Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2011, 23:33   #1681
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II-46,000 kms Update Pag

I have checked it couple of times. Will try to get the oil drained, or will take it to MASS.

The MASS was FortPoint, Cotton Green
Old 19th January 2011, 14:02   #1682
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II-46,000 kms Update Pag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
I have checked it couple of times. Will try to get the oil drained, or will take it to MASS.

The MASS was FortPoint, Cotton Green
If you have the time, I would suggest that you take the car to FortPoint, have them open a job card to fix this as they might do it without opening one.
This way, you will have proof about the overfill and that would help in the future if something comes up bcos of that.
Old 19th January 2011, 15:10   #1683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajswiftvdi View Post
I sometimes noticed that, even though oil level is on max line soon after oil change, after some KMs(say around 560 highway run) level increases. What is happening here then?

has my engine became another "akshaya pathra"
Three reasons I can attribute to this phenomenon -

1. engine temp not same (read Ambient) in two checks
2. car not parked flat. inclination difference.
3. Oil in Intercooler flowing back to the oil sump (Very remote but possible).
Old 19th January 2011, 15:15   #1684
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
T
3. Oil in Intercooler flowing back to the oil sump (Very remote but possible).
Not possible as far as i know, there is not connection to retrieve this oil back into engine sump.
Old 19th January 2011, 15:26   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Not possible as far as i know, there is not connection to retrieve this oil back into engine sump.
In the normal course no but in the normal course the oil shouldn't even go to Intercooler in the first place. hence IMO there is a possibility of oil getting back from intercooler to Sump (However remote it may be).
Old 19th January 2011, 15:28   #1686
Team-BHP Support

Oil seeps into intercooler if the turbo oil seal is bust. Bearing is an oil cooled one so oil passes through it for lubrication and cooling. There is no way in which oil can go back the same route. So even in abnormal condition it should not happen.
Old 19th January 2011, 23:35   #1687
BHPian

Well after 560 kms of highway run- or even 10 kms of normal run--- the oil has become pretty hot!!!--- Basic physics- gentlemen, Everything expands when its heated--- so the same volume of oil when cold will occupy a greater volume when hot- nes't pas!!
Old 20th January 2011, 00:02   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulvinder singh View Post
Well after 560 kms of highway run- or even 10 kms of normal run--- the oil has become pretty hot!!!--- Basic physics- gentlemen, Everything expands when its heated--- so the same volume of oil when cold will occupy a greater volume when hot- nes't pas!!
Just to correct it, checked oil level after car has ran about 560. That doesnt meant checked when engine was hot. I do check level very first in the morning.

When I see few posts, it remembered an instance when I had lack of turbo boost(I do clean air filter every 2.5k KMs). Checked with MASS and SA reported to have saying - "dirt\oil found in intercooler and cleaned it". After that turbo back to normal.

I do not have any other issues with performance now, anyway planning to have the oil level checked with MASS(and drain if required) sometime soon.

Thanks!.
Old 23rd January 2011, 12:19   #1689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
If you have the time, I would suggest that you take the car to FortPoint, have them open a job card to fix this as they might do it without opening one.
This way, you will have proof about the overfill and that would help in the future if something comes up bcos of that.

Just back from the MASS. The SA checked the oil and then did a test drive. Then the mechanic opened the intercooler pipe, and found oil deposits. So the oil filling goof-up that the mechanic did at the 20k service seems to have caused an overfill.

He has kept the car for repairs now, will get it back in few hours.

Thanks a ton to TeamBHP for all the information !
Old 30th January 2011, 20:50   #1690
BHPian

I had an annoying sound coming from the blower, it sounded like the bearing of the blower was going bad. Then I went through Jaggu's DIY Pictorial of cleaning the Fan Blower and found some leaves. Problem solved afterremoving the leaves and cleaning the fan.
Thanks Jaggu , You made my day.

Swift VXI
Old 31st January 2011, 18:45   #1691
BHPian

After cleaning up the intercooler the turbo was back, until I filled in fuel from another fuel station. The car seems to be dragging now. Previously at 2k rpm, the car used to reach 20-40-60-80... kmph, but now at same rpm the speed is less by 5 to 10 kmph.

I did check the air filter, intercooler pipe, all seems to be fine. Could it be the fuel or anything else ?
Old 31st January 2011, 19:02   #1692
Team-BHP Support

Could be fuel, also do ensure that you do these checks on the same road at same time of the day. Road condition and weather conditions does play havoc, with what we term as butt dyno.
Old 31st January 2011, 19:12   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Could be fuel, also do ensure that you do these checks on the same road at same time of the day. Road condition and weather conditions does play havoc, with what we term as butt dyno.
I have been noticing this since last 5 days on similar road conditions and time of day, btw I filled from a COCO pump.
Old 31st January 2011, 19:22   #1694
BHPian

I have noticed this since the last 5-6 days, on my way to office and back. So same road conditions and time of the day.

Btw, I filled up from a COCO fuel station.

Any clue ?
Old 31st January 2011, 21:21   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
I have noticed this since the last 5-6 days, on my way to office and back. So same road conditions and time of the day.

Btw, I filled up from a COCO fuel station.

Any clue ?
Couple of queries:
1. Did the knocking start after filling in fuel from the COCO or was it before that too and
2. Is this a new place that you have filled fuel or your normal place?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks