Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 14:45   #301
BHPian

Hey Jaggu,

What's your odo reading? I am due for the 35K servicing and I notice that there is a funny noise from the front right suspension. Especially while doing low speeds on rough roads, it's like something is loose. Took it to the dealership couple of months back, but they couldn't fix it. If anyone could help me on this, probably i can tell the service engineer what to check for.

Thanks,
Anshu
Old 16th October 2008, 14:53   #302
Team-BHP Support

am on snail pace these days with odo, 22k i guess. Ask them to check strut and balance rod bushes, 40k would be a good point to do a front suspension overhaul.
Old 16th October 2008, 15:06   #303
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Ask them to check strut and balance rod bushes, 40k would be a good point to do a front suspension overhaul.
1- What should be checked with the strut and bushes ? I mean, what could be wrong and what can be done ? Is it repairable or will something have to be replaced ? Covered under warranty ?

2- Front suspension overhaul - What is done in this ?

Costs ?

Sorry for too many questions, some of which might not be valid or stupid but come from a noob !!
Old 16th October 2008, 15:48   #304
BHPian

Quote:
am on snail pace these days with odo, 22k i guess. Ask them to check strut and balance rod bushes, 40k would be a good point to do a front suspension overhaul.
Sure you have slowed down, If i remember we had hit the 10K mark at around the same time.
Thanks, will ask for that during the 40K service. Hope it does not leave a big hole in my pocket.
Old 16th October 2008, 15:57   #305
Team-BHP Support

ans 1) if the bushes are damaged, broken. Visual as well as manual inspection might be required.

ans 2) The front strut unit is removed and rubber parts replaced, and the unit is lubricated and fitted back. Alignment will have to be set at the end of the job.

MASS should be charging the standard labor charges plus parts for this, approx 500-600 bucks per strut.
Old 17th October 2008, 00:32   #306
BHPian

Called up Petes Today they said they have a Replacement Discbrake rotor for 22K and it will increase the braking efficiency by 30%, sounds good anyone done it yet ? they also had rear disc conversion kit for swift but it was priced upwards of 1.25lakhs. and they also have some bush kits called powerflex it might be worth checking out if you are going for a suspension overhaul.

Last edited by muneemmk : 17th October 2008 at 00:37.
Old 17th October 2008, 00:36   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
5k is a bit on the higher side, low to high 4k's are the norm for a DDiS 20k service, if you do nothing outside normal service. Intercooler cleaning seems to be hogwash, I don't think it is mentioned in the manual, neither do I think the dealer did it.
How can we check the intercooler story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
OT : - Jaggu Bhai I Have lost the Swoosh on my Vdi how do I get it back ? where can it be found ? it's done just 14,000km and the turbo whine or is it he BOV dosen't seem to be there anymore, 140kmph was a breeze now it takes an eternity ? what should I do ? help.
MASS service are the same everywhere in Tvm. They never clean the air fiiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
What all was done? Oil change included?
Just that,. 7.5 lit of oil plus filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Airfilter cleaning and maybe a round of System D. Overdue for my car too!
Quote:
@muneem: check air cleaner
@s0uljah: i dumped the System D, it doesnt help in DDIS
Thought SystemD works the same on all diesels with normal diesel.
Old 17th October 2008, 00:55   #308
BHPian

Removing the bumper is real easy in on a swift,remove and check weather there is still dirt in the intercooler from a roadside workshop, if there is anything in there go to the MASS and make the customer care manager blow the dust from intercooler (with his mouth maybe) even then 650 bucks is insanely overcharged.
Old 17th October 2008, 07:27   #309
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Hey Jaggu,

What's your odo reading? I am due for the 35K servicing and I notice that there is a funny noise from the front right suspension. Especially while doing low speeds on rough roads, it's like something is loose. Took it to the dealership couple of months back, but they couldn't fix it. If anyone could help me on this, probably i can tell the service engineer what to check for.

Thanks,
Anshu
does the sound come when the steering is slightly turned while on rough roads, or even when the steering is dead straight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Thanks, will ask for that during the 40K service. Hope it does not leave a big hole in my pocket.
if its just an inspection+tightening and cleaning, the total bill for the whole service should be below 4000

Old 17th October 2008, 08:58   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
MASS service are the same everywhere in Tvm. They never clean the air fiiter
Thought SystemD works the same on all diesels with normal diesel.
Swift D air filters need not be cleaned. It is clearly specified in the owners manual. You need to change them every 20000 km though.

System D does work on my Swift D. Gives a smoother ride and a km or so more FE.
Old 17th October 2008, 09:02   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
if its just an inspection+tightening and cleaning, the total bill for the whole service should be below 4000
Entire 20K service and much more is done in 40K service (Water pump belt gets replaced, brake pads might get replaced). expect a bill of over 5000 rs.
Old 17th October 2008, 10:39   #312
BHPian

Quote:
@s0uljah: i dumped the System D, it doesnt help in DDIS
It sees to be working for me.
I changed oil at scheduled 1K, and after that, I started experiencing roughness at around 7K. I contemplated oil change, but finally didnt.
For last 2/3 tank fulls, I used SystemD and it give smoothness. The roughness, which I was experiencing is gone. No change in FE though. I am at 8.5K now, and might use till 9K, and stop using systemD.
Possibly intermittent use of SystemD is good?
Or inconsistency in using is bad?
Any experience on it?

thanks.
Old 17th October 2008, 11:45   #313
Team-BHP Support

What i meant by System D doesnt work: the pitter patter is less/subdued but i lost the turbo woosh and that aint healthy for me.

For Direct Diesel Injection engines i dont think any manufacturer including Tata recommending the same, Condor also mentioned something similar when i met him.

Also air filter "can" be cleaned since our indian conditions are not really great for them, this one really makes a difference.
Old 18th October 2008, 05:11   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
How can we check the intercooler story?
If you know the dealer, then believe him in good faith. Can someone check the manual once again and tell us whether intercooler cleaning is part of 20k service? I would have made the dealer do it, had I discovered it part of service.

Maybe there was an issue with this particular car that warranted cleaning, let's hope it had and the cleaning solved it.
Old 19th October 2008, 17:51   #315
BANNED

My swift D is ten days old.can any one let me know you all are experiencing a noise when the rpm touches around 1600 - 2200?? is it the turbo opening sound?

Also let me what will be the cost of rear light and painting the rear bumper.my friend hit it on a post while reversing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks