Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2018, 11:09   #3016
Team-BHP Support

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
the possible compounding of issues mentioned by Jaggu seemed prophetic as the car kept failing to start every other day. The primary cause was a blown fuse.

Woah! Do tell if you know which fuse was this? The mass did not do a scan on your car? a blown fuse would have popped up immediately
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 11:57   #3017
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Woah! Do tell if you know which fuse was this? The mass did not do a scan on your car? a blown fuse would have popped up immediately
Unfortunately don't know exactly which fuse, except that it was to do with the fuel system. The MASS did do a scan which showed 2 blocked injectors, they tested the injectors to confirm that they were indeed blocked (the car also sounded as if running on less than 4 cylinders, read engine shudder). On replacing the injectors the fuse still blew every other day, so MASS recommended putting in new ECM. It did stop the fuse blowing issue, but by then I had lost confidence in the car.

It's a bit unfortunate for me that a simple problem with a 30 min solution was overlooked and eventually came to selling the car.
varunsangal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 17:31   #3018
BHPian

Observed a strange issue with my VDi. Twice in the last 3 weeks, after 30-45 mins of bumper to bumper ORR traffic all of a sudden the RPM meter needle started showing wrong rpm. Even if I switch off the engine RPM meter stays at a higher RPM, it was not coming to 0. Once it was at 1500rpm when the engine was off. Another time it was at 2800rpm when the engine was off. There is no abnormal noise or rpms observed from engine bay even if the rpm was showing 4000 rpm This was happened while coming back from work so next day when I started driving everything is normal. Have anyone faced similar situation? What could be wrong here?
Old 15th August 2018, 20:09   #3019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Observed a strange issue with my VDi. Twice in the last 3 weeks, after 30-45 mins of bumper to bumper ORR traffic all of a sudden the RPM meter needle started showing wrong rpm. Even if I switch off the engine RPM meter stays at a higher RPM, it was not coming to 0. Once it was at 1500rpm when the engine was off. Another time it was at 2800rpm when the engine was off. There is no abnormal noise or rpms observed from engine bay even if the rpm was showing 4000 rpm This was happened while coming back from work so next day when I started driving everything is normal. Have anyone faced similar situation? What could be wrong here?
Get the instrument cluster checked.
archat68 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 21:45   #3020
BHPian

Re: Digital Clock for Swift VDi?

Can we get after market dashboard 'digital clock' for a 2009 Swift VDi?

If so, could you please let me know where I can get one in B'lore?

Last edited by JMaruru : 13th November 2018 at 21:48.
Old 14th September 2019, 18:22   #3021
BHPian

Re: Highest reading on the odometer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
The current odo reading on my 11 yr old Swift Vxi. I used the car for a lot of highway runs in the initial years and 50k km was done in 2 years and 1lac km in just over 5 years. I've not been using my car that much of late and am wondering whether I should restore it or scrap it considering that the engine is on its last legs. Before anyone wonders how a petrol swift engine could give up so early let me make it clear that this is a result of my constant redlining the engine in the lower gears. Addictive but not without its consequences.
Can you describe how a weak 1.2 k series behaves?
Just wanted to know.
Old 14th September 2019, 21:25   #3022
BHPian

Re: Highest reading on the odometer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
Can you describe how a weak 1.2 k series behaves?
Just wanted to know.
I have the 1.3l G13BB engine so this feedback may not be entirely relevant to you. In my car there is a significant loss of power and for the first time I can hear some valve clatter. Revving the engine makes it sound harsh and strained and does not make the car go significantly faster. There is smoke at high revs and it uses up 1l of engine for every 1500km. This means that I top up over 3l of engine oil every 5k km.
Our petrol i20 which I always found insipid to drive is now faster than the old Swift.
Roy.S is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks