Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2014, 17:20   #2851
Team-BHP Support

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page

You can safely push EGR cleaning to 30k kms. Intercooler cleaning at 20k is a good idea. That reminds me 78k kms, time for a quick service and oil change maybe
Old 3rd October 2014, 18:53   #2852
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page

Sold my swift after exactly 5 yrs and 2 months and 88500kms on odo. An amazing car to own and drive.. My usage pattern and priorities has changed over the years. It was just me and my wife travelling most of the time during the initial years but now with a 3 yr old kid and ageing parents frequently travelling with me, I wanted something bigger and more comfortable. Let the swift go with a heavy heart and booked a Duster.

Special thanks to Jaggu. This thread has inspired me to book a swift back in 2009 even though I was not a member of the forum at that time

Last edited by DieselLover : 3rd October 2014 at 18:54. Reason: edit
DieselLover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 19:00   #2853
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Let the swift go with a heavy heart and booked a Duster.
Congratulating on the Duster!

Wish you many many happy miles on it.

Anurag.
Old 6th October 2014, 13:55   #2854
BHPian

My Swift VDi used to have a 'thud' sound coming from the front suspension while going over humps and other rough surfaces. This has now gone away since the service for 50000 Kms was done recently. Now when I checked the underneath of the car, I find oil smudges on a rod that goes into the gearbox. I dont know the exact name of the part but I think its part of the steering/suspension. I am attaching a picture of the same and would like to know whether it is normal to have oil smudges on this rod in the aftermath of a service.

I want to take it to MASS after understanding the issue, otherwise they might just say it is OK and I am worried I might suffer some serious suspension/steering damage.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-img_20141006.jpg  

Old 6th October 2014, 13:58   #2855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks2010 View Post
My Swift VDi used to have a 'thud' sound coming from the front suspension while going over humps and other rough surfaces. This has now gone away since the service for 50000 Kms was done recently. Now when I checked the underneath of the car, I find oil smudges on a rod that goes into the gearbox. I dont know the exact name of the part but I think its part of the steering/suspension. I am attaching a picture of the same and would like to know whether it is normal to have oil smudges on this rod in the aftermath of a service.

I want to take it to MASS after understanding the issue, otherwise they might just say it is OK and I am worried I might suffer some serious suspension/steering damage.
Its the axle oil seal from what I can understand from your description. Go to any MASS and its an easy half an hour fix, don't delay this for too long as this is the gearbox oil that is leaking. Top it up after fixing the oil seal.

NOTE: I would write this in 500 font if I could, but this is paramount IMPORTANT. Top up the gearbox oil with the RIGHT GRADE ONLY. 75-90 is the right grade and ONLY TOP up with this grade.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 10:52   #2856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Its the axle oil seal from what I can understand from your description. Go to any MASS and its an easy half an hour fix, don't delay this for too long as this is the gearbox oil that is leaking. Top it up after fixing the oil seal.

NOTE: I would write this in 500 font if I could, but this is paramount IMPORTANT. Top up the gearbox oil with the RIGHT GRADE ONLY. 75-90 is the right grade and ONLY TOP up with this grade.

Went to MASS and as I had thought, they couldn't find anything wrong. Am I being too panicky? Has anybody else faced this issue?
Old 7th October 2014, 11:18   #2857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went to MASS and as I had thought, they couldn't find anything wrong. Am I being too panicky? Has anybody else faced this issue?
Okay, can you post a little clearer and a wide view of the affected area ?
Old 8th October 2014, 09:02   #2858
BHPian

I own a RITZ DIESEL 2011 Make, old model, I want to change Engine oil(MGDO15w40), Gear oil(MGGO75w90), coolant(GC) and brake fluid(DOT4) at MASS. What would be the approx. cost for these items only? I plan to do tyre rotation outside as maruti charges a lot for tyre rotation and also plan to overlook brakes greasing as maruti service costs are really high these days. Is 9 point service compulsory for diesel swift?
Old 9th October 2014, 12:47   #2859
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Sold my swift after exactly 5 yrs and 2 months and 88500kms on odo.
============
This thread has inspired me to book a swift back in 2009 even though I was not a member of the forum at that time
Thank you!

And a big congratulations on the new Duster. Do share review also please.

Quote:
My Swift VDi used to have a 'thud' sound coming from the front suspension while going over humps and other rough surfaces..
Can you share better image of the component where you see the oil mark? If its drive shaft area get it attended at the earliest.

Meanwhile i am dilly dallying with the idea of replacing the Swift also, not that she is giving me any trouble but i am revamping my garage. Gypsy is sold and i have bought a Triumph Street Triple. Have few other cars which i can use for longer travel, so planning to replace the Swift with a used Thar which will help me do trails as well as for those rainy days in Bangalore.

Quick update:78,800 kms

Everything is working fine as it should since last service. I also got some injector clean up R&D done using 3M (will update results soon). Infact was excited to do a trip to KL to check out the results. So much so that went ahead and replaced all 4 tyres Yoko A drives with MRF ZLO 185 75 14, came with good recommendation from Nikhil so decided to go with it. Replaced engine oil and while at it gear oil too

The rear dicky door shock thingie had gone bad, so replaced them. Around ~390 a piece. Total bill at Surakha came to about ~2500/- mostly parts. Thanks to Lokesh and his team, i got a quick service appointment and could get all this done over an office break.

Anti Climax was when i had to drop the plan to drive down with a KA car and instead got the KL registered zen for the trip, thanks to potential unrest over KA plates in TN!
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 08:47   #2860
Senior - BHPian

Dear All,

CAR: 2010 SWIFT D

Off late I am hearing a metal rubbing noise, when starting from standstill in 1 gear, just when I slowly release the clutch.
The noise is more prominent in slow moving traffic in second gear, when we engage and disengage the clutch frequently.

The noise is not there always, I am getting this noise only some times.

I am not sure if its a clutch or the brake pad issue.

Please let me know your analysis.

My car is due for 40K service. The current ODO reading is 37009 Kms.

Last edited by F150 : 13th October 2014 at 08:53.
Old 13th October 2014, 10:53   #2861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Dear All,

CAR: 2010 SWIFT D

Off late I am hearing a metal rubbing noise, when starting from standstill in 1 gear, just when I slowly release the clutch.
The noise is more prominent in slow moving traffic in second gear, when we engage and disengage the clutch frequently.

The noise is not there always, I am getting this noise only some times.

I am not sure if its a clutch or the brake pad issue.

Please let me know your analysis.

My car is due for 40K service. The current ODO reading is 37009 Kms.
Hi, I had a similar situation. In my case it was the circlip in the gear box. The gears had come loose. This is a serious issue and could damage your car bad.
Circlip is a clip that holds the gears together on the shaft.

Please have your car checked at the earliest.

It could also be just a stone lodged between the calipers, try coasting a few meters with the clutch pressed and if there is no variation in the sound then it's the brakes.

Hope this helps
Old 15th October 2014, 16:12   #2862
BHPian

I own a 2010 Swift VDi. Today I received a call from my dealer saying that there is a circular from Maruti asking them to check the wiring under the battery of certain cars. Has anybody else received such a call, and can we find this circular on the web?
Old 15th October 2014, 16:16   #2863
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti asking them to check the wiring under the battery of certain cars.
Did not understand what you meant by 'wiring under the battery'. If the recall is official, it will be prominently displayed on the MSIL website. You can check if your vehicle is affected by this recall by entering your vehicle details like VIN. However, if the recall is silent, then you may not find any official communication. Other Swift owners may share if they received any such communication by their advisers.

Regards,
Saket
Old 15th October 2014, 17:22   #2864
Senior - BHPian

It is part of recent recall to check the wiring harness.My car's VIN is not in the recall list.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 17:30   #2865
BHPian

Just now checked http://www.marutisuzuki.com

The following notices are displayed on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-1.jpg  

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-2.jpg  

aks2010 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks