Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 15:05   #1276
BHPian

Nice Gesture..!

Folks - I received a gift from Maruti, not sure why. The guys came to the office and gave me a 4 cd pack of old hindi songs (around 70 songs), draped in a nice box with maruti signature etc. The cds even have maruti signature tunes shown in tv ads. Has anyone else got this as well?
Old 15th April 2010, 16:23   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
But after providing these figures the works manager immediately suggested me to get the battery changed directly from the battery dealer for a better price.

2. How should I confirm that its not the battery or confirm whether the battery is dying?
3. For error code removal the works manager suggested to keep the vehicle disconnected from the battery for 3-4 mins which in turn restarts the ECU and erases all the error codes, is this correct ?
You can ask the battery dealer to check if the battery cells are weak. If they are, you will need a battery change.

I dont think you can erase error codes by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. If that was the case, there will be many people misusing the car with error codes and resetting it just before they reach a service station and the manufacturer would never know!
Old 15th April 2010, 17:14   #1278
BHPian

similar gear cable problem

Similar kind of problem faced last week.

Came back from a long weekend trip to kinnaur over some really bad roads. 3 days after that while leaving from office, the car refused to hold the gear in 1 and 2. 1 was moving automatically to 3 and 2 to 4th. Reverse was working fine. Left the car in office. Took it next day to Motorcraft in noida. They had a look and in first said its gear cable problem cuz of battery droppings. the cable was replaced under warranty (24k kms done).
No hassles at all at motorcraft for getting it replaced in warranty. highly recommended to people in noida/south del (if they can manage)

Thankfully, the prob took place while i was back to del and not soft roading in kinnaur roads....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
Hi Junta,

Over the last few weeks, I had observed that the 'play' on the gear lever had increased in my VDi. This was annoying as the sporty feel was gone. Nonetheless, the gears were working. A couple of days later, I see that I cannot engage the reverse gear as well. Oh man, I thought I should now take it more seriously. Somehow manage to roll the car back and started driving. On my way, I found out that I cannot engage the 1st, 2nd, 5th and Reverse; means, I could toggle only between 3rd and 4th. Once in a signal, I managed to find 2 and used that same gear to reach Bimal. I had a friend who had the similar experiences with the 'play' being more on the lever. I very well knew there was problem with some cable or something but would be simple.
Old 17th April 2010, 16:37   #1279
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post

Guys I recently changed my swifts bumper as it had deep scratches.

I feel that the quality (thickness & finishing) of the plastic is not as good as the OE.

Is it the same with others too? any experiences ?

Hi PPL

Any feedback? Every one is overlooking my post
Old 17th April 2010, 19:27   #1280
Team-BHP Support

Changed it because of scratches ? Too drastic IMO.

Where did you get the new one from ?
Old 18th April 2010, 01:22   #1281
BHPian

+1 Eddy
Yea, you could have got it fixed at the local paint shop, good filler with some sanding and painting would have done the trick.
Old 19th April 2010, 01:51   #1282
BHPian

Guys need help . Last week my Swift VDI done 66k kms stopped and just insisted not to start at all even after several cranks. Atlast called Sachin from NEXUS Maruti (Bangalore) for help and by the time his boys arrived, atlast the car started and behaved as if nothing had happened at all. However took it to Sachin the next day and they could not find any fault with the car.

After almost a week of smooth running, this happened again when my dad took the car, and this time he got the local mechanic there and checked, and was told that the coolant was low and topped it up.

But , i had got the car serviced only 3 weeks back and replaced engine oil and coolant, also got the EGR valve cleaning and intercooler cleaning done. also did 1500 km long drive after the service. Never had any prob with car till now in past 3 years and 66k kms. And now the car is just acting abnormal once in a while. At other times it runs smooth n perfect as ever.

I am very confused and the faith in car for long drives has gone. I need help guys.

Has anybody faced such problems??
Old 19th April 2010, 03:34   #1283
Senior - BHPian

Check the battery, I have been at service stations that sometimes the Battery not generating enough power is the cause of the car not starting.

The starter will turn over, but the car won't start. I don't know how true is this, but no harm in checking the battery out
Old 19th April 2010, 14:34   #1284
BHPian

Battery seems ok. Its cranking all the time. But just refusing to start. Will that be a problem??
Old 19th April 2010, 15:04   #1285
Team-BHP Support

Can be, try a proper battery test using meters. That will really show the health of the battery.
Old 20th April 2010, 12:01   #1286
BHPian

Got it checked with NEXUS. They says Battery is weak and producing only 8 volt power. So Planning to get the battery changed. They said Rs.10000 for a new Exide battery, is that a good price?

However planning to put the Amaron battery, let me enquire the price for that too.
Old 20th April 2010, 14:24   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Got it checked with NEXUS. They says Battery is weak and producing only 8 volt power. So Planning to get the battery changed. They said Rs.10000 for a new Exide battery, is that a good price?

However planning to put the Amaron battery, let me enquire the price for that too.
Swift Diesel can be installed only with a special type of battery called DIN, others would not fit in properly (its something to do with the size of the battery), following are the quotes from battery dealers -
Amaron - 7517\-
Tata Green Titanium DIN60- 7723\- (60 month warranty, service required @ every 100,000 km)
Tata Green Silver DIN60 - 5683\- (12 months warranty, service required @ every 15,000 km)
Exide DIN65 - 8300\-

Expect 500\- to 1000\- for your old battery

I am still searching for the best price, and will keep everyone posted here

In any case DO NOT buy the battery from MASS, you would pay an unusual high price for something that can be purchased from outside at a much lower price

Last edited by rajatsingh78 : 20th April 2010 at 14:25.
Old 20th April 2010, 21:05   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
Swift Diesel can be installed only with a special type of battery called DIN, others would not fit in properly (its something to do with the size of the battery), following are the quotes from battery dealers -
Amaron - 7517\-
Tata Green Titanium DIN60- 7723\- (60 month warranty, service required @ every 100,000 km)
Tata Green Silver DIN60 - 5683\- (12 months warranty, service required @ every 15,000 km)
Exide DIN65 - 8300\-

Expect 500\- to 1000\- for your old battery

I am still searching for the best price, and will keep everyone posted here

In any case DO NOT buy the battery from MASS, you would pay an unusual high price for something that can be purchased from outside at a much lower price
Best quote i got for Amaron PRO DIN74 from Bangalore was Rs.8000.00 after refund for old battery. I have ordered one and supposed to be delivered home n fit tomorrow morning.

Your price of Rs. 7517.00 is for Amaron Flo or Amaron PRO? I enquired to find that Amaron PRO DIN74 is perfect for SWIFT VDI and it has 5 years warranty on it.
Old 21st April 2010, 20:10   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Best quote i got for Amaron PRO DIN74 from Bangalore was Rs.8000.00 after refund for old battery. I have ordered one and supposed to be delivered home n fit tomorrow morning.

Your price of Rs. 7517.00 is for Amaron Flo or Amaron PRO? I enquired to find that Amaron PRO DIN74 is perfect for SWIFT VDI and it has 5 years warranty on it.
It was Amaron Flo 560073060 (7517\-)
Old 21st April 2010, 21:07   #1290
BHPian

Bought the AMARON PRO DIN74 with 5year replacement warranty for Rs.8000.00 after exchange of old Exide. Let me see if the starting trouble goes . .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks