Old 17th November 2010, 15:32   #1576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Hi Guys,

I just dropped my car for the 90K service. Here is the list of jobs to be done

1. Replace suspension struts
2. EGR cleaning
3. Clutch Replacement (FE has dropped and frequent judder)
4. Regular fluid replacement

Please do comment if there is something specific that needs to be checked/fixed.

I'll post the details once I have the car back
hi anshu,
egr cleaning and fluid replacement is alright but wasnt the supsension strut and clutch plate replacement a bit on the earlier side?
both of them on mine lasted about 1.68 lac kilometers. infact that was the first time the suspension and the clutch plates were ever touched.
just curious to know.
Old 17th November 2010, 17:26   #1577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hmm i think oil consumption is on the higher side, atleast compared to my car, One area you can check is the intercooler, ask them to open and check. Slight dampness is normal, but if its really wet and dripping then the turbo needs to be checked.
Hi Jaggu,

Filled up 3.1 lit engine oil @ 14629 km now @ 16300 km this the oil level.
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-dipstick.jpg
Earlier filled up @ 10000 km, then checked level @ 14400 km, oil level was below minimum, actually there was no sign of oil in the dipstick.

Yesterday I checked the intercooler visually from out side, no sign of oil, as dry as radiator. Keep your suggestion in mind. Will watch the oil level for few hunderd kms more and then decide! In the mean time following the progress of Mevtec's car.

thanks,
Old 17th November 2010, 17:43   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Huh what kind of vibration?? How did they arrive at the conclusion of strut?

Check all the bushes etc, struts dont fail that easily. Maybe a bush kit overhaul of the strut is enough.
Hi Jaggu, we need to yet arrive at a conclusion, it could be He meant replacing the bushes. I'll be visiting them tomorrow to check it out.

The Judder in clutch has disappeared now(last 2 days) but fuel economy and pickup has dropped. We suspect the clutch to be in final stages.
Old 17th November 2010, 18:35   #1579
BHPian

Just back from the service Station, it's the bush kit that needs to be replaced, however there is a shortage and suspension work will be kept on hold.
Old 17th November 2010, 18:46   #1580
Team-BHP Support

Did they give you an estimate ?
Old 17th November 2010, 19:05   #1581
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Yesterday I checked the intercooler visually from out side, no sign of oil, as dry as radiator. Keep your suggestion in mind. Will watch the oil level for few hunderd kms more and then decide! In the mean time following the progress of Mevtec's car.

thanks,
You have to open and check the intercooler, it will no leak outside unless there is a faulty plumbing. Again please note that there will be slight dampness, thats normal only if its dripping wet it is a cause of concern.

Monitor the level for another 1000 kms but i still think the dip is not normal.

Quote:
Just back from the service Station, it's the bush kit that needs to be replaced, however there is a shortage and suspension work will be kept on hold.
Its a minor job that can be done in half a days time. So dont bother much.
Old 17th November 2010, 19:09   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Did they give you an estimate ?
The entire estimate is about 11K i suspect it to be more
Old 18th November 2010, 11:06   #1583
BHPian

Yes the oil will show in the coolent--

Whoevers got this problem--

just take a stick, wrap a layer of cloth around it,
open the cooler reservoir cap ( white Plastic vessel next to the battery-- not the one on the other side- thats for the windscreen washer) Dip the stick into the reservoir, to the bottom- swirl it a bit, take it out---- if there is even a slight trace of greyish or black sludge---- your oil is in the coolent!!!

If this is the case---- just make sure that MASS-or anyone else, don't touch the cylinder head without firs't tackling the oil cooler issue!!-- for what it's worth thats my recommendation: 5000rs for a new cooler is a far better risk than a new engine!!!
Old 19th November 2010, 09:30   #1584
BHPian

So far done 2171 km after oil change and this is the level of oil now.
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-dipstick2.jpg

As per Kulvinder's advice checked the coolent also - level is ok, no trace of oil detected.
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-coolant.jpg
Old 19th November 2010, 11:11   #1585
Team-BHP Support

So logical step is to get the presence of oil inside intercooler checked.
Old 19th November 2010, 11:48   #1586
BHPian

After warming up the car fully-- Preferably after a decent drive:

Put the heater on fully- and see if the heating is deteriorated- and also a smell of fumes.

Look at the coolent temperature gauge- it should be settled just below absolutely horizontal. If it is at horizontal or above then there is enough oil in the coolent to start compromising the circuit

basically- my feeling is that you havn't yet lost enough oil for it to show up.

Firs't the oil settles into the heater matrix and the firs't coolent circuit. After it's gummed these up it starts to get into the second circuit- i.e. the "open Thermostat" circuit where it then starts showing up in the reservoir and radiator.

Keep monitoring the above: put the heater on from time to time- and make sure that when you check the coolent reservoir the stick should go all the way to the bottom and give it a good swirl around the sides of the reservoir- thats where the oil initially sticks.
Old 19th November 2010, 12:16   #1587
BHPian

The intercooler can be misleading-- on this engine the crankcase ventilation device feeds all the oil and diesel fumes into the intercooler to inlet pipe. while the engine is running the fumes only go one way ie. into the inlet. When its switched office the remnents of fume go the other way into the intercooler ( a temporary vacuum forms- sucking them in) it's therefore normal for the intercooler to have quite a lot of oily residue inside.

If the turbo seal is suspected- it's better to simply take off the outlet pipe (it's only held on with screw clips)-- poke a finger around the Turbo outlet and see if there is any oil-- only a minute amount of the fume residue reaches this far.
Old 19th November 2010, 19:45   #1588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulvinder singh View Post
Look at the coolent temperature gauge- it should be settled just below absolutely horizontal. If it is at horizontal or above then there is enough oil in the coolent to start compromising the circuit.
Thanks for the suggestions. Actually, my car has a diagnostic tool (ScanGauge II) fitted. Thus, I can monitor the water temp., turbo boost etc. in real time. In Ritz, water temp. generally goes up and settle around 85 degree C in normal condition, in bumper-to-bumper traffic some times it reaches upto 90 degree C, but in open stretch it again comes back to 85. I guess this is normal. In stand still boost is 0.0 (i.e. manifold pressure - atmospheric pressure), below 2000 rpm boost develops around 7-8 kPA, but once it reaches above 2000 rpm (I can monitor RPM also in the ScanGauge II) it suddenly gives a punch of 17-19 kPA.

Thus, I think cooling system and turbo is working fine. Tomorrow I'll check the other parameters that you have suggested.
Old 19th November 2010, 20:25   #1589
BHPian

90K Kms Service Bill

Hi Guys,

Just got my car, feels so much better. Clutch feels a little softer and gear shift feels awesome.

Details of Spares :
Disc Comp, Clutch : 1628.44
Cover Assy, Clutch: 1116.44
Gasket, EGR Cooler: 0016.89
Gasket, EGR Valve Ass: 0015.11
Brake Fluid: 0137.78
Eng Oil:0618.69
Element Oil Filter: 334.22
Joint Comt, FR Stabili: 809.30
Gasket, Oil Drain 0008
Total: 4848.87(Haven't included weights and other minor costs)
VAT: 606.12

Labour:
Paid Service: 600
Caliper Greasing: 100
Wheel Balancing: 200
Clutch Overhaul: 1200
Brakes Cleaning: 150
Ends Replaced: 100
EGR Service; 400
Total: 2750

Total Bill: 8488

Note: Rear brake drums and liners due for replacement and strut bush kit.
Old 19th November 2010, 20:53   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Just got my car, feels so much better. Clutch feels a little softer and gear shift feels awesome.

Details of Spares :
Disc Comp, Clutch : 1628.44
Cover Assy, Clutch: 1116.44
Gasket, EGR Cooler: 0016.89
Gasket, EGR Valve Ass: 0015.11

Brake Fluid: 0137.78
Eng Oil:0618.69
Element Oil Filter: 334.22
Joint Comt, FR Stabili: 809.30
Gasket, Oil Drain 0008
Total: 4848.87(Haven't included weights and other minor costs)
VAT: 606.12

Labour:
Paid Service: 600
Caliper Greasing: 100
Wheel Balancing: 200
Clutch Overhaul: 1200
Brakes Cleaning: 150
Ends Replaced: 100
EGR Service; 400
Total: 2750

Total Bill: 8488

Note: Rear brake drums and liners due for replacement and strut bush kit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Guys,
Did the EGR cleaning on my DZire VDi when the same went for 30K servicing on Saturday.
Following is the breakup of EGR Cleaning as exactly mentioned in my bill:

Turbo Charger Assy - 335
Other - Valve Mechanism - 650

f1fan
With respect to EGR services above, I am unable to figure out why the difference between 2, any idea guys?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks