Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:38   #1036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Try Sai Colorium JP Nagar, they do a good job. Also Suraksha at Adugodi for body work.
Jaggu - will it not affect the warranty in some way if i give it to sai? Also i came to know that i cannot avail cashless option if i give it to sai. This can be availed only at the dealership.

Last edited by NFS2024 : 2nd December 2009 at 16:40.
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:44   #1037
BANNED

Quote:
Am suggesting Delvac since it gives the best results in our driving conditions, next is Mobile Super 1300 and last choice would be Servo.

All these were OE but M.A.S.S keeps on changing the brand based on the best deals they get from the supplier.

Regarding suspension sound, is it kat kat sound from the steering? Then its the steering damper, no known solutions yet apart from tightening and greasing it, which will keep the sound muted/at bay for sometime.

Try Sai Colorium JP Nagar, they do a good job. Also Suraksha at Adugodi for body work.
Ya guess it is the steering damper sound.Thanks jaggu

BTW how much do the Delvac or mobil cost?
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:15   #1038
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Jaggu - will it not affect the warranty in some way if i give it to sai? Also i came to know that i cannot avail cashless option if i give it to sai. This can be availed only at the dealership.
Check with Sai if they can do a cashless, this facility is based on the tie up they (the workshop) have with the insurance guys. Not depending if its a dealer or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
BTW how much do the Delvac or mobil cost?
Approx 200 will be the cost per liter.
Old 5th December 2009, 22:55   #1039
BHPian

Jaggu Da.
I am getting this "khatak" sound every time it passes through a pot hole,from left side rear suspension(from day 1).However every time I took it to MASS,They were not able to identify the problem.
the frequency of sound increases during rainy/winter season.however i didnot face any problems during summers.also if i keep the tire pressure to 28,the sound vaishes completely.what could be the reason for this,any ideas/suggestions?

car-swift dzire-aug08
tire pressure currently 30R and 32F
Old 11th December 2009, 15:06   #1040
Team-BHP Support

@ankit: I have no idea about khatak sound from rear, since thats the one side of the suspension that doesnt make much sound. Did you check the shocks and the stopper bushes? Just a hunch.

ps: was travelling and didnt check the thread early.
Old 11th December 2009, 21:59   #1041
BHPian

well i had given my car to MASS,they have changed something(dont know what i think it was bushes )and now i havent heard the noise.
they had opened up the suspension and checked 3-4 commomn things,

i ll have to wait for a few weeks and check if i get to hear the sound again.
Old 13th December 2009, 00:04   #1042
BHPian

Hi Guys, had a strange problem this morning, my car started as usual and died as if the fuel was over and I had the service light started blinking. Gave it another try, the car started and went off again. Now i took off the key and gave it another shot, the car started and no warning lights on. However the check engine light now doesn't go out until I start the car. Guys any comments? I plan to take the car to MASS on Monday to get this checked.
Old 13th December 2009, 14:58   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Hi Guys, had a strange problem this morning, my car started as usual and died as if the fuel was over and I had the service light started blinking. Gave it another try, the car started and went off again. Now i took off the key and gave it another shot, the car started and no warning lights on. However the check engine light now doesn't go out until I start the car. Guys any comments? I plan to take the car to MASS on Monday to get this checked.
It is one of those sensors not working properly or is loose. I presume you got the SVS light ON and not check engine.
Old 13th December 2009, 19:07   #1044
BHPian

2nd Service

Hi Guys,

40 days old car done the second service last week. This time too same place & same SA. RNS, Hosur Road & Manju. Pretty good this time too

Changed Oil filter & oil, Also done an experimental polishing @ dealer(They call it UV protection).

Back seat & left A piller squeaking have fixed. There are whole lot of loosened CLIPS in this car I feel. Now it is quiet and feel a revamped whoosh after 1800RPM.

Numbers below:

Total ODO: 4990
Element Oil filter:334
Delvac MX: 248/ltr
Consummable Check/Replacement : 100
Polishing:750

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
@rajswiftvdi, howz the route all the way? I heard after the rains, it was pathetic near palakkad. Is it all fixed now?

If you want to go to Kottayam, I would prefer Hosur - Krishnagiri - Salem - Dindigul - Theni - Kumily - Mundakkayam - Ponkunnam - Kottayam. I did Bangalore - Kumily [500 kms] in 8 hours flat! this is maintaning constant 100 kmph speed and neat gear changes and got a mileage of 22 kmpl with 60 5 AC and 3 adults.
Sorry for the late reply, Road was quite good expect few stretch between palaghat & thrissur. Thanks for the suggestion, but that root seems to be too long to my place. Im not proper KTM and will take another 120+kms. from Kumily.

Time for X'mas vacation and another trip to Kerala.

Quote:
Regular 5k check up and if you want get the oil and oil filter replaced with Mobil Delvac MX. Apart from this you can ask them to clean the air filter by blowing air and note down any specific problems which you might have noticed.
Thanks Jaggu!
Old 14th December 2009, 13:11   #1045
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have been enjoying my car for a couple of months including a 1700km trip to coastal Karnataka. Now I am getting the hang of how to drive a diesel car utilizing the torque rather than flooring the accelerator Here are a couple of questions based on the experience so far...

1. I find that the throw of the headlights has a very limited range in the low beam setting - even with the level set to 0. On the highways I am forced to use the high beam almost all the time as I can't see more than say 20 feet in front with the low beam. Can I ask the service center to raise the beam a little bit or is this the intended design, and hence a bad idea to change it?

2. Has anyone explored the option of adding a remote boot opener for the times when your arms are full of groceries?

Regards,
Amit.
Old 14th December 2009, 14:18   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Have just faced the issue once again, Could this be something to do with the immobilizer?
Old 14th December 2009, 14:25   #1047
Team-BHP Support

Nopes, looks like a dirty sensor.
Old 14th December 2009, 14:38   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
It is one of those sensors not working properly or is loose. I presume you got the SVS light ON and not check engine.
Yes, my bad it was indeed the SVS light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Nopes, looks like a dirty sensor.
Thanks Eddy, I took the car this morning to MASS, as expected they told me not to worry as long as the light doesn't come on while driving. I have a long distance trip coming up and am not at all confident taking the car in this condition. Please could you suggest on what I should ask the service guys to specifically check.

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Yes, my bad it was indeed the SVS light.

Mods, please delete this post, I have edited my earlier post

Last edited by Dippy : 8th March 2010 at 12:09. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 14th December 2009, 15:37   #1049
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajswiftvdi View Post
Delvac MX: 248/ltr
They have Delvac now? Would avoid a trip to JC road for me then Do let me know.
Old 15th December 2009, 13:44   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
They have Delvac now? Would avoid a trip to JC road for me then Do let me know.
Oops, its not from Dealer Jaggu. It became a habit, buying Oil from outside and going for service, so didnt mention it specifically

I bought from a shop at bannarghatta road(Between Mantri & JP Nagar Signal). Will PM you their contact details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks