Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2009, 16:03   #181
Senior - BHPian

Clutch judder update

Have now driven 500km in the city after service. The clutch works smoother after the bleeding/oil change. The judder does happen once in a while (much reduced frequency) - it happens at very low rpm when there is a slope or a hump. For eg., I was exiting this hotel ramp (slight incline) with 4 in the car in 1st gear from stop, and it happened. Maybe the pulling power is slightly less (what with 15" wheels and bigger tyres), and this caused it.

Since, its working fine most cases, I'll probably only change the clutch @ next service in 6 months ?
Old 29th August 2009, 16:29   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Anyways good to know that synthetic is an option for the Lancer and I'm guessing Cedia owners also have the choice now.
No idea sir but which oil is used in cedia. I will be going for next service in october. The car had will have 36400 on the clock and will require all oil changes and filter changes. If its the synthetic oil which now mitsui recommends, better I get that. Help would be apreciated.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 29th August 2009 at 16:33.
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:59   #183
Senior - BHPian

@gaurav_chopra04, you can ask the HM A.S.S. about the synthetic oil. I did see their circular for the Lancer at A.S.C. Bangalore. The service advisor told me the synthetic oil is Motul (HM uses Motul mineral oil as standard)...
Old 13th January 2010, 22:05   #184
Team-BHP Support

Again time to update this thread.

Car was given for 90K kms service earlier this week. I was not too happy with the brakes so decided to give it in for the full service.

Apart from brakes i also told them to take a look at the suspension as it was feeling a bit loose. The entire suspension was overhauled. They removed and greased all the joints as well as the strut. They also added some extra rubber bracing near the spring to reduce the thumping sound. The car is still on original struts and as per the SA will still last.

Total service cost for 90K kms service came to Rs. 4472. Approx breakup is as follows:

Brake pads replaced - Rs. 2500
Suspension overhauled - Rs. 750
90K kms service - Rs. 750
Misc+tax - Rs.400

No oil change was done as my car is running OWS and will do the oil change later on.

I'm overall very pleased with India Garage and especially with my SA Mr. Laxmikanth who has been handling my car for more than 5 years. He knows me very well and takes keen interest in getting the issues fixed. Any issue he finds he always calls up to ask me what to do and gives his suggestions. Car is always washed second time when I arrive to ensure I get a clean car and he shows me everything he has attended to.

There was a squeaking sound from the engine which I informed him when giving the car in the evening. He said this looks to be a small problem, lets solve it now itself instead of putting in job card and giving it to mechanics to fix tomo who may not hear the sound. This was at closing time 5:45pm. We identified the problem as a squeaky pulley. A good spray of WD40 on the pulley and voila no more sound.

As most of you know the car is up for sale and if I do end up parting ways with it I'm not only going to miss the car but also Laxmikanth.
Old 14th January 2010, 09:12   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post

As most of you know the car is up for sale and if I do end up parting ways with it I'm not only going to miss the car but also Laxmikanth.
Awe! Viduth thats super emotional buddy. I'd really like to thank you for all the advise and suggestions you have given me for my SFXi and connecting me to Laxmikanth. I have called him upteen times and he has never failed to respond back. Only problem is with the OEM spares and their prices.

I'll tell you what, and most would agree, Anyone owning a Lancer should have this thread in their favourites' section on their browser.

Thanks Viduth, Thanks Laxmikanth, Thanks Team BHP.

Over and Out.
Old 5th March 2010, 15:31   #186
Team-BHP Support

The car was sold a couple of weeks ago. She had done 92K kms and was going to complete 10years on june 22nd this year.

The buyer who is not a member here understood my love for the car and will probably take good care of her as I went on and on about the car when he came to pick her up. He also let me drive for one last time before taking her away.

I gave him a detailed writeup of what all to look out for in the car in the years to come.

Was feeling pretty low for a few days after the car was given off but now seeing what to get as her replacement. Looking at Polo or Beat.

I have told him to join here and share his experience with the car.

All the best to the new owner and hope she gives him miles of trouble free ownership and immense driving pleasure like she gave me.

Like they say, All good things must come to and end and so has this 10year journey.

Cheers.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th March 2010 at 15:50.
Old 5th March 2010, 15:54   #187
BHPian

sad to see the 6639 go.
Must say one of the most immaculately maintained cars I have seen till date.

On a lighter note , stop saying anything about the replacement. By the time you finalize the your replacement the Beat or Polo might already be in their 2nd or 3rd generations.

Be happy with your 225 BHP Tata.

Last edited by leadf00t : 5th March 2010 at 15:56.
Old 5th March 2010, 17:13   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

This was by far one of the best maintained cars I've ever seen.
Old 8th March 2010, 15:33   #189
Senior - BHPian

Its really sad to part her away. I really envy the way you maintained it, just one word AWESOME.
Pls update if you have any final pics of the car before the End card.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 8th March 2010 at 15:34.
Old 24th July 2023, 10:17   #190

Re: Mitsubishi Lancer SFXi 90K kms / 9 years ownership report. Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Again time to update this thread.

I'm overall very pleased with India Garage and especially with my SA Mr. Laxmikanth who has been handling my car for more than 5 years. He knows me very well and takes keen interest in getting the issues fixed. Any issue he finds he always calls up to ask me what to do and gives his suggestions. Car is always washed second time when I arrive to ensure I get a clean car and he shows me everything he has attended to.

There was a squeaking sound from the engine which I informed him when giving the car in the evening. He said this looks to be a small problem, lets solve it now itself instead of putting in job card and giving it to mechanics to fix tomo who may not hear the sound. This was at closing time 5:45pm. We identified the problem as a squeaky pulley. A good spray of WD40 on the pulley and voila no more sound.

Hi, Is there a number to contact Laxmikanth and any idea where he works now?
Old 24th July 2023, 10:38   #191
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mitsubishi Lancer SFXi 90K kms / 9 years ownership report. Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyD View Post
Hi, Is there a number to contact Laxmikanth and any idea where he works now?
He left India garage 10 years back and is with Mahindra in Tumkur.

I have no clue how to help for Mitsubishi anymore.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks