Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 10:55   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Hi ripper, i checked the rpm on 5th gear at 100kmph and it is in around the range of 2200-2300, but the pick up is too slow, and very difficult for over taking. This was not the case earlier.
This post came at the right time !!!
I was feeling the same way, and was about to post it.
There used to be this feeling of massive pull in the initial days. It really used to pull me through even in bumper to bumper traffic, it was a bit of challenge to control the pull.
Example, if I had to ride on clutch during such conditions, as soon as I release clutch, there used to be a jump kind of pull. Its not there anymore.
Also as mentioned in other posts, the acceleration is more linear.
There is no massive low end torque. Even in lower speeds there used to be lot of torque, which slowly decreased. I wouldnt say its gone completely, but considerably decreased.

Sometimes even thought it might be because of driving style/city conditions(airport road to bannerghatta road everyday) where you inevitably have to ride clutch at least on few occasions.
(Car has learnt to behave in this traffic, through artificial intelligence )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@srikant: wild guess, check your engine oil level (ideally when cold), it has been earlier reported that over filling causes similar issues.
Need to check this... The dip stick should be in middle level ideally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Maybe thats what's happened to you? the car will feel slower, but isnt, when you look at the numbers(your numbers so far, are all correct)
but i must say, overtaking ,has gotten easier than when the car was new, unlike for you.
I havent done a quantitative analysis though, it was more qualitative perception...
Old 30th September 2008, 12:36   #287
BHPian

Quote:
@srikant: wild guess, check your engine oil level (ideally when cold), it has been earlier reported that over filling causes similar issues.
Hey Jaggu, I changed to MOBIL1 5W50 fully synthetic oil on the 20k service after flushing the mineral oil. And since then i have a smoother n more silent engine and no power delivery problems. And the engine oil level seems ok. I checked it this morning.

I have started a new thread for discussing this topic and the link is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...rob-turbo.html So let have all the future discussion there so that we are topic specific. It was my fault posting this first in this thread. Sorry again

Mods: Request you to kindly move these posting to my new thread if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
its odd. the rpm for that speed is spot on. mileage is normal. and you have not mentioned anything about smoke, so I assume that it is not smoking excessively. I'm lost.

Maybe thats what's happened to you? the car will feel slower, but isnt, when you look at the numbers(your numbers so far, are all correct)
but i must say, overtaking ,has gotten easier than when the car was new, unlike for you.

The ideal situation would be to get it checked by an expert, and not listen to arm chair theorists like me
Hey ripper, good to hear that man, but i have my own doubts now. have i got used to the car too much that i am not able to feel that anymore?

Your fun in overtaking may be due to the PETES inside !! Enjoy man !! I am on my savings for the PETES box too, so i ll have one soon too.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th September 2008 at 12:54. Reason: Back to back, use EDIT and Multi Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 12:48   #288
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Need to check this... The dip stick should be in middle level ideally?
It can be full also, but NOT beyond that.

Quote:
Hey Jaggu, I changed to MOBIL1 5W50 fully synthetic oil on the 20k service after flushing the mineral oil. And since then i have a smoother n more silent engine and no power delivery problems. And the engine oil level seems ok. I checked it this morning.

I wouldnt recommend Mobil 1, since its NOT the right grade. Mobil Delvac 1 is the appropriate synthetic.
Old 30th September 2008, 13:05   #289
BHPian

Quote:
I wouldnt recommend Mobil 1, since its NOT the right grade. Mobil Delvac 1 is the appropriate synthetic.
I came across MOBIL 1 recommendation from a Team BHP thread. In that case will that have any adverse effect on my engine?I got the oil change done at SITARAM MASS in Trichur, They too confirmed that MOBIL 1 will be the best option.

Quote:
Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by srikant : 30th September 2008 at 13:14. Reason: to reply to Team BHP support staff.
Old 30th September 2008, 13:10   #290
Team-BHP Support

Mobil 1 is OK but you are not getting any major benefits is what i think, BUT on the other hand it will not cause any major damage under normal circumstances. Basically its not the correct oil and NOT worth the money spend.
Old 30th September 2008, 14:54   #291
BHPian

Quote:
I came across MOBIL 1 recommendation from a Team BHP thread. In that case will that have any adverse effect on my engine?I got the oil change done at SITARAM MASS in Trichur, They too confirmed that MOBIL 1 will be the best option.

5W50 is better than 15W40 recommended by Maruti for Swift-D
5W will hold viscosity upto 5deg Cent as opposed to 15W which holds upto 15deg Cent.
Unless you are going towards Himalayas, you dont need a 5W oil, and not worth the extra money.
You didnt do damage to your vehicle. So dont worry.
Old 30th September 2008, 16:02   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5W will hold viscosity upto 5deg Cent as opposed to 15W which holds upto 15deg Cent.
Unless you are going towards Himalayas, you dont need a 5W oil, and not worth the extra money.
No that is not how your interpret these numbers. 0W oil is tested at -35 Deg C. A 5W and -30 deg C and 10W and -25 Deg C. read more about the same. read more about the grade in Motor oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Also it is not just temp. grade which is important, API standards are more important. For example Mobil Delvac MX 15W40 meets API CI-4 standards while mobil 1 0W40 meets API CF-4 standards only. Swift D needs a Min of API CH-4 oil.
Old 30th September 2008, 20:04   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Mobil 1 is OK but you are not getting any major benefits is what i think, BUT on the other hand it will not cause any major damage under normal circumstances. Basically its not the correct oil and NOT worth the money spend.
Thanks pal, i was very much worried after you told of the wrong oil. How much does the MOBIL DELVAC cost per liter? and what the exact spec of engine oil to buy from MOBIL DELVAC?? I got the present oil at dealer price and saved Rs. 1000.00 on the retail price for 4 liter on the name of TEAM BHP. Will tell you how some other day.

Quote:
Thanks pal !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
No that is not how your interpret these numbers. 0W oil is tested at -35 Deg C. A 5W and -30 deg C and 10W and -25 Deg C. read more about the same. read more about the grade in Motor oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Also it is not just temp. grade which is important, API standards are more important. For example Mobil Delvac MX 15W40 meets API CI-4 standards while mobil 1 0W40 meets API CF-4 standards only. Swift D needs a Min of API CH-4 oil.
Thats a great info pal. Thank you.
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:54   #294
BHPian

Definitely one of the best threads on the forum, IMO.

This may be slightly OT, but my LDi is due for the first (1000Km / 1 month) service at Vitesse (Prabhadevi workshop) in Mumbai. Any one used them before? Could you share something about the service experience?
Old 6th October 2008, 20:25   #295
Senior - BHPian

4th service cost 5k plus for my friend's VDi. They charged 650Rs or so for cleaning intercooler among other stuff.

My Safari's @ 15k cost just 2-2.5k!

Was he overcharged?
Old 7th October 2008, 08:58   #296
Senior - BHPian

5k is a bit on the higher side, low to high 4k's are the norm for a DDiS 20k service, if you do nothing outside normal service. Intercooler cleaning seems to be hogwash, I don't think it is mentioned in the manual, neither do I think the dealer did it.
Old 14th October 2008, 01:44   #297
BHPian

OT : - Jaggu Bhai I Have lost the Swoosh on my Vdi how do I get it back ? where can it be found ? it's done just 14,000km and the turbo whine or is it he BOV dosen't seem to be there anymore, 140kmph was a breeze now it takes an eternity ? what should I do ? help.
Old 14th October 2008, 09:44   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

My Safari's @ 15k cost just 2-2.5k!
What all was done? Oil change included?
Old 14th October 2008, 09:45   #299
Senior - BHPian

Airfilter cleaning and maybe a round of System D. Overdue for my car too!
Old 15th October 2008, 10:43   #300
Team-BHP Support

@muneem: check air cleaner
@s0uljah: i dumped the System D, it doesnt help in DDIS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks