Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2011, 15:08   #1756
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

I still wonder how people manage some of the FE figures mentioned here.
The best I have ever got was 20 with 3 adults, 100% A/C and sedate driving (cruising at 70-80) with minimum traffic

Worst is 15 - 100% city driving with A/C on. Heavy traffic and lot of short trips (< 5kms) and a huge traffic block where I have to idle for 90 mins with A/C.

On the average I am getting around 18 with 40% City + 60% Highway drive. I rarely drive without A/C.

I may have to change my driving style
Old 8th March 2011, 15:22   #1757
Team-BHP Support

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

FE in BLR city, i commute in peak hours in and around HSR, Koramangala and Indira Nagar mostly, so FE will be 15 with AC. Highway if i drive to Kerala, till Coimbatore i get anything from 20-24 depending on time of the day/traffic and the speeds i maintain. If i really rip it out at this stretch constant redlining overtakes and 120 kph plus i get 18-19.

With just two of us and minimal load, speeds of 90-110 i get 22-24 on 4 lane highways. Same drops to 18-19 inside Kerala

So is it really possible to get more than 20 kmpl, yes it is. And you can easily achieve sub 20 figures also lol
Old 8th March 2011, 16:05   #1758
BHPian

Well said Jaggu. All my driving is inside Kerala and most of it is between Calicut/Thrissur/Ernakulam. You will definitely know the traffic & road condition in this route. Getting anything over 20 will be a challenge here !!
Old 13th March 2011, 20:35   #1759
BHPian

Planning to take the car for the minor service at 25k within few days. I have the following items in the list:
1. Engine oil and filter change
2. Wheel balancing/alignmet/rotation
3. Check and top up all fluids/coolant etc.
4. Fix the whisling noise and check the turbo charger as adviced by SA few weeks back.
5. Fix all minor rattles.

Is there anything else I should check @ 25k?
Old 13th March 2011, 21:48   #1760
Team-BHP Support

Why are you getting a service done at 25k ?

Just get the oil and filter changed (and the opinion on that is also 50-50 since Maruti recommends change every 10k) , and wheel alignment and balancing from outside.
Old 18th March 2011, 13:49   #1761
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Planning to take the car for the minor service at 25k within few days. I have the following items in the list:
1. Engine oil and filter change
2. Wheel balancing/alignmet/rotation
3. Check and top up all fluids/coolant etc.
4. Fix the whisling noise and check the turbo charger as adviced by SA few weeks back.
5. Fix all minor rattles.

Is there anything else I should check @ 25k?
Did you miss the 20k service? If not, you can check at 30k service. 5k service will be just to check the fluids and to see if everything is in order. They wont do much during this 5km interval. All major services will be done in 10km service interval.
Old 18th March 2011, 14:22   #1762
BHPian

@Naveen,
No. I did not miss the 20k service. I am planning to do oil/filter change, balancing/alignment at 25k. I need to also look at the whistling sound issue explained in one of the previous posts.
I do oil change at every 5k thought it is not recommended by Maruti.
Old 18th March 2011, 16:59   #1763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Naveen,
No. I did not miss the 20k service. I am planning to do oil/filter change, balancing/alignment at 25k. I need to also look at the whistling sound issue explained in one of the previous posts.
I do oil change at every 5k thought it is not recommended by Maruti.
That's good. I did my 20k service last month. Will be going for the 25k service also. Just to check the fluids.My mileage had dropped drastically before doing the 20km service. I used to get only 10-12 in city. Now I manage to squeeze 16kmpl in city alone. So things have started to turn around.
Old 20th March 2011, 18:46   #1764
BHPian

Did another Long trip during the weekend. Thrissur->Kollam->Thrissur->Ernakulam. distance covered 550 kms. Odo reading @ 25100 now. Got to take the vehicle for 25k check up in the coming week.

@Naveen,
Where do you go for the Wheel balancing/alignment in Ekm?

@Naveen, Where do you go for the Wheel balancing/alignment in Ekm?

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th March 2011 at 21:54. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 21st March 2011, 09:26   #1765
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did another Long trip during the weekend. Thrissur->Kollam->Thrissur->Ernakulam. distance covered 550 kms. Odo reading @ 25100 now. Got to take the vehicle for 25k check up in the coming week.

@Naveen,
Where do you go for the Wheel balancing/alignment in Ekm?

@Naveen, Where do you go for the Wheel balancing/alignment in Ekm?
I go at "PAIMATTATHIL TYRES", kadavanthara. My friend owns the place. So they offer good service at reasonable rate. All my cars alignment/balancing is done here.

Where do you usually go? I used to go at Pitstop but their service is really bad.
Old 21st March 2011, 10:15   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I go at "PAIMATTATHIL TYRES", kadavanthara. My friend owns the place. So they offer good service at reasonable rate. All my cars alignment/balancing is done here.

Where do you usually go? I used to go at Pitstop but their service is really bad.
I took it to Pitstop last time but not satisfied with their service and their charges are not too different from what is offered by Indus.
I am looking at other options now.
Old 21st March 2011, 10:45   #1767
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I took it to Pitstop last time but not satisfied with their service and their charges are not too different from what is offered by Indus.
I am looking at other options now.
I know. Price is reasonable here at my friends place. Tell my name and he shall offer good rates.
Old 21st March 2011, 14:01   #1768
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Just got my car after the 1L Service, Other then the usual things this time I had to change the rear brake shoes and drums along with the rear Shock Absorbers(Springs weren't available hence would be changed next service).
Another thing that came to my notice is the change in engine oil, this time they have used Mobil Super MS 15W40.
Old 21st March 2011, 19:12   #1769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
time they have used Mobil Super MS 15W40.
That can't be good - IIRC it is a CG grade oil.
Old 21st March 2011, 20:33   #1770
BHPian

Did the 25k (optional) service today.
Summary:
Oil and filter change: 960
brake overhaul : 400
strut overhaul and bush replacement: 950
Special offer (WB/WA/Rotation/washing & vacuum cleaning): 500

Total: 2910

I felt the car is very bouncy and hard while hitting potholes at speed though tyre pressure is kept at 34/32. I explained this to SA and he took a test drive.
He said a sound is coming from rear of the car while hitting potholes and bush should be changed. THough I am not sure the charges are on the higher side, the car feels very smooth while going over bad roads.

Brake o/h came as a surprise. Didn't expect it at 25k since it was aready done at 20k. He says brakes were dirty and required cleaning (?).

They were offering a special package for WB/WA/Washing/Intereior cleaning for 500/- and decided to go for it this time. Ovrall it was an expensive service though the car feels much better now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks