Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2007, 00:15   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
huh no rubber bushes? ok say that its steel bushes used in suspension with rubber internals!! Again what about front strut kit, lower arm, stabilizer bar?? or is all that also not there??? and doesnt lancer have a cable shift for gears??
They dont listen jaggu. I tried for the suspension but he keeps saying that the suspension only needs retorquing and we dont have any rubber bushes which we change. I'm fighting a losing battle with these dimwits.

I told them to change the busk kit in the gear shifter and he was looking at me with a blank face. He then said no saaar that and all is only there in maruti800 our car doesnt have all this no need to open the gearbox.

I tried telling him that the gearbox doesnt need to be opened it's just the shifter but he said no no saar I'm telling you no rubber bushes.

Since they dont have the equipment for Decarbonising they say not to do it. for injector cleaning I believe I should use bardahl octane booster.

the car will be given tomorrow. will let you know.
Old 10th May 2007, 00:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

Even i was told there are no rubber bushes in the suspension & i do have reasons to believe that to be true. i guess the old ambys & pals had it. There is no such thing as a bush kit.
Old 10th May 2007, 00:29   #48
Team-BHP Support

the suspension has to have rubber bushes whether mercedes or amby. you can also have some PU/fibre like in the NHC.

If you had an all metal suspension what would you hear if you went over a bump??? you need rubber for damping it and that's why you feel that the suspension feels lose as the rubber dries out expands and cannot provide the taughtness.

for the gearbox the shift action is controlled by rubber bushes. If you changes the rubber bushes you will notice the play in gear lever will reduce and the slotting will be little more precise through the gates.
Old 10th May 2007, 00:45   #49
Senior - BHPian

Like I told you a few times earlier Vid, you need to find yourself a no-nonsense independent garage which is experienced and can take care of your normal servicing needs. There is nothing like the personal attention that these guys provide and that can never be matched with an official dealer.

Problem is to find one which is Good, Reliable, Honest and knows what he does inside out.
Old 10th May 2007, 05:01   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Like I told you a few times earlier Vid, you need to find yourself a no-nonsense independent garage which is experienced and can take care of your normal servicing needs. There is nothing like the personal attention that these guys provide and that can never be matched with an official dealer.

Problem is to find one which is Good, Reliable, Honest and knows what he does inside out.
Exactly.. Take the Car to Keshav..Let him also have a look..If needed everything can be bought over to Keshav's place and changed there..

Godfather
Old 10th May 2007, 16:16   #51
Team-BHP Support

Well I'm finally back after a harrowing experience at the HM service centre run by a bunch of chimpanzees.

I was promised the car yesterday. The HM guys don't believe in calling the customer and informing the status of the job. I ended up calling them finally since I dint hear from them at 5pm. I was told that the car was ready and the only thing remaining was the wash which would be done the next day first thing in the morning.

Today morning thought that I would collect the car and go to work since only the wash was left. Called up the buffoons at 9am. To my surprise the guy who was taking of my car was sent off to chennai for training. The best part he dint hand over the responsibility to anyone. The other guy said he will find out and call me back. I knew what this meant. Since the place was close to my dad's office he told me to drop him in the other car and check what these monkeys were upto.

I landed up at the showroom at 10am only to find my car parked in the lot totally dirty windows rolled down. I went up to the service desk and the guy casually tells me saar why you came saar, i was just going to caaaall you saaar. I said well I waited for an hour for your call and you dint so i thought I would come see the status myself and as I see it the car is far from ready.

Anyways, when I asked for the jobcard which the engineer used with the comments, I noticed that the rear quarter glass beading was not replaced and the wheel bearing was found to be ok. i had asked for opening all the doors and checking and lubricating the power windows since the front right was having a problem. the front right assembly was replaced but other were just ticked as found ok. when I tried the front left window I found it crying to go up. I asked him whats with this? His reply was if you want we will change the assembly as well, but better you use till it fails.

Anyways the car was taken inside again for the quarter glass. After that the car was sent for wash. I followed the car till the washing bay and was in for the shock of my life.

In front of my car there was another car which they were trying to drive up the washing ramp and the guy misjudged it and it ended up falling off by almost 1foot. the guys casually pick the car up and drive it back on as if nothing happened. I said what the hell, is this the way you guys drive the cars here. his reply: "nothing will happen sir, its ok no problem, dont worry we will take yours carefully". Well I just lost it that point of time, blasted him and told him this was the last he would see of my car and I would take this with HM personally.

After the car was washed and came back I drove it around the compound as they dont allow the car to go out without bill payment!! found the clutch and gear to be ok. I then asked for all the old parts, paid the bill and left.

Because of the monkeys I had to deal with I ended up missing work as the time was 1pm by the time they gave it.

On the drive back home my observations:

1. clutch and gear very light to shift and feels good. for some reason now when i rest my hand on the gear stick I can feel a clicking, not hear but faintly feel a clicking. this goes away if i press the clutch but on normal driving when clutch is released I can feel the clicking. maybe I'm being finicky.

2. the left side brakes creak when half pressed coming to a stop, like going downhill if you press half brake it creaks and moves slowly down.

I'll post the prices of all the work done. It cost me Rs.19,500.

thank you everybody for your advice.
Old 10th May 2007, 16:29   #52
BHPian

Vid original japanese bushes are available. I had all of the rubber bushes, including the metal clad ones changed for my car. Like I told you the HM guys dont sell them seperately. For eg, if you need to change the bushes in the lower arm, they will seel you the lower arm as a complete assembly. Therefore I had them sourced seperately and had them changed myself. PM me if you require any help.
Old 10th May 2007, 16:32   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
There is no such thing as a bush kit.
No offense buddy, but some of us here have a little knowledge about these things and we know what we are talking about - OK ?

And since it is a Lancer, I can assure you that I know the car pretty well. There is a bush kit. HM might not sell it, but it is available elsewhere.

Last edited by Sideways : 10th May 2007 at 16:33.
Old 10th May 2007, 16:38   #54
Team-BHP Support

Yeah sideways like you said, they sell the complete lower arm not just the bushes. Ok will PM you for the bushes but how do i get them replaced?

Sideways, one more help how about the gear shift bushes? how do I go about those. these guys keep saying there is nothing of the sort.

Also one query if the slave cylinder fails for the clutch fails how do you know? does it leak clutch fluid?
Old 10th May 2007, 17:22   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Yeah sideways like you said, they sell the complete lower arm not just the bushes. Ok will PM you for the bushes but how do i get them replaced?

Sideways, one more help how about the gear shift bushes? how do I go about those. these guys keep saying there is nothing of the sort.

Also one query if the slave cylinder fails for the clutch fails how do you know? does it leak clutch fluid?
The Gear lever is connected to the Gear box with cables. I am sure Psycho can help you with replacement of the suspension bushes. When the slave cylinder fails it takes in air and you clutch pedal seems very unloaded and it's difficult to shift gears. It's a really small contraption right in the front mounted on the gearbox. Sometimes these guys bleed the system and do not replace the dust cap which is a major culprit for slave cylinder failures.
Old 10th May 2007, 17:28   #56
Team-BHP Support

Ok since it's via cables why do i feel a clicking when i rest my hand on the gear lever. It's very small but dint notice it earlier. When the clutch is released you feel the clicking but when pressed you don't.

yeah i saw the slave cylinder. I havent got it bled before this ever so I guess the dust cap should be there. I'll take a pic and upload it.
Old 10th May 2007, 17:50   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vid

Hope your Lancer gets sorted out soon..........this process can get to you at times.

Cheers
Old 10th May 2007, 17:52   #58
Team-BHP Support

Hey Ricky, it seems to be fine now. Just want to know if few things are normal or something I should get checked up.

The suspension actually feels much better now. So will go for the bushes sometime later.

Brakes I'm guessing need some wearing in.
Old 10th May 2007, 18:07   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Hey Ricky, it seems to be fine now. Just want to know if few things are normal or something I should get checked up.

The suspension actually feels much better now. So will go for the bushes sometime later.

Brakes I'm guessing need some wearing in.

The brakes will settle in after about 100 kms + assuming you have just changed the pads & not had the rotor machined....as for the suspension, did you at all change the "non-existent" bushes ??. As long as you are happy with the improvements I guess it was worth the effort.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 10th May 2007 at 18:08.
Old 10th May 2007, 18:11   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Vid,

With regards to suspension, I would recomend a change of all the rubber. This is known to wear out. HM, however does not sell bush kits alone and therfore a suspension overhaul works out very expensive. The rubber bush kit (japanese) is available after market.
Oops, i didn't see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
No offense buddy, but some of us here have a little knowledge about these things and we know what we are talking about - OK ?

And since it is a Lancer, I can assure you that I know the car pretty well. There is a bush kit. HM might not sell it, but it is available elsewhere.
Thanks for reminding me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks