Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2007, 19:03   #61
Senior - BHPian

Thats nice report, you love your Diesel beauty and its worth since 3000km already within no time.

FE is bit less for so called refined you are the fuel engine but it depends on driving/road conditions etc.. anyway its better than my Petrol cars

Enjoy your ride. All the best

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 17th July 2007, 19:16   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
My car completes 3 weeks today. And the odo reads 3000 km, so she has been really munching miles(or is it kilometers?)
Your usage justifies your decision to buy diesel. Nice report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
FE is bit less for so called refined you are the fuel engine but it depends on driving/road conditions etc.. anyway its better than my Petrol cars
Mileage if 18 is less under the conditions he has described?
Old 17th July 2007, 19:18   #63
Team-BHP Support

good report, awaiting the second part
Old 18th July 2007, 13:12   #64
Senior - BHPian

About the performance of the car during the trip -

Power is adequate, on highways even with a/c on and full load. The acceleration from 100-120 is brisk and overtaking is a breeze. I probably need to do wheel balancing though, as vibrations started increasing to uncomfortable levels at 140 kph.

The car is not as flimsy as I thought it to be. Though entering into potholes will generate enough acoustics(THUD! THUD! BANG! BANG !) to give you an idea of the number of parts used in construction of the car, once out on good roads, the car is silent again. Steering vibrations at normal speeds are still high, I feel.

ABS works very well. Once you are used to the brake and it's modulation, you can use it with confidence. I had a close call when a Toyota starlet driven by a maniac braked really hard to avoid something, but I could increase pressure at the last moment and avoid hitting him. No screeches, no drama, very predictable.

FE did not change much with different fuels - used HP Turbojet on the onward journey, IBP Xtramile(same as IOC Xtramile is what I am told) on return, IBP normal diesel for a 250 km local trip. FE was same(18) on the highway and 15+ for the local trip where the roads were really bad and too much traffic to boot. Switched to Shell Diesel once I came back to bangalore.
<Inference : It is my driving that has to improve, the car is already delivering the max it can. Once I get over the turbo hangover, maybe I will drive more sedately>

The car did not leak ! I always wanted to test the car in pouring rain, so my wish was granted. No leaks at all then, but yesterday, the car was in open parking lot and I could see some water on the driver floor mat? No idea where it came from. Need to keep a watch on this.

Seats are just ok, ok. Cannot call it comfortable. I managed on my way home, but when coming back, I was shifting and squirming in the seat. Somehow not able to find that perfect driving position either. If I go too close, my foot starts paining from the awkward angles that it is subjected to, and if I go too back, working the clutch becomes a pain.

Engine sound seems to have increased after the trip. Aargh! Sometimes I feel that it is sounding like a refined Indica. ICE comes to the rescue here.

A/c does it's job. In the Kerala heat, the occupants were never uncomfortable, but it cannot really chill the cabin unless running at full blast. No complaints, though.
Old 18th July 2007, 16:18   #65
Team-BHP Support

Good update yet again!

Might go to TATA-fiat showroom today for a stile TD. Was considering taking a TD of the Swift DDiS also, while coming back.

No plans to buy anything as of now. Simply TDfying.
Old 18th July 2007, 18:34   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
The car did not leak ! I always wanted to test the car in pouring rain, so my wish was granted. No leaks at all then, but yesterday, the car was in open parking lot and I could see some water on the driver floor mat? No idea where it came from. Need to keep a watch on this.
I hear lot of roof noise (rain drops on the metal) when it rains. This is something new because I never heard so much noise in any other cars.
Old 19th July 2007, 01:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I hear lot of roof noise (rain drops on the metal) when it rains. This is something new because I never heard so much noise in any other cars.
I too noticed this with the Swift, no other car makes so much noise when rain pours.
Old 19th July 2007, 04:32   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

I wonder if they put the same amount of padding in there as they do for markets elsewhere in the world?
Old 19th July 2007, 09:28   #69
BANNED

I had seen a Swift going thru a sound damping job. Yes, the roof is quiet tinny and it needed lots of padding to be a bit stable to our likes.

Nice report there. Will always keep an eye here.

Our VDI will be delivered today. :cheers:
Old 19th July 2007, 10:30   #70
BHPian

Hi Zak,
Welcome to the Swift-D club. There a large number of new Swift Diesels found in Kochi now a days. Even saw 2 taxis.
What color is yours?

Regards
Old 19th July 2007, 10:52   #71
Team-BHP Support

congratz zak, which color are you getting?
Old 19th July 2007, 11:03   #72
Senior - BHPian

Thats right I too noticed lot of noice when it rains, When I checked with mechanic told me its because the way its designed (may be he means metal sheet and insulation/padding) and quality of material used which make noice. Samething about suspension too really makes lot of noice in bad roads.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 19th July 2007, 11:16   #73

I think we all are treating our Swift Diesel as if it is a two wheeler coz of its average.....My dealer tried to convince me that Swift Diesel is not suitable for u because of less driving...but just after 10 days i completed 1000kms & took appointment for first service.....and he was shocked....i am getting average of 23 on highways & 19 in city(with 100% AC)......
Old 19th July 2007, 11:53   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Our VDI will be delivered today. :cheers:
zakji, you never told!
Old 19th July 2007, 12:17   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I too noticed this with the Swift, no other car makes so much noise when rain pours.
Oh ! nobody knows the secret of this? Actually Maruti gives you two skeletons(one of male and one female variety) free with every Swift, and they make out on the roof, everytime it rains. Don't bother, let them have their fun !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks