Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 12:54   #1261
Team-BHP Support

A local accessory guy will find a workaround. Definitely. Just got that done for my Ikon.
Old 10th April 2010, 20:34   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
A local accessory guy will find a workaround. Definitely. Just got that done for my Ikon.
Exactly. Just got a mirror from a local accessory shop. The cost was 100 bucks. It is a perfect fit.

Now to do a DIY mirror fix.
Old 12th April 2010, 11:37   #1263
BANNED

Guys I recently changed my swifts bumper as it had deep scratches.

I feel that the quality (thickness & finishing) of the plastic is not as good as the OE.

Is it the same with others too? any experiences ?
Old 12th April 2010, 13:42   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Get it checked fast, seems like oil is leaking and entering the turbo lines. Is it smoking white or black? Black might be just a clogged air filter. And are you sure its engine oil?

Just got it checked, the return hose just behind the engine block has developed cracks and that's where the oil is leaking from. To my bad luck the part isn't available.

It's black smoke not white, I had the air filter cleaned during the 70K service, should I replace it with a new one?
Old 12th April 2010, 19:00   #1265
Team-BHP Support

Wok get the hose replaced and be with it If possible do post a picture of the hose and cost once done, this will help others while referring in future.

Air filter if you havent replaced for 15-20k kms might be a good idea to replace em, otherwise use some compressed air to clean and plonk it back in
Old 12th April 2010, 19:34   #1266

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Hey Jaggu, car has done 70K kms, I was just suspecting the clutch. If i were to explain it, car goes thud, thud, thud. It jerks all the way till i release the clutch.
hi anshu.

i also had a juddering issue on my swift vdi when it had done 19k kms. had to literally fight tooth n nail with the mass to have it replaced under warranty. managed to do it after speaking to the regional service manager.

strongly suggest that if the issue is still alive, demand a replacement of the clutch assembly.

regards

kalro
Old 12th April 2010, 21:39   #1267
BHPian

Black Smoke

Just for forum facts:

Had black smoke at around 3.5k-4k RPM. Cleaned air filter and italian tune up. Now smoke disappeared!

Thanks Jaggu & dieselfan for the tips.
Old 14th April 2010, 16:33   #1268
BANNED

25000kms update

Today went for 25000kms service. Bought Mobil Delvac MX myself as the dealer is using Mobil super1000. The difference is immedeately noticable. The kick is back, she feels smoother to drive, the sound feels muted. I also changed the air filter as SA said that it will be better. Asked SA to check the rattles in the rear right door. He said it is done but when returning the rattles also returned. Man this is getting on my nerves.
Cheers
Dilip
Old 14th April 2010, 22:27   #1269
BHPian

Hi Jaggu,

Recently I got my 40K service done (costed 6495\-, will provide details in a separate thread), the car was doing fine until today evening when I started off from work.

Once I cranked the car, the car started but the Service Vehicle Soon (SVS) Light & Water in Fuel Filter Warning Light remained on (please check attached pic. I immediately turned the engine off and cranked it again, this time all the warning lights went off and after waiting warming the engine for around 2 mins I started off. I went to a grocery store and again after starting the car same thing happened, and disappeared the second time I cranked the engine.

I drove back home, btw there was no overheating or any other issue with the car or its acceleration, everything was just normal.

I came back home, turned the engine off and same issue. What can be the issue? Shall I drive to the dealer or first call him and confirm if any damage can happen.

I forgot to mention what the manual says,
SVS Light - If this light comes on when the engine is running, there may be something wrong with the engine electronics system
Water in Fuel Filter Warning Light - If this light comes on, and keeps on glowing, get the water drained from the fuel filter.

So does it mean the electronics and water in fuel filter failing at the same time? (I dont think so)
P.S - sorry for hijacking your thread, but thought that this would be the best place to seek an answer for my problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-warning-light.jpg  

Last edited by rajatsingh78 : 14th April 2010 at 22:30.
Old 15th April 2010, 09:23   #1270
BHPian

@rajatsingh78: You can first try to drain the water from the fuel filter. How to do this is mentioned in the manual. If the service light still persists after that, then you will definitely need to go to the dealer and connect the Tech2 scanner to find out the error details. Since the service light is not switching off even after the car is started, the ECU may have detected an error which needs action immediately.
Old 15th April 2010, 10:01   #1271
BHPian

@mtnrajdeep - I am straight away driving for the service station, will post the updates here by noon
Old 15th April 2010, 11:11   #1272
Team-BHP Support

Connect Tech 2 scanner and see what is the error code that has been registered. Seems like an electrical fault more than water in diesel error.
Old 15th April 2010, 11:29   #1273
BHPian

Just came back from the service station, the works manager on hearing my issue said that 99% its battery problem, because he receives calls for such issue every week. Still he asked a technician to check the car, the technician confirmed that its a battery issue, because its intermittent and because the battery is around 3 years old. He also said that had it been some fault the lights would come on everytime the car is cranked.

For battery replacement I was provided following figures -
Exide - 7900\-
Amaron - 8900\-
Old battery exchange discount - 100\- (ha ha ha)

But after providing these figures the works manager immediately suggested me to get the battery changed directly from the battery dealer for a better price.

He also said that the OEM battery has a 2 year warranty where as the replacements have 5 year warranty, is it true? how to cross check this info

Now my questions -

1. Shall I go ahead with the battery change ?
2. How should I confirm that its not the battery or confirm whether the battery is dying?
3. For error code removal the works manager suggested to keep the vehicle disconnected from the battery for 3-4 mins which in turn restarts the ECU and erases all the error codes, is this correct ?

@Jaggu - you have a PM

Last edited by rajatsingh78 : 15th April 2010 at 11:36.
Old 15th April 2010, 12:47   #1274
Senior - BHPian

I fail to see how this can be a battery problem!
Are there any other signs of the battery getting weak?

I suggest you try another Maruti Service Centre.
Old 15th April 2010, 13:01   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I fail to see how this can be a battery problem!
Are there any other signs of the battery getting weak?

I suggest you try another Maruti Service Centre.
  • In January this year after a 15 day vacation when I tried cranking the car, it was as if the battery was very weak, the starter motor was not moving freely, but the car did start.
  • 2-3 days back the car took 2 cranks to start (the engine was warm, and I had parked it to pick some grocery)
  • When I use the power windows, the headlights dim a bit
Apart from the above points I found a similar problem here in T-bhp, the problem was faced by abhilash_iv

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...e-76-a-73.html

Quote:
Yes it can. In fact this happened to me around 57K kms. One fine morning the car started only on the 3rd crank. At the same time the "water in fuel filter" light and the "Service" light lit. When I switched off and then restarted, the Service lit remained lit unless the engine is started. That means the error code is registered. Took it to MASS, and they said it may be because of poor battery. They said I can manage for few more weeks like this, but it is safe to change. They cleared the error code.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks