Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 13:13   #901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yes and No, synthetic is obviously better and can be used after 5k kms BUT Mobil 1 is primarily brewed for Petrol engines, though is used for diesels also. Unfortunately Mobil 1 doesnt give the best for DDIS engine (as per others who have tried it).

Right synthetic equivalent for diesel is Mobil Delvac 1, which is tough to procure in India.
Does that mean that if Mobil Delvac 1 cannot be found then DDIS owners need to and should stick to the basic Delvac MX??
Old 28th October 2009, 14:39   #902
Team-BHP Support

I did that, unless somebody can find another synthetic brand specifically brewed for diesels. OWS has one is what i have found out after some digging.

I still prefer 5k kms oil change and hence sticking to mineral Delvac MX which is pretty decent for my usage.
Old 29th October 2009, 10:19   #903
BHPian

I tried finding Delvac MX on my way to office today. But strangely couldn't it in any of the 4 - 5 gas stations that I checked. IOC ppl told me to find it at BP stations, but even the BP ones didn't have this.

Could anyone please let me know where in Delhi can I find Delvac? I drive down from Janakpuri to Greater Noida so any place on the way would be preferred.
Old 29th October 2009, 10:25   #904
Team-BHP Support

I dont think you will find it in Gas stations, you will have to find shops which sell Mobil products.
Old 29th October 2009, 11:45   #905
Team-BHP Support

Where in Delhi are you Manu ? I know that there is a Mobil store near Nehru place
Old 29th October 2009, 15:08   #906
BHPian

Finally!!

Hi Guys,

80 days long waiting is coming to an end.

Dealer informed today that, vehicle(White VDI+ABS) has come and can be delivered tomorrow.

Feeling rest less - silly me

-Raj
Old 29th October 2009, 15:46   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I dont think you will find it in Gas stations, you will have to find shops which sell Mobil products.
Can anyone please let me know the whereabouts for Mobil Product distributors. This is urgent .....
Old 29th October 2009, 15:48   #908
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu0611 View Post
Can anyone please let me know the whereabouts for Mobil Product distributors. This is urgent .....
Manu, Check this please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Where in Delhi are you Manu ? I know that there is a Mobil store near Nehru place
Old 29th October 2009, 15:52   #909
BHPian

Quote:
I'm from Hari Nagar, West Delhi.. Please let me know the address of the store in Nehru Place and if you can please let me know the open and close timings as well.
Old 29th October 2009, 15:57   #910
Team-BHP Support

Have sent you the PM with all the details.

Breathe easy for a while
Old 29th October 2009, 16:03   #911
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajswiftvdi View Post
Hi Guys,

80 days long waiting is coming to an end.

Dealer informed today that, vehicle(White VDI+ABS) has come and can be delivered tomorrow.

Feeling rest less - silly me

-Raj
He he he, can understand the excitement. Happy DDISing have fun! Oh i forgot Congratzzzz!
Old 30th October 2009, 11:58   #912
BHPian

What is the cost of the Oil Filter? I will get it replaced during the first service of my VDi.

Fortunately I've found a Mobil distributor pretty much midway my place and the service station
Eddy thanx for the inputs and bearing with my posts all over .......
Old 30th October 2009, 12:02   #913
Team-BHP Support

No problemo !

Engine Oil Filter: approx 375 bucks.
Diesel filter (change every 20k): approx 1100 bucks
Old 30th October 2009, 18:17   #914
BHPian

Hey Jaggu,
Had been to Bangy last week. My AC just stopped cooling when i took out the car next morning, it was working good the previous day on my drive from Trichur to Bangy. I was surprised on this sudden development.

From your ref on forum, i took the car to NEXUS and consulted Sachin (told him of your ref). Nice chap there and looked into the matter real fast and got it done quickly. The AC gas was low !!

He says it can happen only with a leak somewhere and it would take 3 hours to put in nitrogen and check the leak. However since i did not have time for all that on my 2 day trip, just refilled the gas and came back on Wednesday. But since then i dont have any problem with the AC and its still effective. I m wondering what might have caused this leak all of a sudden on that day.

Got my clutch also checked. Its fine, and also got the Fuel filter changed at Nexus.

I am happy with my experience at NEXUS and Sachin for his prompt actions. I would recommend him too guys.
Old 30th October 2009, 18:17   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Diesel filter (change every 20k): approx 1100 bucks
At Rs.1100/- bucks, Diesel filter is a bit too costly, even though it is a Bosch-made in Spain product.
I guess Bosch should start manufacturing it here in India to bring down the costs, given the number of cars with the multijet engines running in India. Volumes definitely justify it. It is not a complicated product to make, it is basically a paper filter enclosed it a conical aluminium case with inlet & outlet at either end with a rubber washer.
If made in India, I feel they should be able to price it around Rs.500-800.

Another Query: Does India Vista Quadrajet , Fiat Linea & Punto use the same type of Diesel filter ?

Last edited by GSMINC : 30th October 2009 at 18:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks