Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2010, 11:52   #1516
BHPian

Eddy I see lots of good feedback about Base Terminal Batteries in T-BHP.
Swift D requires DIN65 battery; but I guess you could go for DIN74 (Higher amp & same size as DIN65).

What I brought was DIN74 Maintainence-free battery (you still have to check every 3-6 months) with first 24 months replacement warranty and next 24 months pro-rata warranty. For Similar make battery of other brands - I was quoted about 1-1.5 k more than BT. I called up BT helpline and they guided me to their dealer and negotiated discounts for me too.
Old 5th October 2010, 12:07   #1517
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Milind. The BT website is not opening in office. Can you please list down the helpline number
Old 5th October 2010, 12:16   #1518
BHPian

Its definitely the battery, many of us here faced the same symptoms,

If these have started recently then its safe to drive around but within the city limits, the service center guys told me that the car can run like this for a week or max 10 days,

I got my battery replaced to a Base Terminal for Rs.6000 and so far its doing good,

I was low on budget and couldnt have bought 8000\- Exide or 9000\- Amaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Around 15 Days back my Swift VDI showed ( did not blink but stayed on after ignition )

1) SVS and The fuel filter warning light ( usually indicates that too much water has accumulated inside the filter) were UP
2) The Car was not starting in first crank ( use to take around 3-4 )
3 ) AC was tripping
today i visited the DD Motors ( Peeragahri ND ) and asked then to have a look
I was told that both 1) , 2) and 3) are due to Weak battery
while i agree that 2) could be result of weak battery( 3.5 Year old ) how can battery cause Fuel filter warning light and AC tripping ?

I have been asked to get a new battery for around 7,500 + and have been assured that it will take care of the issues.

I would request Learned BHPians opinion for these issues

I am thinking of getting my battery replaced outside the service centre . But can i drive out to get this replaced ?
Old 5th October 2010, 12:24   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Thanks Milind. The BT website is not opening in office. Can you please list down the helpline number
PM'ed you the details
Old 5th October 2010, 12:45   #1520
Team-BHP Support

Coincidence or what Snowie's dashboard lit up like christmas tree today morning, so i guess my pocket is gonna go lighter soon.

Base Terminal price looks too inviting.
Old 5th October 2010, 21:09   #1521
Team-BHP Support

Didn't think or hunt much, went with Amron Pro Din74 for 8750, got an exchange discount of 850 for old battery. They had Din 66 but that would require one of the grounding wire to be moved, so didn't bother. Some 1000 odd bucks cheaper FYI. Anyways with the amp and stuff, and less running these days, i didn't mind the additional 9 amps. Home delivered in couple of hours thanks to a friend sharing the contact number of the local chap. The help line guys are yet to respond back lol.

After the change i figured that my battery was indeed on its last legs! Small vapor leak also had sprung up at the negative terminal, since last 1 month i guess. Now the lights are brighter, windows winding faster and cranks super healthy. Have to clear the error code, according to the ECU light. Hope Amron don't trouble me the 60 months coz i intend to keep the car with me, atleast as a second car.

The car i have used most (Km vs Ownership duration wise), but battery which lasted least. This one sure chews up and spits out, lot of battery!
Old 5th October 2010, 21:19   #1522
Team-BHP Support

Did you get some feedback on BT and Bosch ?
Old 5th October 2010, 21:26   #1523
Team-BHP Support

Nope i just browsed the forum, that's all and i didn't have the time or patience to dwell any further. The BT shop has conveniently closed shop and moved away from Koramangala (where my office is), so couldn't check with them either.

On the other hand i did not want to drive a diesel crdi car, with bad battery.

Coming to think of it, I always wanted to try Amaron, with the Ford and Crv i never got to it. So this time i took this expensive indulgence
Old 6th October 2010, 19:12   #1524
BHPian

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid
Around 15 Days back my Swift VDI showed ( did not blink but stayed on after ignition )

1) SVS and The fuel filter warning light ( usually indicates that too much water has accumulated inside the filter) were UP
2) The Car was not starting in first crank ( use to take around 3-4 )
3 ) AC was tripping
today i visited the DD Motors ( Peeragahri ND ) and asked then to have a look
I was told that both 1) , 2) and 3) are due to Weak battery
while i agree that 2) could be result of weak battery( 3.5 Year old ) how can battery cause Fuel filter warning light and AC tripping ?

I have been asked to get a new battery for around 7,500 + and have been assured that it will take care of the issues.
for Issues number 1) and 2) It has been confirmed that i need a new battery , i have got following quotes

Amron Pro Din74 : Rs 7400 ( if i move to 74 Din , will my alternator support this ? )
Amron Din 66 : Rs 6000 ( These includes trade in of old battery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid
3 ) AC was tripping
I have been told that entire Radiator fan assembly would need to be changed as the fan motor has gone .

The estimate has been around 3.5 k to 4 for this . Is this really needed ?
Cant we just replace the fan motor ?
Old 8th October 2010, 12:20   #1525
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Amron Pro Din74 : Rs 7400 ( if i move to 74 Din , will my alternator support this ? )
Amron Din 66 : Rs 6000 ( These includes trade in of old battery)

I have been told that entire Radiator fan assembly would need to be changed as the fan motor has gone .
Am running Din 74, and its working fine. Price seems to be really good, check on data of manufacturing before fitting. Dont go for a battery older than 2-3 months. Din 66 is also ok, but the grounding wire which is connected to the front radiator member will have to be relocated since the length will be short for this battery.

I also had radiator fan conking off at an early stage, but that was covered under warrant. Its a single piece assembly, so you cant replace the motor alone.
Old 8th October 2010, 23:46   #1526
BHPian

Off late, I need to crank the self a little longer then what it use to be.Is it too, a symptom of dieing battery, car is three year old.
Old 9th October 2010, 11:39   #1527
Team-BHP Support

Yes Gill keep an eye out on the dash, if EPS light switches off after a delay when vehicle is started then battery is on its way out.
Old 10th October 2010, 11:38   #1528
BHPian

Hey Jaggu, my Dzire has completed 54,000 km in 23 months. Have been enjoying the ride. 14kmpl when the driver drives in peak Mumbai traffic, 15 kmpl when i drive, 17 kmpl on easy days city traffic, 19-20 kmpl with people on board on highways (i don't baby the DDis). Am considering chaning the air filter to K&N. Is it a good idea? How much does the performance improve by? Does it impact the mileage? How easy is it to maintain it? Cleaning etc? The current paper filter, I clean it myself once in 2000 km (thanks to your DIY), apart from the regular service at every 5000 km.
Old 11th October 2010, 00:30   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
Am considering chaning the air filter to K&N. Is it a good idea? How much does the performance improve by? Does it impact the mileage? How easy is it to maintain it? Cleaning etc? The current paper filter, I clean it myself once in 2000 km (thanks to your DIY), apart from the regular service at every 5000 km.
I would recommend it. I have been using a stock replacement for the last 10k km on my Swift VDi.

Performance wise don't expect a huge boost. Just an increase in responsiveness and the engine becomes smoother at low engine revs. Also an increased pull at higher revs. Felt good to me.

Mileage wise I gained an extra litre.

Cleaning is a bit more work. You do not have to do it every 2000 kms but mine already seems to have picked up a lot of dirt at 10k km. You would need to get the K&N cleaning kit to get the job done. You can put off the cleaning till 15 - 25 k perhaps. K&N dealers also offer to clean the filter for you for around 100 rupees here. You need to check that option with your local dealer. Hang on to your paper filter and use it while the K&N is getting cleaned. Usually a day's job, drying and all. You would not need to replace the filter for the lifetime of the car.

here are the cleaning instructions - K&N Air Filter Cleaning Instructions.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 11th October 2010, 10:55   #1530
BHPian

Help required

My car is now 45K done and inching towards the 3rd birth day. I am planning to go for the 45K service (i change oil/oil filter every 5K) in another 2 days time. I am facing the following issues, and need advice on this

1. A vibration coming from the engine at around 1300-1600RPM. There is no vibration below or above this range, and during this range the entire car gets shakes, and during the acceleration the dash board is vibrates heavily on this range. Similarly during the engine switch off as well the car the shakes very much.

2. My car have ABS and while cranking the car the ABS light comes up for a second and then gets turned off. this is over and above the initial whole check, that is when we insert the key and switch on the car, and just before cranking the whole dash board check lights comes up and then gets turned off. But my issue is that when I crank the engine the ABS light again gets turned on and once the engine is on then this light gets turned off as well.

3. My dash board light (while color) below the RPM meter is also not getting turned on intermittently.

Could you please give your suggestion on these issues?

Regards
Manoj

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks