Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2010, 18:05   #1156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi Jaggu / All,

from last two days i have a burning smell ( like rubber burning ) on my Swift VDI , The smell can be felt from inside/ outside of the car, it does reduce if i switch off my ICE .
============
Can esteemed bhipians kindly suggest , I have a feeling that MASS will not check this issues as they might blame it to the ICE install.
Get it checked asap, why do you want to risk it. Can be exhaust leakage getting in, but in diesel it will not be burning smell. Rather suffocating smoke smell.

Hope you dont have any electricals shorted out due to the impact and burning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Hi Jaggu,

I have a Swift VDI, clocked 3000km till now.
==============
I have been getting a mileage of 15 with 90% AC (70%city driving). Are the mileage figures up to the mark?
Yes longer highway runs do help. May be it clears up the carbon from city on the exhaust side, maybe its the ECU tweaking itself. I really dont know, but i do have similar experience. Mileage is aok for peak city traffic with full AC.
Old 15th February 2010, 21:17   #1157
vsh
BHPian

@mikilbhatkar
i had the same problem of lack of pickup. it was due to poor quality diesel. may be the same with you.
Old 15th February 2010, 23:52   #1158
BHPian

Have been using normal diesel since day 1. I have refilled from another fuel station yesterday, so will check and post the new mileage and pickup experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
@mikilbhatkar
i had the same problem of lack of pickup. it was due to poor quality diesel. may be the same with you.
Did you see a immediate difference in the pickup or did it change with regular use of the changed fuel ?

Last edited by Dippy : 8th March 2010 at 12:02. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 16th February 2010, 16:07   #1159
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Am not very happy, though work done (whatever done rather) was ok. Whole experience makes me wonder, how can we trust these dealers with our cars. Inspite of specific written instructions they goof up! Do we have to go and stand by to see if the work is done?
Sorry to hear about your experience. I do the same thing of giving a printout of the jobs to be carried out for my car, but still they let one or two minor things slip. However, I am always at the service station right next to the car when work is being done. A few hours spent on a Saturday every 5 months or so is not much for me. The mechanics are that much more cautious when a customer is present.

Quote:
Can we trust them with things like fluid and filter change without monitoring? Do they even do it? Am losing my faith in the system!
With a reputed dealer like RNS, I think we as customers can breathe easy when it comes to this. However, it will be best if you spend a few hours there and see for yourself if the changes are being done.
Old 17th February 2010, 11:02   #1160
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SA Erappa was trying to convince me by saying it was done and labor was included in the 800 bucks they charged for the service.
Jaggu,

Do you have any idea what all is covered in the service cost? The reason I ask is, I completed a 25k kms service on my Alto last Saturday and was charged seperately (Rs. 200) for the cleaning of the rear drum brakes in addition to the ~Rs. 700 for the service.

Any inputs will help.

Thanks,
gpa
Old 17th February 2010, 22:11   #1161
vsh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Did you see a immediate difference in the pickup or did it change with regular use of the changed fuel ?
when i emptied(within 4 days) the tank and refilled it with trusted petrol bunk(BP) the effect was almost immediate. so it was clear that the malfunctioning was due to the adulterated diesel.
Old 18th February 2010, 11:09   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi Jaggu / All,
from last two days i have a burning smell ( like rubber burning ) on my Swift VDI , The smell can be felt from inside/ outside of the car, it does reduce if i switch off my ICE . But does not goes off completely.
The car is May 2007 and the ICE was installed by reputed installer “ Driven” in Delhi.
Did you get this checked?

Other electrical parts also need some check.
I had a similar incident with my previous Alto. I saw smoke on one of my drives to Hyderabad, and on closer observation, it was smoke when I used to flash light. The wiring was cut and causing sparks internally. I observed it right on time, and got the light switching unit replaced under warranty.
Observe any such things with default wiring as well, not just after market electrical stuff.
Old 18th February 2010, 14:45   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Jaggu,

Do you have any idea what all is covered in the service cost? The reason I ask is, I completed a 25k kms service on my Alto last Saturday and was charged seperately (Rs. 200) for the cleaning of the rear drum brakes in addition to the ~Rs. 700 for the service.

Any inputs will help.

Thanks,
gpa
gpa Brake Disc/Drum cleaning is not covered under paid service cost it is charged extra.200-250 each for disc/drum.
Old 19th February 2010, 17:05   #1164
BHPian

Hi Got my VDU and upgraded and upgraded my tiers to MC energy 185/70 R 14 after reading the reviews in Team BHP.
But now my steering feels really tight and stiff, is there some thing i can do about it. or should i live with it?
Old 21st February 2010, 12:22   #1165
Team-BHP Support

I dont think a move from 165 to 185's will make the electronic power steering so hard. Check if you have the right tire pressure. Yes otherwise you will have to live with slightly tighter steering.
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:37   #1166
BHPian

For how long should one idle after a cold start ?

I have noticed few times that on idling for more than 2-3 mins, the car doesn't pull that great. Did anyone noticed something similar ?
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:47   #1167
Team-BHP Support

I idle for 10-15 secs and drive at under 2k rpm with gentle accelerator inputs, till water temp starts raising over C mark. Then on "drive as i wish to".

Never followed any 2-3 min idle on start up, right from day 1 Only while doing high speed highways or city driving, i idle for 2-3 minutes before shutting down.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:01   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
I idle for 10-15 secs and drive at under 2k rpm with gentle accelerator inputs, till water temp starts raising over C mark. Then on "drive as i wish to".

Never followed any 2-3 min idle on start up, right from day 1 Only while doing high speed highways or city driving, i idle for 2-3 minutes before shutting down.
I will try doing this for few days and post my experience.
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:01   #1169
vsh
BHPian

hi
it has been one year since i bought my dzire vdi in feb 2009. i have completed 40k on odo. i went to MASS for 40k service and paid rs 6700. the bill is attached herewith. is it ok? am i overcharged?
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-bills.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2010, 18:21   #1170
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
hi
it has been one year since i bought my dzire vdi in feb 2009. i have completed 40k on odo. i went to MASS for 40k service and paid rs 6700. the bill is attached herewith. is it ok? am i overcharged?
That is a very high running!

Nos 8 and 10 are not standard.

Can you list the labour charges as they are not seen?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks