Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2010, 22:08   #1606
BHPian

How much coolant has to be used in swift deisel? what is the specification for the same?

Can we use any other coolant other than the one available at authorise service stations?

I am asking this, because the service station guys at 20k service just topped the coolant , i guess it was 1 liter topping, because coolant cost came to rs200. i had asked to change the coolant , however the maruti service station was more interested in selling me additives , wheel balancing and all stuff.
Old 25th November 2010, 23:36   #1607
Team-BHP Support

Refer the owners manual for quantity, yes you can use good quality coolant from other reputed brands.
Old 26th November 2010, 15:48   #1608
BANNED

Maruti On road service

Hi

How much do MOS charge in general to visit the car in case of breakdown ?Is it depending on the distance or the repair?

My dads Esteem broke down 2-3 weeks back due to battery problem and MOS came and jump started it,they charged 110 for it.

Again yesterday again it stopped for the same problem and i was charged 150.

Why is differential pricing ? in fact yesterday it was a 1 min job and both time it was about 8 kms from the nearest service station.

Ok now i can hear you people asking me to change the battery,Am doing it today.
Old 27th November 2010, 16:09   #1609
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
hi all,

My swift is due for its 35k km service and few weeks back i had a problem with front left suspension.

when SA inspected he told that it was due to brake calipers which he taped with teflon tape and now its time to rectify it.

In the mean while 3days back my doggy was tied near my car and he scratched all over the bonnet with his nails.

Any idea how much will painting bonnet and repairing the caliper will cost.

Am also thinking of either upgrading my tyre to 185 from 175 or upgrade my brake pads to hawk or some other good ones for effective braking

please suggest
I left my swift for 35k service and the result is Rs 5050 bill

SA told me that brake pads and disc needs to be replaced as pads were worn out and made a deep lining in the disc.

In fact i reminded the SA during the 25k and 30k service on the brake pads and he was the one who said it was fine and not to be changed.

Now is this the carelessness of SA or myself?
Old 27th November 2010, 16:13   #1610
Team-BHP Support

Just see if the disc can be trued out in a lathe, that should be enough. Pads you will have to replace.
Old 28th November 2010, 13:14   #1611
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Just see if the disc can be trued out in a lathe, that should be enough. Pads you will have to replace.
I dont know why , SA told me that even if thats done it wont be perfect but after my personal review on the disc i feel that its not necessary for change.

Now am getting shock after shock.i forgot to take the iphone from the car which i was using as ipod and thats missing ,i already complained to SA but i will know the status only on monday.

My gutfeel is that i wont get it,why will a thief reveal himself

I am going thru a BAD time i guess
Old 1st December 2010, 14:50   #1612
BHPian

A noise is coming from front left side of the car; in last service I had brake caliper pins replaced to eliminate the noise. In earlier services, MASS use to grease the pin and put it back, then again after 1500 km the noise use to come up.
Now again I can hear the noise, It feels and sounds like something is loose. Same noise as it used to be. It comes on unleveled road or very small pot holes. There is no such sound/noise, if car hits a bigger pot hole.
Is Brake caliper pin again at fault?
Old 1st December 2010, 14:59   #1613
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
A noise is coming from front left side of the car; in last service I had brake caliper pins replaced to eliminate the noise. In earlier services, MASS use to grease the pin and put it back, then again after 1500 km the noise use to come up.
Now again I can hear the noise, It feels and sounds like something is loose. Same noise as it used to be. It comes on unleveled road or very small pot holes. There is no such sound/noise, if car hits a bigger pot hole.
Is Brake caliper pin again at fault?
Yes it is the brake caliper pin,ask them to give it to lathe and get it done

Thats what my SA did and as of now it is fine
Old 1st December 2010, 15:10   #1614
BHPian

@joshguy, I replaced the brake caliper pins on 60k service and now oddo stands at 61.8k. New pins should last longer than that.
Can you give a bit of detail regarding the lathe job, as to what needs to be done?
Old 2nd December 2010, 22:08   #1615
BANNED

Quote:
@joshguy, I replaced the brake caliper pins on 60k service and now oddo stands at 61.8k. New pins should last longer than that.
Can you give a bit of detail regarding the lathe job, as to what needs to be done?
the noise should not come within 2k kms so please take it to MASS and get it checked .

They correct the worn out caliper in the lathe,i guess by adding a layer to it,not sure
Old 3rd December 2010, 08:53   #1616
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pins normally don't help. You need to get the caliper repaired at the lathe or buy new. At the lathe they add a layer so that the pins aren't lose anymore.
Old 3rd December 2010, 23:12   #1617
BHPian

Thanks for the information,will get it checked on 65k service!Any idea about the cost involved in lathe repair?I guess caliper, to be costly,as the pins itself costed around 175/.
Old 4th December 2010, 00:11   #1618
Team-BHP Support

They can add a thin metal shim to keep this in control, used to be the norm with MUL in old times. But i cant figure out why this is a constant issue with all MUL vehicles?! My ford or the hondas never had this issue.
Old 4th December 2010, 20:00   #1619
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information,will get it checked on 65k service!Any idea about the cost involved in lathe repair?I guess caliper, to be costly,as the pins itself costed around 175/.
Lathe was inexpensive, got it done for my Alto, Only in hundreds.

My wagonR also has this problem! never got down to fixing it though. The calipers for wagonR cost about 2800-3000 for a set. I'm guessing these would also require new brake-shoes.

This happens, because of jerky braking which is easy to do in these booster equipped cars. M800s never had this problem.

And it's not just MUL cars, I've seen others have it, but yes it seems this is more common in Marutis.
Old 18th December 2010, 11:31   #1620
BHPian

30K KM Service

Today morning went to do 30K KM servicing at RNS, Hosur road. My regular SA was on leave and get hold of another guy. While he is filling JC, insist him to do EGR cleaning. His reply was, it is not required at 30K and they recently did for another car only at 90K.(according to him, it is only required when a warning light appears) When I refused to give car with out that job done, he pushed the delivery to Monday after noon.

As I need the car Monday morning he suggested another SA, his batch is working on Sunday and thus left with him.

But his estimate for EGR cleaning is 2500!, the highest of everything I have seen in team-bhp so far. Also labor for paid service is 950(I have seen Rs. 600 at some other place). So total comes around 5K, servicing are getting dearer now a days.

Will update the details once its delivered tomorrow.

Last edited by rajswiftvdi : 18th December 2010 at 11:33. Reason: Changed Title

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks