   #80
BHPian

hey moral, gr8 reviews both part 1 and 2
but drive safe man, you don't want your baby to be involved in an accident, do you?

one Q,
can you update us on the parts availability for palio 1.6/adventure? one of the PUG members have reported that his palio was stranded in the service center for more than a month for parts, is it true?

this kind of stories are really scary
Old 29th May 2007, 08:34   #81
Senior - BHPian

superb review.

and auro do sell 14incher with 98pcd

and where's that picture of Black Fiat Stilo ???
Old 29th May 2007, 10:13   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
hey moral, gr8 reviews both part 1 and 2
but drive safe man, you don't want your baby to be involved in an accident, do you?
I feel I drive safe Vabs, considering I haven't had a crash yet (touch wood). I am an occassional pedal to metal guy. But I appreciate your concern and will drive safe.

Quote:
can you update us on the parts availability for palio 1.6/adventure? one of the PUG members have reported that his palio was stranded in the service center for more than a month for parts, is it true?
this kind of stories are really scary
So far so good I haven't had trouble with parts even for the most rarest failures like the timing belt tensioner. Parts were available off the shelf. I have a slight issue with the clutch master cylinder which is making a tuck tuck sound when released. Although there no problems whatsoever with the smoothness of the clutch et al. I would still get it inspected and replaced if need be. Checked with them and the parts are available in stock.

As a matter of fact there was a shortage of spare parts apart from those required for regular service in the transition period of Fiat from Bombay to Ranjangaon. Now that everything is being steadied at Ranjangaon I dont think there would be any problem with spare parts availability. They are importing all the required spares for the Fiat Uno too from S. American markets. Fiat India is also taking an initiative to stock major spares at dealer level to avoid delays caused by following the supply chain. This info was conveyed by Fiat service personnel whom we met at a recent get together with Fiat and Tata people. If you have any queries please write in to service@fiat.com

Quote:
superb review.
and auro do sell 14incher with 98pcd
and where's that picture of Black Fiat Stilo ???
Thanks JK. Aura do sell 98 PCD's but the stock design is better than most Aura wheel designs. Which Black Fiat Stilo? Or you meant Stile? I have them at my home computer will get them tomorrow.
Old 29th May 2007, 17:41   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
one Q,
can you update us on the parts availability for palio 1.6/adventure? one of the PUG members have reported that his palio was stranded in the service center for more than a month for parts, is it true?this kind of stories are really scary
yup thts me man!! car is in the dock for last 2 months, still awaiting major parts. Things are not okay at Fiat still
Old 29th May 2007, 17:59   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
yup thts me man!! car is in the dock for last 2 months, still awaiting major parts. Things are not okay at Fiat still
Can you list out parts you need? May be I could help.
Old 30th May 2007, 12:07   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Can you list out parts you need? May be I could help.
Oh can you! that would be great!! major parts still awaited are: engine block, front bumper, ac condenser.
I have contacted Fiat service over email and phone (Mangesh Kodalke) and its just a scripted reply that i am getting. It goes like this:

"Dear Mr. Rana,

Thank you for your communication & sorry to note on the concern mentioned. We have coordinated the matter on top most priority with dealership & required back up is rendered to them by our parts department to ensure that your car is on road at the earliest, you will be hearing from dealership ,till then please bear with us .

Thanking you & assuring you of our best services at all times.

With warm regards,
Thanks & Regards

Nirmal Satsangi
After Sales
"
Old 30th May 2007, 12:23   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh can you! that would be great!! major parts still awaited are: engine block, front bumper, ac condenser.
I have contacted Fiat service over email and phone (Mangesh Kodalke) and its just a scripted reply that i am getting. It goes like this:
If Mangesh Kodalkar doesn't have spares then its a shame! He had promised us that withing 6 months from April they will ensure that they have an inventory with all spares stocked at dealer level which doesn't seem to happen. Btw it is surprising that the Block gave away so soon. Anyways I spoke to my dealer and he confirmed availability of 7 bumpers in stock for the 1.6. You can ask Mangesh to arrange for logistics. He should have AC condensers in stock in the factory but the blocks are a very very very rare case to cease or cause trouble and are mighty expensive to replace (I think around 40 - 50k). They are available in the grey market of Opera house without bill and warranty which is not advisable. Tell Mr. Mangesh that it is surprising to see their availability with local resellers and not with the dealerships.

Did your car meet with an accident? If yes, what happened and what is the extent of damage?
Old 30th May 2007, 20:17   #87
BHPian

from where in delhi can i get a wheel cover for palio, i spoke with almost all dealers but nobody seem to have one in stock.
Old 31st May 2007, 01:43   #88
BHPian

@ markiv, sorry to know about your car.Its frightening to have such a failure in such a short time.But your car's under warranty right?
Old 2nd June 2007, 21:17   #89
BHPian

thanks for the reply moralfibre, looks like there is some improvement with FIAT afterall

Quote:
sorry to hear that, what happened to your car?
Old 3rd June 2007, 23:32   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Did your car meet with an accident? If yes, what happened and what is the extent of damage?
There was no problem with the engine actually. Had an accident and the engine got damaged due to that. There was a crack and hence requires replacement.

Front right side of the car was badly damaged. Radiator, condeser, compressor, headlight, fog lamp, front member etc. The total list is of 42 parts!!

Total estimate is around 1.5-2 Lakh. Thank god for insurance!! it was dot 6 months when the accident happened!!

have to check with the dealer on the current status of how many parts have arrived. Last checked, it was ~10-12

Pathetic A.S.S truly

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks