Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2015, 16:36   #2941
Team-BHP Support

re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicangel View Post
So my next question?
- Anymore whopper costs coming my way? Anyone have an idea?
Get your injector health update taken also, heard the first batch of cars had issues of injectors making noise by 1.25 to 1.5 Lakh kms, infact MUL has silently replaced few if they were under extended warranty. That is the only major known thing that come to my mind.

If you keep your car regularly serviced and in shape, should give you another 1 lakh kms without any issues.
Old 19th October 2015, 16:58   #2942
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicangel View Post
Now next on my list is the timing chain replacement - recommended is at 80k kms, injectors cleaning/replacing (engine has gotten quite noisy). All this is kinda going to set me back about Rs 60k odd :(

So my next question?
- Anymore whopper costs coming my way? Anyone have an idea?

What are the other large costs expected with regard to engine & transmission ahead? My car has had oil & filter (fuel & oil) changes at regular intervals all along.

Having clocked 86K, I had a similar noise and when checked with my local mechanic was told that timing chain may need replacement. This being a big work, did not want to risk at the local place and took it to M.A.S.S. Initially they quoted that it would cost ~15k with labour was quite happy but was in a rude shock when I went to take the delivery. The final bill was 19875!

Parts costed 9800 and the labour was rest. It is quite steep that labour costs are as much as parts cost. I was shocked that removing bumper and fixing it back costs 450re and headlamp costs 250! Maruti is just charging each and every minute thing and increasing the bill amount. Though it gives a peace of mind servicing at the authorized dealer, it does ache shelling so much when everyone is praising Maruti for its cheap maintenance as compared to other cars. Wonder how other companies are charging for a similar repair job.
Mafioso is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 20:55   #2943
Team-BHP Support

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
Parts costed 9800 and the labour was rest. It is quite steep that labour costs are as much as parts cost.
Could you share a more detailed split up, would be useful for others. I have a feeling MUL has silently increased labor. Otherwise why would it be so high?!
Old 21st October 2015, 11:26   #2944
BHPian

I have a Swift Vdi ABS, 2008 which has about 120k on the odo. The last service was done at around 117k. The issue is that the mileage has dropped down to 10.5 kmpl post the service from about 14.5 earlier. The traffic conditions and the driver are the same, so is the running.

Have already tried to change filling stations, filling fuel in the morning, but there is no change. The Tyre pressure is maintained at 36(front)/33 (rear)psi.

Are there any other obvious fixes that are missing outside of taking it back to MASS with the complaint?
Old 21st October 2015, 12:22   #2945
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
Are there any other obvious fixes that are missing outside of taking it back to MASS with the complaint?
Check the following:

1) MAF Sensor
2) Turbo charger health,
3) Turbo plumbing must be tight,
4) EGR cleaning and valve functioning
5) Intercooler condition
6) Wheel bearing noise
7) Hope brakes are in good condition and not restricting free movement of the wheels.
Old 21st October 2015, 12:28   #2946
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have a Swift Vdi ABS, 2008 which has about 120k on the odo. The last service was done at around 117k. The issue is that the mileage has dropped down to 10.5 kmpl post the service from about 14.5 earlier. The traffic conditions and the driver are the same, so is the running.
How is the clutch condition? Was it changed in between or do you feel any slippage occurring while driving?
Old 21st October 2015, 14:03   #2947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Could you share a more detailed split up, would be useful for others. I have a feeling MUL has silently increased labor. Otherwise why would it be so high?!
Here are the snapshots of Parts & Service bills. This excluded the oil as I had got them the fully synthetic Shell oil from outside which costed again 2.2k. Entire service expense set me back by 23k!
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-car-parts.jpg  

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-car-service.jpg  

Mafioso is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 16:07   #2948
Team-BHP Support

Thanks, labor indeed seems to have gone up by 50-100 INR for all the small jobs They always had this nice way of splitting the labor into small small things and slowly hiking the cost.
Old 25th October 2015, 07:40   #2949
BHPian

What I do generally is before giving it for service or after, check with them on discounts applicable for service, something like "Was thinking of giving my car for service but, is that discount thing still on" . Generally they give a discount of 10 if not 15% on labor . Another thing I have noticed is for anything outside normal service , say parts to be replaced check what the answer is for "what if I dont replace, what will happen" so if its replace for replacement sake, you'll get a not so convincing answer. I think the service folks have some targets to achieve so they always add stuff like car perfume , car wash , car waxing etc... , if not required by you, these also hike up costs .

Last edited by rpads1 : 25th October 2015 at 07:41. Reason: typos
Old 29th October 2015, 19:41   #2950
BHPian

Quote:
How is the clutch condition? Was it changed in between or do you feel any slippage occurring while driving?
Still running the original clutch. The pressure plate seems a bit weak, the car tends to shudder in first gear when cold, fine thereafter. No issues in any other gear. Pickup also seems fine (unless it has degraded over time and i'm now used to it). The car stalls on releasing clutch in second gear with hand brake pulled.
Old 29th October 2015, 22:15   #2951
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Still running the original clutch. The pressure plate seems a bit weak, the car tends to shudder in first gear when cold, fine thereafter. No issues in any other gear. Pickup also seems fine (unless it has degraded over time and i'm now used to it). The car stalls on releasing clutch in second gear with hand brake pulled.
Ok, now you can check few more things 1) if brakes are sticking 2) if air filters are dirty and 3) any obvious leaks, especially at the fuel filter end. These should rule out the obvious culprits. Still 5 kmpl drop seems quite high.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 08:06   #2952
BHPian

There seems to be minor oil leak around the oil filter even after installing new filter.

Is this normal common issue?
Old 25th December 2015, 08:16   #2953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
There seems to be minor oil leak around the oil filter even after installing new filter.

Is this normal common issue?
Did you install the new rubber seal (O Ring) that you got with the new filter properly? Or there mite be a chance that the seal got cut.
Old 25th April 2016, 11:33   #2954
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Check the following:
Query for my friend : Swift VDi 2007 with 1.35L on ODO.

What is the no. of hoses involved if one were to go for replacement of all of them and what could be the approx cost involved?

Background:
Spotted a leak in the coolant circuit - hose to the EGR cooler(that’s what the service center said) and coolant leaking at the rate of close to half a liter for every 30 km of run. Had a coolant hose replacement (the one to the cabin heater) close to 6 months back and this one is coming up now. Have a feeling that the rubber hoses are giving up one by one and since the coolant circuit is a critical area, plan to change the whole set in one go. The service center says there is a total of 11 hoses to be replaced this way and costs approx 7-8k with labor charges (including EGR valve cleaning as this has to come out anyway – have not done EGR cleaning not even once). Has anyone done this kind of work and got any idea what is the cost involved. Is the number of 11 hoses a correct one or am I being taken for a ride? Considering engine, radiator, cabin heater, oil cooler, EGR cooler, coolant reservoir, water pump can think of not more than 8 hoses that could come up in this circuit.
Quoted last couple of posts to get noticed
Appreciate your inputs please!
Old 25th April 2016, 14:33   #2955
Team-BHP Support

Radiator itself will have couple of hoses, so 11 hoses is a possibility and 7-8k is a reasonable amount i feel. Yes it is a good idea to replace rubber parts like hoses and belts, if they have aged 5-7 years, and planning to keep the car for long.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks