Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2011, 23:42   #1741
Team-BHP Support

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Thanks ph03n!x, i was in a hurry when i replied and could not fish out the exact post.

@DieselLover: Try switching on and off the recirculation flap and listen to the sound, if it makes a distinct "dhup" sound while engaging, seating should be proper. On the other hand, the fan check is one of the easiest DIY after air filter clean up.
Old 26th February 2011, 09:06   #1742
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Thanks Jaggu. DId the DIY and no issues found with fan or ac flap. Visited MASS yesterday. They suspect that the whistling is coming from turbo and wanted to check the turbo & intercooler. Since the car is approaching 25k service, I decided to wait and check it along with the service.

I am not convinced that it is a turbo issue as sometimes whistling can be heard even before turbo spools. But the SA at MASS has told me some Swifts have this problem

Car has done 23k now and will be due for 25k service in a month. I will post further updates after the service.
Old 26th February 2011, 22:45   #1743
Senior - BHPian

Service centre refuses to check my car

Dear swift owners,as we know that the diesel has a svs light which is present at the extreme top most left of the dashboard.This light should normally go off within 2 seconds after the key has been slotted to ignition.Well in my case it doesn't but goes off once the engines cranked up.On seeing this i visited the service centre sai service,borivali,mumbai.I reached the service centre by 4:15pm and approached the reception and to my shock they say they wont attend my vehicle as its delivery time and will only inspect my vehicle after i take an appointment(appointment available only on Wednesday).I explained that all they have to do is hook up my car to their diagnostic equipment and hardly takes 5min to clear of the error signal.Still they weren't ready to even listen to my problem.What i am trying to say is shouldn't the svc at least have a look at the problem,without just blantly refusing to even inspect.
I would like to take this matter to maruti,can anyone of you guys give me the mail ids to which i can shoot a mail.
guys help.
Old 26th February 2011, 23:25   #1744
Team-BHP Support

Check the notice board of the dealer you should get some email ids. Otherwise start with customer care I'd from web site.
Old 27th February 2011, 06:48   #1745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Check the notice board of the dealer you should get some email ids. Otherwise start with customer care I'd from web site.
I visited the maruti website but didnt find any mail ids,about the svc centre,will surely check it out today.
Old 28th February 2011, 14:06   #1746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They suspect that the whistling is coming from turbo and wanted to check the turbo &
If the whistling is a mild one, i get it too, but i am sure its the turbo kicking in. I get it in all gears when i go above 1800-2000 RPM and the turbo kicks in. Its audible only when there is no music playing in the car. But its a very mild whistle.

Please take another swift owner in your car to check if he feels anything different. Just to make sure things are different.
Old 28th February 2011, 16:07   #1747
BHPian

Whislting is not exactly mild. It can be heard even if I play music in moderate volume. If it is turbo kicking in then the sound should be there every time turbo spools. In my case, sound can be heard only at times.
When it is present, it can be heard in all gears even at lower speeds. Mine is a LDI so I cannot comment on exact RPM. But I have heard the sound when travelling at 50kmph in 5th gear .

I should probably try driving another swift D or have another owner travel with me. Good suggestion there.
Old 1st March 2011, 20:52   #1748
Senior - BHPian

Re: Service centre refuses to check my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Dear swift owners,as we know that the diesel has a svs light which is present at the extreme top most left of the dashboard.This light should normally go off within 2 seconds after the key has been slotted to ignition.Well in my case it doesn't but goes off once the engines cranked up.On seeing this i visited the service centre sai service,borivali,mumbai.I reached the service centre by 4:15pm and approached the reception and to my shock they say they wont attend my vehicle as its delivery time and will only inspect my vehicle after i take an appointment(appointment available only on Wednesday).I explained that all they have to do is hook up my car to their diagnostic equipment and hardly takes 5min to clear of the error signal.Still they weren't ready to even listen to my problem.What i am trying to say is shouldn't the svc at least have a look at the problem,without just blantly refusing to even inspect.
I would like to take this matter to maruti,can anyone of you guys give me the mail ids to which i can shoot a mail.
guys help.
sent a complaint letter through their website regarding the above mentioned issue,got a call from them within 24hrs,nice to see maruti taking customer seriously,kudos to them.
Old 4th March 2011, 00:14   #1749
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
sent a complaint letter through their website regarding the above mentioned issue,got a call from them within 24hrs,nice to see maruti taking customer seriously,kudos to them.
Glad that the issue is being attended to, though i never had to go to the extent of emailing etc. Atleast from my experience, even at an unfriendly dealership, i always had MUL responding quick.

Much before the days of "emails for even a sneeze", a simple response card at delivery time had dealer at my door steps in 2 days flat and that too with a proper resolution. Followed by a call from Delhi confirming resolution. This was way back in 1996 for a brand new zen. Issue was a slight clash while engaging reverse gear.
Old 6th March 2011, 17:04   #1750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Glad that the issue is being attended to, though i never had to go to the extent of emailing etc. Atleast from my experience, even at an unfriendly dealership, i always had MUL responding quick.

Much before the days of "emails for even a sneeze", a simple response card at delivery time had dealer at my door steps in 2 days flat and that too with a proper resolution. Followed by a call from Delhi confirming resolution. This was way back in 1996 for a brand new zen. Issue was a slight clash while engaging reverse gear.
went to the service centre,was treated like a VIPover a cup of tea they rectified the problem followed by a test drive and a good chat.Kudos to Maruti.
Old 7th March 2011, 21:12   #1751
BHPian

Did a 650km round trip to Thirunelly during the weekend with 5 adults and fully loaded boot with 100% A/c .

Route Taken:
Ernakulam -> Thrissur -> Kechery -> Perumbilavu -> Kuttippuram -> Kottakkal -> Calicut (byepass) -> THamarassery -> Kalpetta -> Mananthavady -> Thirunelly
Return was also via the same route. FE for the whole trip was 17 kmpl (full tank to full tank).
The drive includes 30km ghat section between Thamarassery & Kalpetta with 9 hairpins. Approx 20km of road near the Thirunelly temple is in pathetic state and requires negotiation in 1st and 2nd gear. It was a mix of sedate driving and some hard overtaking.
Is the FE I got normal? Going by the FE reported by some users in this forum, I get a feeling that FE was below normal. Appreciate comments from Swift owners who have done similar trips before.
Old 7th March 2011, 23:34   #1752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Did a 650km round trip to Thirunelly during the weekend with 5 adults and fully loaded boot with 100% A/c .

Route Taken:
Ernakulam -> Thrissur -> Kechery -> Perumbilavu -> Kuttippuram -> Kottakkal -> Calicut (byepass) -> THamarassery -> Kalpetta -> Mananthavady -> Thirunelly
Return was also via the same route. FE for the whole trip was 17 kmpl (full tank to full tank).
The drive includes 30km ghat section between Thamarassery & Kalpetta with 9 hairpins. Approx 20km of road near the Thirunelly temple is in pathetic state and requires negotiation in 1st and 2nd gear. It was a mix of sedate driving and some hard overtaking.
Is the FE I got normal? Going by the FE reported by some users in this forum, I get a feeling that FE was below normal. Appreciate comments from Swift owners who have done similar trips before.
FE totaly depends on ones Driving style, My Mama ji (Moms Brother)
Gets a regular 20-21 Kmpl In city drving conditions in Delhi but then he is a very sedate driver and seldom crosses 70 Kmph. Delhi to Jalandhar on the Highway he always manages 23-25 Kmpl .

Since i am also getting a Swift Vdi next month i am so sure i aint gonna get the same figures he is getting, i by no means am a sedate driver.
Old 8th March 2011, 09:38   #1753
Team-BHP Support

With a full load and traffic the mileage quoted is just about ok. If you were driving sedate then it should be a km or more.
Old 8th March 2011, 12:17   #1754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With a full load and traffic the mileage quoted is just about ok.
Swift mileage is dependent on too many things.

Driving speed
Load
Traffic conditions.

In highway the moment i drive above 80 i get somewhere around 18-19
At 80 i get over 21

City driving with two people always gives something above 16. With a fully loaded car the mileage drops to just above 14.

The best car one can own i guess
Old 8th March 2011, 12:50   #1755
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs guys. We were driving at 80-100 most of the time. Traffic was also heavy during some stretches. Roads in Wayanad will never allow us to cruise in 4th & 5th for more than couple of minutes :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks