Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 15:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Swift Diesel - 15000 km update

Mods, Please allow me to keep this thread here as I will be updating it regularly.

I have just done the first service for my car yesterday - after 1 week. Servicing itself was a mixed bag, they were able to sort out some rattling issues, but the car was not properly cleaned and they did not do something which I specifically asked them to check. But I am very happy that most of the irritating rattles have been fixed.

The car is an absolute joy to drive and I am enjoying the turbo band between 2-3k rpm, even in cities. Have hit 120 kph a couple of times now, also tested whether ABS works. It does !! Have to do a wet road test, though - that will be the ultimate test of ABS and where it can save lives.

There used to be an irritating tak tak sound somewhere from the back that started all of a sudden. Later turned out that it was a 20-litre water bottle that I have forgotten to give back !!

Headlights are not adequate at all, I feel. Need to get this sorted out by fitting 100/90 bulbs. Anybody know a reliable chap to do it in Bangalore?

Driving seat is a pain for me, I start getting a backache after driving for 2 hours or so. Tried all sorts of permutations and combinations for seat position and rake, but to no avail. I never felt this in any of the cars I drove before, would it be possible to plonk some other seat onto the swift? Or else, what are my options? Considering to get some pillows for the neck, proabably for the thighs too - Where in Bangalore can I get options for these?

Mileage has settled between 15-17, depending on traffic. 100% a/c and I never switch off the car at signals.

parking between two close pillars is a pain though, because of the width of this car. I am very careful not to scratch the car, but the first scratch happened at the service yesterday on the underside of the front bumper. THe dealer said he will do it up for me and since it is not so visible, I took his offer. But it really hurt !!!
Old 5th July 2007, 16:39   #2
BHPian

Backpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Driving seat is a pain for me, I start getting a backache after driving for 2 hours or so. Tried all sorts of permutations and combinations for seat position and rake, but to no avail.
I also facing this. I used to have backpain in long drives, but in Swift with 15/20 mins of driving in the morning I some how not very comfortable.

Where did you do your first service? I need to fix my rear seat belt assembly rattles.
Old 5th July 2007, 17:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Good that you love your car and nice review, About back pain and seat I noticed medium hieght (Say 5.4 ft) guys reported Swift's driver seats are not good, one suggestion I heard is put soft pillow behind you instead of sitting on pillow let it support your back. you should feel better.

I guess GeekSrik has fitted better headlights for his Swift.

Thats good FE I feel although Swift D was hyped to give FE of 20 in City and 25 on highway.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 5th July 2007 at 17:02.
Old 5th July 2007, 17:18   #4
BHPian

I find couple of people having back problem in swift. I have never heard this earlier. Is it uncomfortable for people with say 6" feet (height )

Last edited by navdeep : 5th July 2007 at 17:36.
Old 5th July 2007, 17:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car Kutappan, glad to hear you're enjoying her! And with regards to the pillars, why don't you cover part of them with foam so that even if the car touches it, it doesn't cause any damage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Is it uncomfortable for people with say 6" feet
Those feet are quite small for an adult, aren't they?
Old 5th July 2007, 17:30   #6

Rattling sound is very irritating.....only option is to increase stereo volume.....coz u fix one door then other door will start then other window so on.....
Old 5th July 2007, 17:35   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Those feet are quite small for an adult, aren't they?

Ishan, please do some favors and correct me.
Old 5th July 2007, 20:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice review. Have you updated your tyres if not then ABS wont help much.
Old 5th July 2007, 20:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

kuttapan, please head straight to Konark Car accessories either in jayanagar or koramangala this saturday morning at around 10:30 sharp. if you go to koramangala, talk to ashok surana, and tell him i sent you there. ask him to install the philips 90/100 lamps for your swift, it costs 900, and he ll do it in about ten mins! enjoy
Old 5th July 2007, 20:47   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
kuttapan, please head straight to Konark Car accessories either in jayanagar or koramangala this saturday morning at around 10:30 sharp. if you go to koramangala, talk to ashok surana, and tell him i sent you there. ask him to install the philips 90/100 lamps for your swift, it costs 900, and he ll do it in about ten mins! enjoy
And please get the appropriate relays installed as well or you'll fry your electricals.
Old 5th July 2007, 20:53   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
And please get the appropriate relays installed as well or you'll fry your electricals.
Rs. 900 should include the relays as well, right Geeksrik?

100/90 Philips Rally costs around 150 only.
Old 5th July 2007, 21:43   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Rs. 900 should include the relays as well, right Geeksrik?

100/90 Philips Rally costs around 150 only.
200 for the bulbs and 600 for the relay and installation = 900 IMHO, thats what i was charged for.
Old 5th July 2007, 22:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
200 for the bulbs and 600 for the relay and installation = 900 IMHO, thats what i was charged for.

and i always thought that 200 + 600 = 800. My my , how the world has changed !!
Old 6th July 2007, 08:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
and i always thought that 200 + 600 = 800. My my , how the world has changed !!
Haha ha, nice observation John...

BTW, I did my installation in Surakshaa, entire stuff took me about 800 rupees a year back...
Phillips Rally bulbs cost Rs 150 each....

Abhi
Old 6th July 2007, 08:49   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
OT:
Say, could I install those lamps and relays on my M800? I need to correct some alignment problems with the headlights as well. Its a major pain at nights with those poor lights. And there is hardly any different between high and low beam.

Btw, the bulbs that you are talking about, does it include both the high and low beam or only one? Which reminds me, I've never really looked at the bulbs on a car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks