Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 18:21   #1396
Distinguished - BHPian

Ha! I just let them change mine, at three years.

I know I should have checked out the forum, and shopped around, and I probably got a bad deal, but it was easier to just let them do it. Path of least resistance.

There should be no need to change the battery just because of its age. They should test it.
Old 5th August 2010, 21:46   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind Sharma View Post
Hey Friends,

Can anyone guide me in making sure that my swift battery needs to be changed or not?....my swift VDI is now 2 yrs old and has done 42000kms.....i started facing one problem in which the immobilizer sign stays on even after starting the engine.....the dealer says the battery needs to be changed after every 2 yrs....is it true? or something else needs to be taken care of.....also guide me how much should be the ideal cost of an exide battery..for swift VDI?...thanks in advance
Do get the car checked at some other service center, maybe just an ECU reset needs to be done.
Mine VDi is almost 3yrd old with 50K+ kms on the odo, and still no problem with the battery! Does your car show any signs of load on the battery, like starting trouble, headlight dimming while using horn or playing music?
Old 6th August 2010, 09:27   #1398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Do get the car checked at some other service center, maybe just an ECU reset needs to be done.
Mine VDi is almost 3yrd old with 50K+ kms on the odo, and still no problem with the battery! Does your car show any signs of load on the battery, like starting trouble, headlight dimming while using horn or playing music?
Each Maruti dealer should have a battery validation device. Please ask him to run diagnostic check on your battery using the same. If your dealer doesn't have it please approach Kalyani motors. They have it. Once they validate the same you can either get the battery changed from them (They have Amaron pro) or from any other battery dealer.
Old 7th August 2010, 20:33   #1399
BHPian

20,000 Km Service

Went for the 4th service for the SWIFT D. The following are the details of the expenses-

(i) Engine Oil 3.1 litres - Rs.592

(ii) Gear Oil - Shell - 2.5 litres - Rs.811

(iii) Oil Filter - Rs.334

(iv) Coolant (2) - Rs.417

(v) Brake Fluid - Rs.266

(vi) Grease - Rs.46

(vii) Other Misc- Rs.53

(viii) Labour - Rs.1150

(ix) Engine Flush - Rs.600

The driver was not allowed to go near the car and I am not sure how the things would have been done
Old 7th August 2010, 20:48   #1400
Team-BHP Support

The diesel filter should also have been changed. 1100 odd rupees.
Old 7th August 2010, 20:51   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
Went for the 4th service for the SWIFT D. The following are the details of the expenses-

(i) Engine Oil 3.1 litres - Rs.592

(ii) Gear Oil - Shell - 2.5 litres - Rs.811

(iii) Oil Filter - Rs.334

(iv) Coolant (2) - Rs.417

(v) Brake Fluid - Rs.266

(vi) Grease - Rs.46

(vii) Other Misc- Rs.53

(viii) Labour - Rs.1150

(ix) Engine Flush - Rs.600

The driver was not allowed to go near the car and I am not sure how the things would have been done
Any idea what engine oil was used? Rs 592 for oil looks like Servo was used instead of Mobil 1 which would cost approx Rs.700. I believe Mobil is better than servo.

Labour charges I believe is Service charges which I feel is a little steep. In Mumbai we pay approx 850 for a paid service.

Also is a engine flush required at 20K? I dont recollect doing anything like than in my car till now (approx 27K)

Everything else looks correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The diesel filter should also have been changed. 1100 odd rupees.
+1 to that. The Diesel filter should have been changed at 20K. Also the existing Air filter should be changed at 20K if not earlier.

Last edited by f1fan : 7th August 2010 at 20:58.
Old 8th August 2010, 06:23   #1402
BHPian

@ f1-

Query Re: filter - The bill says element oil filter - 1 - Rs.334

Query Re: Gear Oil - The bill says Shell was used 2.5 litres - Cost Rs.811

Query Re: Service Charges - Rs.650 -paid service
Rs.500- Disc Brakes cleaning
Rs.600-Engine Flush - This was separately billed
(apparently done by an outside Co.)

@ Eddy / f1- Is Maruti, the company known for its after sales taking me for a ride?
Old 8th August 2010, 11:02   #1403
Team-BHP Support

500 Rs for disc brake cleaning is a definite overkill. Engine flush also could have been avoided but the price for it is fine. Just remember and do not get it done for at least 30k kms more, if you get your oil changed regularly.

Diesel filter should definitely have been changed. I also notice that the air filter is not included. Please speak to the MASS / SA and get these done. And do not pay any extra labour charge for this.
Future advice: It helps if you also cross check SA advice with the service manual. All these changes would be listed there.
Old 10th August 2010, 20:04   #1404
vsh
BHPian

hi
my dzire vdi is making a humming sound. the sound is coming from engine bay i think. it started after water service done yesterday. any idea?
Old 10th August 2010, 20:24   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
@ f1-

@ Eddy / f1- Is Maruti, the company known for its after sales taking me for a ride?
As Eddy mentioned, Disc brakes cleaning is a little on the high side and if you do oil changes at 5K (which I do and maybe is the reason why the same was never recommended to me) then engine flush is not required.

Regarding taking you for a ride, pls note that they i.e. the dealer will do the same if you give them the chance . Do look at the service manual on what is required to be changed/lubed and say no if anything additional is recommened by them. For e.g. I was told that A/C servicing is recommended at 25K. I sternly told them that everything was fine and hence dont touch the A/C.

I generally refer to this same very thread before going for service. This gives me a fair idea on what all needs to be changed at what interval and what the same costs.

Thanks to everyone who pitch in with here their service details/costs

Last edited by f1fan : 10th August 2010 at 20:27.
Old 10th August 2010, 23:50   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
@ f1-

Gautam, 650 is really too much for just disk brake cleaning. My both brakes (front disc and rear drum) costed Rs. 165 & 135, respectively at MASS in Bangalore!
And my car is 51K+ on odo, and still no engine flush required. Never go by the dealer's recommendation, you know your car better. Check the service manual and refer to T-Bhp, you should have all the required info and just don't blindly follow what these SAs say!
Old 11th August 2010, 10:57   #1407
BHPian

Ok Guys am back to bug again with queries , its been 2 weeks and 820 km's to be precise on my new swift LDI and I still have not felt that kick of famous turbo which everyone talks about. I do not push the accelerator very hard and just drive in these up-shifts:
0-10 >>> 1st Gear
10-25 >>> 2nd Gear
25 - 40 >>> 3rd Gear
40 - 60 >>> 4th Gear
60 & on >>> 5th Gear

Please tell me if I am driving very slow, really do not know what RPM's the car is driving under the above mentioned gearshift pattern.

1. So my question is what should be the ideal speed at which one should up-shift gears to feel the turbo kick?
2. Under which gear the maximum turbo could be felt and at what speed the car would be under that circumstance.

In the last 820 km's I've got avg of 15km/ltr for first fill (not tank full) and then 17km/ltr on second refill of Rs 500 diesel. AC was on 90% time with dead slow delhi city traffic for 60% driving.

Hope experts would give me some more gyan on trubo kick.
Old 11th August 2010, 11:07   #1408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
0-10 >>> 1st Gear
10-25 >>> 2nd Gear
25 - 40 >>> 3rd Gear
40 - 60 >>> 4th Gear
60 & on >>> 5th Gear
mine were:
0-10 - 1st
15-20 - 2nd
25-30 - 3rd
35-40 - 4th
50-55 - 5th

Quote:
Please tell me if I am driving very slow, really do not know what RPM's the car is driving under the above mentioned gearshift pattern.
you are completely ok, not lugging the car at all

Quote:
1. So my question is what should be the ideal speed at which one should up-shift gears to feel the turbo kick?
speed-rpm figures was something that even i wanted but never got 'em nevertheless I don't push my Ldi too much at 1st and 2nd gear (have never allowed turbo to kick in in the 1st gear, a few times when my patience ran out at slow speeds I floored the car on 2nd and the turbo did the job)

Quote:
2. Under which gear the maximum turbo could be felt and at what speed the car would be under that circumstance.
3rd gear is the best to enjoy turbo and if you push it a little the turbo carries over to 4th and 5th the feeling is awesome!

Quote:
In the last 820 km's I've got avg of 15km/ltr for first fill (not tank full) and then 17km/ltr on second refill of Rs 500 diesel. AC was on 90% time with dead slow delhi city traffic for 60% driving.
I got a mileage of 16.3 in the first 500 kms and 18.1 from 500-1000 kms with 100% time AC on and total city conditions (delhi traffic) so u aren't doing too bad either

just to add - my Ldi is 9 weeks old and warming up at 4400 kms

Last edited by fine69 : 11th August 2010 at 11:17.
Old 11th August 2010, 14:41   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Ok Guys am back to bug again with queries , its been 2 weeks and 820 km's to be precise on my new swift LDI and I still have not felt that kick of famous turbo which everyone talks about. I do not push the accelerator very hard and just drive in these up-shifts:
0-10 >>> 1st Gear
10-25 >>> 2nd Gear
25 - 40 >>> 3rd Gear
40 - 60 >>> 4th Gear
60 & on >>> 5th Gear

Hope experts would give me some more gyan on trubo kick.
Hey sameer ...

Push the car to 40 -50kmph in 2nd gear and 70-80kmph in 3rd gear to feel the turbo kick.Also you need to be a bit aggressive on the accelerator to feel the kick.
Old 11th August 2010, 15:01   #1410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
Hey sameer ...

Push the car to 40 -50kmph in 2nd gear and 70-80kmph in 3rd gear to feel the turbo kick.Also you need to be a bit aggressive on the accelerator to feel the kick.
50 kmph in 2nd gear to feel the kick!!

The kick is felt earlier than that but I do not have the exact Speed to RPM figures. The turbo kick is not felt when the car is revving at high RPMs instead only when the turbo initially kicks in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks