Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2011, 21:34   #1696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Couple of queries:
1. Did the knocking start after filling in fuel from the COCO or was it before that too and

2. Is this a new place that you have filled fuel or your normal place?
This is a new place which I tried.I had never had such bad response from the car.
I had around 1/4 fuel in tank and then did a tank full at this pump, I started feeling the drag after a day. It became more evident after 2 days.
Old 31st January 2011, 21:40   #1697
BHPian

The response is poor especially at lower rpms.
Old 31st January 2011, 22:18   #1698
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II-46,000 kms Update Pag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
This is a new place which I tried.I had never had such bad response from the car.
I had around 1/4 fuel in tank and then did a tank full at this pump, I started feeling the drag after a day. It became more evident after 2 days.
I feel that it is the fuel.
First day you didn't notice because the fuel was the previous filled one being used. From day two it was more of the new fuel that was running through the system.
Just wait for a few days and once you are upto half a tank, fill fuel from a reliable pump and you should see some better results.
BTW which is this COCO in Mumbai?
Old 1st February 2011, 14:26   #1699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
BTW which is this COCO in Mumbai?
The IOC pump before breach candy garden on warden road.
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:01   #1700
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II-46,000 kms Update Pag

I refilled yesterday from the regular fuel station. The car is back to normal now, will check for the next few days.

Mikil
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:29   #1701
Team-BHP Support

Glad to know that, hope the fuel level was at least 1/4 or below? If not next time wait for the level to go down before you refill.
Old 4th February 2011, 00:31   #1702
BHPian

Yes the fuel level was less than 1/4 when I refilled.
Old 7th February 2011, 13:18   #1703
Senior - BHPian

@Jaggu and other Swift long time owners:-

When i turn the steering wheel all the way to the right or all the way to the left and move very slowly i hear a "tuk tuk tuk" kind of noise. Feels like the axle/driveshaft has some problem. There is some greese in the black (rubber housing just where the drive shaft connects to the wheel).

Did you guys face any. My car has run 39K so far. Has been through all sorts of roads and mild abuse
Old 7th February 2011, 16:09   #1704
Team-BHP Support

Sounds like drive shaft problem, but too early in its life!! Get the boot attended to, but sound means damage has been inflicted already.
Old 7th February 2011, 16:30   #1705
Senior - BHPian

+1; First check if your boot is damaged, sometimes, even repacking with grease helps. If the noise still persists that means the damage is done (balls or races damaged). If there is no noise when accelerating from a standstill then it seems like an outer CV joint failure.

Spike
Old 7th February 2011, 17:30   #1706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If there is no noise when accelerating from a standstill then it seems like an outer CV joint failure

Got it checked today at MSM Guindy. The service engineer said the problem was with the drive shaft. The sound is coming from the driver side tyre and the boot has grease over it. Boot looks broken or torn as the grease was right on the outer surface of the boot.
There is no noise of any sort accelerating from a standstill and the Service engineer said the car can be driven for at least another 5k kms since the noise is just appearing and it’s not even close to complete worn-out state. I am a bit paranoid now.

Last edited by VW2010 : 7th February 2011 at 17:32.
Old 8th February 2011, 18:29   #1707
BHPian

@Jaggu and Swift D Owners,
My Swift D is due for service in march as she is about to clock 70k kms.
Would you recommend anything else to be done apart from the normal service?(Read Oil change,Air filter etc)

Also,which is the best engine oil for the Swift D considering I use the Swift D pretty sparingly now? End up driving the Ford more often.

Do advice
Old 8th February 2011, 20:19   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Got it checked today at MSM Guindy. The service engineer said the problem was with the drive shaft. The sound is coming from the driver side tyre and the boot has grease over it. Boot looks broken or torn as the grease was right on the outer surface of the boot.
There is no noise of any sort accelerating from a standstill and the Service engineer said the car can be driven for at least another 5k kms since the noise is just appearing and it’s not even close to complete worn-out state. I am a bit paranoid now.
Will not this be covered in (extended) warranty?
Old 9th February 2011, 12:10   #1709
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Also,which is the best engine oil for the Swift D considering I use the Swift D pretty sparingly now? End up driving the Ford more often.

Do advice
I use Mobil Delvac MX has given me good results. Reg service refer the manual for maintenance schedule and do the jobs mentioned, apart from any issues that you feel that needs to be attended.
Old 10th February 2011, 20:03   #1710
BHPian

I received a feedback request mail from MASS, along with it was a document on "Operational Tips". Within this document, there was a section on "How to get maximum mileage". The following point was mentioned in it :

From the start gradually accelerate to the speed of 40kmph through 1st to 4th gear. As soon as you touch 40kmph, shift to 5th gear and gradually accelerate to 50 kmph. Keep cruising between the speed range of 50 and 60 kmph in the 5th gear.

Isn't the speed to less for the gear ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks