Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 22:22   #1921
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Hey Naveen,

how come you got a clutch overhaul done for free? left shock might be you got it free because of your warranty on the car.
Old 4th June 2011, 09:15   #1922
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
Hey Naveen,

how come you got a clutch overhaul done for free? left shock might be you got it free because of your warranty on the car.
I had some problem with the clutch after changing some parts last time. Since the problem wasnt rectified, they said they would check this.

Yes, left shocks will be replaced for free since my car is under extended warranty.
Old 6th June 2011, 11:58   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Gave the car for 25k service. A bit expensive one. Here are the details:

Parts
1) Hose - 51.84 (2 Nos)
2) Blade Assy, Wiper - 419.46
3) Support Comp Front Strut - 165.18 (2 Nos)

Labor
1) Paid Service - 800
2) Brakes Overhaul (Complete) - 480
3) Front Strut Both side R&R - 450
4) Front Suspension Arm both side R&R - 320
5) Front Stabilizer Bar R&R - 320
6) Consumables - 120

Total - 3500/-

Freebies
1) Front left shocks - Had to replace them (waiting for new sets)
2) AC checkup. AC works really well now
3) Clutch overhaul
4) Water wash (the usual result)
@Naveen,
I am not really surprised with the service cost. I have a feeling that MASS service costs are steadily going up. Did you change the engine oil?
Old 6th June 2011, 12:52   #1924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
@Naveen,
I am not really surprised with the service cost. I have a feeling that MASS service costs are steadily going up. Did you change the engine oil?
Ya. I know. I expected this. Planning to give my car to Mustang Motors after my extended warranty is expired. Of this 3500, 2700 is for labor. That's a cut throat price. The only reason I gave here was to check my shocks (which are not doing well now thanks to few outstation trips and roads of interior cochin). Thankfully, getting them replaced on Wed under warranty. The clutch problem isnt rectified. Only when the whole clutch is dis engaged, the car moves (I mean, the action is visible when its fully released). I hope you got my point. U know the reason why? Do I need to change the cable? I asked them to check this and they said they didnt find any problem. Called them today and they said they would rectify it on Wed.
Old 6th June 2011, 14:32   #1925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Ya. I know. I expected this. Planning to give my car to Mustang Motors after my extended warranty is expired. Of this 3500, 2700 is for labor. That's a cut throat price. The only reason I gave here was to check my shocks (which are not doing well now thanks to few outstation trips and roads of interior cochin). Thankfully, getting them replaced on Wed under warranty. The clutch problem isnt rectified. Only when the whole clutch is dis engaged, the car moves (I mean, the action is visible when its fully released). I hope you got my point. U know the reason why? Do I need to change the cable? I asked them to check this and they said they didnt find any problem. Called them today and they said they would rectify it on Wed.
MASS will not find any problems unless you pinpoint it

Every time I take the car to MASS to fix one problem, they will return the car with either the same problem or a new one. They are more interested in customer feedback than reparing the car.

I got your point on the Clutch issue but I have no idea why this is happening. May be the guru's here can clarify.
DieselLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 16:22   #1926
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
MASS will not find any problems unless you pinpoint it

Every time I take the car to MASS to fix one problem, they will return the car with either the same problem or a new one. They are more interested in customer feedback than reparing the car.

I got your point on the Clutch issue but I have no idea why this is happening. May be the guru's here can clarify.
True. They are busy trying to improve their customer feedback. Anyways, lets see if they can sort this issue on Wed, else it's bye bye MASS.
Old 6th June 2011, 17:05   #1927
BHPian

@Naveen,
The extended warranty will be over only in 4yrs (2+2) or 80k Kms right?
Old 6th June 2011, 19:10   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Here, in Chandigarh MASS EGR cleaning charges are around 750rs.

I am facing problem with front tyre wear, the right side tyre has gone bald and I can see the steel wires coming out now.The tyre wear in even and I don't see any uneven tyre wear.I had the wheel rotated on the last service and car has run around 10k since then, meanwhile I got the wheels aligned twice during the 10k mileage. The left has tyre wear as well but not as much as the right side one.The rear tyres are in good shape and all the treads are visible.
These set of tyres has run around 30k km.s. Before going for tyre change I need to know what is the reason for this? What do I need to check?
Should I change the bearing of wheel?Some times I do hear humming sound on tarmac road.Should I change the front two only or full 4 tyre set?
I have uploaded the pictures of tyres, first two are of the front right, next of the front left and last two are of the rears respectively.
Today, My father took the car to local car dealer, he said the RIMs are the culprits it's the wrong up size. The car is on New Honda city 15" rims and I am using 195/60/15. Is it possible that Rim is culprit? Had that been the case, then why the rear tyres should have gone bald as well.
Please suggest, what could be the problem?
@ Air pressure level, all 32psi, sometimes 34 upfront and 32 in the rear.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-img_1690.jpg  

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-img_1691.jpg  

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-img_1692.jpg  

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-img_1693.jpg  

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-img_1694.jpg  

Last edited by Gill : 6th June 2011 at 19:18.
Old 6th June 2011, 20:00   #1929
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Naveen,
The extended warranty will be over only in 4yrs (2+2) or 80k Kms right?
Am not sure on that. I will have to check the papers. I remember him saying that "Anyway Sir, you have one more year left". Anyways, will check on this.
Old 6th June 2011, 20:31   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
I have uploaded the pictures of tyres, first two are of the front right, next of the front left and last two are of the rears respectively.
Today, My father took the car to local car dealer, he said the RIMs are the culprits it's the wrong up size. The car is on New Honda city 15" rims and I am using 195/60/15. Is it possible that Rim is culprit? Had that been the case, then why the rear tyres should have gone bald as well.
Please suggest, what could be the problem?
@ Air pressure level, all 32psi, sometimes 34 upfront and 32 in the rear.
You're right, if it were to be the rims, then all 4 would have been in the same state.

I have the same profile(with alloys) and my tyres have already done 60k and look good to last atleast 20k more.

As a matter of fact, the stepney rim I have is a ANHC rim. Havent used it much but I cant believe that rims can cause such damage.

Last edited by revved_up : 6th June 2011 at 20:33.
Old 6th June 2011, 21:42   #1931
Team-BHP Support

What tyres are those? Make and model? 30k and that kind of wear is really extreme! Did you drive the vehicle on a track day or something?
Old 6th June 2011, 22:10   #1932
BHPian

Jaggu, the tyres are Apollo Acelere. The excessive wear occurred during the last 1000km odd.The steel wires poped out from no where.I need to understand what is cause,before I go in for tyre change.The car has never been pushed, race or track is far off things.
Old 6th June 2011, 22:19   #1933
Team-BHP Support

Woah 30k kms and this is the shape, i think its a bad batch of acelere. Your alignment is out on that tyre and hence wearing out from inside. Should be a toe in-out reading.

But am serious this is serious wear for 30k kms, even the rears!
Old 6th June 2011, 23:06   #1934
BHPian

Any thing to do with ANHC rims? What all should I get checked before new set of tyre?
Old 8th June 2011, 23:21   #1935
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any thing to do with ANHC rims? What all should I get checked before new set of tyre?
Really dont think so its the rims. As i said earlier looks more like a faulty batch of tires. Put new tires and get a wheel alignment done from a reputed shop. Since any other issues are ruled out by MASS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks