Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2011, 22:36   #1666
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II-46,000 kms Update Pag

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
have been cases of swift diesel drinking more oil than recommended.
I sometimes noticed that, even though oil level is on max line soon after oil change, after some KMs(say around 560 highway run) level increases. What is happening here then?

has my engine became another "akshaya pathra"
Old 11th January 2011, 23:11   #1667
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II-46,000 kms Update Pag

Quote:
MikilBhatkar, A couple of queries:
1. Any reason for the engine flush at 20K?
2. Why was the air filter was not changed as it is supposed to be changed every 20K and generally a clogged air filter is one of the reasons for people to miss the turbo whoosh.
1. The SA recommended changing this along with the oil change.
2. I did ask why isnt it changed, they said that it would be replaced at 40k. Btw, I am planning to replace it myself. Can anyone point me where could I get Maruti approved air filter in Mumbai ?

I am planning to check the oil level. Should it be checked before starting off for the day or can it be checked after the car has been run for around 24 kms?
Old 12th January 2011, 01:12   #1668
Team-BHP Support

Airf ilter you can buy from any reputed MASS and replace there or on your own under 10 mts. Definite replacement at 20k kms, make a note and inform the service next time so that they dont refer to the CRM and do a replacement.
Old 12th January 2011, 08:50   #1669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Goandude, can you pls share your breakup as it is surely on the higher side. Till date all my services have been done at Vitesse but it has never gone beyond 5.5K
Parts:-m Air filter 230, Diesel filter 1070, oil filter 334, oil drain plug 56, coolant non aamine 3 L 626, Brake fluid 500 ml 275, grease caliper assembly 48, consumable 180, engine oil 3.1 L 744, suzuki gear oil 2.5L 836,

Labour:- Paid service 1000, ECU remove and refit 150 (done to replace the diesel filter), disc brake clean 512, caliper pin grease 522, drum brake clean 512, brake bled 391, radiator flush 325,

Taxes:- 907

Total 8718.

My complaints were mailnly related to weak brakes thus most of the added expenses were for brake cleaning.

However, even after this the brakes were not good and thus my booster was changes under warranty and I didn't have to pay anything for that
Old 12th January 2011, 09:47   #1670
Distinguished - BHPian

Overcharged ? Why pay for ECU refit if you havent asked for it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Labour:-
Paid service 1000,
ECU remove and refit 150 (done to replace the diesel filter),
1. Diesel oil filter replacement is a routine thing, and access to this is normally not a problem. So the basic question I have is - Is it necessary to remove the ECU to reach the oil filter ?

2. if it really was necessary, then the blame should go to Maruti. You should be charged for ECU remove/re-fit only if you had asked for it.

Last edited by condor : 12th January 2011 at 09:49.
Old 12th January 2011, 09:52   #1671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Parts:-m Air filter 230, Diesel filter 1070, oil filter 334, oil drain plug 56, coolant non aamine 3 L 626, Brake fluid 500 ml 275, grease caliper assembly 48, consumable 180, engine oil 3.1 L 744, suzuki gear oil 2.5L 836,

Labour:- Paid service 1000, ECU remove and refit 150 (done to replace the diesel filter), disc brake clean 512, caliper pin grease 522, drum brake clean 512, brake bled 391, radiator flush 325,

Total 8718.
you have paid at least 3K more. The dealer has taken the complete booster cost in the labour he has charged extra.

ECUr remove+refit = 0 rs. part of service cost.
service itself - should be atleast 100 rs. lesser
disk brake clean, caliper grease drum brake clean, brake bled =150Rs. you have been chaged too much here at least 1800 more than what is a fair rate.
radiator flush -should be part of service . he has charged 300 rs extra here.
consumables - At least 100 rs. extra.
Old 12th January 2011, 10:20   #1672
BHPian

I missed telling you guys about an incident during the 20k service. For oil change I had asked them to change the oil in my presence, accordingly the SA called me up when the rest of the work was done and oil change was about to be done.

We had ordered 4 litre Mobil1 5w-40 can. He took me to the bay where the mechanic was draining the old oil, after this the mechanic opened up the 4litre can and started pouring in the oil without measuring it, I stopped that guy and called up the SA. When the SA asked the mechanic if he had measured the oil, he replied, "I will use the dip stick to measure the level of the oil, and stop when the level reaches the max limit on the dip stick". I was shocked to hear that ! The SA then realised the goof up, and then tried to cover up. He then got a measuring can, removed 900 ml from the can and then poured the rest of the oil in the car

I am now sure these guys have never used the measuring can to fill in oil.

I really hope that the can had exactly 4 litre of oil !

Should I drain the oil again, measure and refill ?
Old 12th January 2011, 10:31   #1673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
you have paid at least 3K more. The dealer has taken the complete booster cost in the labour he has charged extra.

ECUr remove+refit = 0 rs. part of service cost.
service itself - should be atleast 100 rs. lesser
disk brake clean, caliper grease drum brake clean, brake bled =150Rs. you have been chaged too much here at least 1800 more than what is a fair rate.
radiator flush -should be part of service . he has charged 300 rs extra here.
consumables - At least 100 rs. extra.
AFAIK the rates for each item of labour is specified by Maruti and the accounts guy just looks it up from the rate card. I too was surprised by the amount of the bill
Old 12th January 2011, 11:26   #1674
Team-BHP Support

I have never been charged for diesel filter change, this is included in the general service bill. ECU sits on top away from filter and only battery needs to be removed to get access to filter.
Old 12th January 2011, 11:54   #1675
VMC
BHPian

Amaraon DIN74 is now priced at 9242 with 30+30 months warranty.
The existing old battery will fetch some 500-650 depending on the make.
Old 12th January 2011, 12:12   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajswiftvdi View Post
I sometimes noticed that, even though oil level is on max line soon after oil change, after some KMs(say around 560 highway run) level increases. What is happening here then?

has my engine became another "akshaya pathra"
Pls do monitor the oil regularly.
Do note that oil level should be checked when the engine is cold i.e. the best way to test is in the morning as the engine would be completely cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
1. The SA recommended changing this along with the oil change.
2. I did ask why isnt it changed, they said that it would be replaced at 40k. Btw, I am planning to replace it myself. Can anyone point me where could I get Maruti approved air filter in Mumbai ?

I am planning to check the oil level. Should it be checked before starting off for the day or can it be checked after the car has been run for around 24 kms?
Yup, do monitor the same every morning when the engine is cold. Don't check it after driving for some distance as that will not give a proper reading.
You should be able to get the same from any MASS and changing should not take more than 5-10 min.

Quote:

Total 8718.

My complaints were mailnly related to weak brakes thus most of the added expenses were for brake cleaning.

However, even after this the brakes were not good and thus my booster was changes under warranty and I didn't have to pay anything for that
GD: I believe you have been overcharged as I have never seen the ECU remove and refit piece in my bill. Do take that up with the Vitesse.
Good to see that the booster was replaced in warranty but if that was done earlier, you would have saved approx 1350 that was spent in cleaning and bleeding of brakes. Do check with Vitesse on that piece too. BTW noticed any diff with the new booster?

Quote:
I missed telling you guys about an incident during the 20k service. For oil change I had asked them to change the oil in my presence, accordingly the SA called me up when the rest of the work was done and oil change was about to be done.

We had ordered 4 litre Mobil1 5w-40 can. He took me to the bay where the mechanic was draining the old oil, after this the mechanic opened up the 4litre can and started pouring in the oil without measuring it, I stopped that guy and called up the SA. When the SA asked the mechanic if he had measured the oil, he replied, "I will use the dip stick to measure the level of the oil, and stop when the level reaches the max limit on the dip stick". I was shocked to hear that ! The SA then realised the goof up, and then tried to cover up. He then got a measuring can, removed 900 ml from the can and then poured the rest of the oil in the car

I am now sure these guys have never used the measuring can to fill in oil.

I really hope that the can had exactly 4 litre of oil !

Should I drain the oil again, measure and refill ?
I dont believe you have to drain and refill. Just check the oil level on a couple of days in the morning and if it is between max and min, you should be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I have never been charged for diesel filter change, this is included in the general service bill. ECU sits on top away from filter and only battery needs to be removed to get access to filter.
+1 to that. Never saw that in my bill.

Last edited by f1fan : 12th January 2011 at 12:22.
Old 16th January 2011, 11:34   #1677
BHPian

I checked the oil level this morning. It was higher than the max level.

What can oil overfill cause ? Should I drain and refill now ?
Old 16th January 2011, 11:42   #1678
Team-BHP Support

Overfill is dangerous for the turbo seals I think. I hope you checked it on first thing without starting.
Old 16th January 2011, 12:01   #1679
BHPian

Yes I did check it before starting the engine in the morning.
Old 18th January 2011, 22:50   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
I checked the oil level this morning. It was higher than the max level.

What can oil overfill cause ? Should I drain and refill now ?
I would suggest double checking the same once again and if it is more than max, then drain some oil. We all know that additional oil moves to the intercooler and affects the turbo too.

Do take it back to MASS and show it to them and get that info registered in your vehicle history so that issue (if any) linked to that in the future can the taken care of in warranty. BTW which MASS was this?

Last edited by f1fan : 18th January 2011 at 22:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks