Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:23   #331
BHPian

hey guys i have a white Swift Dezire Vdi, i am experiencing that funny suspension noise too.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-31032008.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2008, 13:51   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
hey guys i have a white Swift Dezire Vdi, i am experiencing that funny suspension noise too.

Could you explain more about the issue you are facing? Looks like your ride is brand new. Get it corrected immediately.
Old 23rd October 2008, 19:49   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post

is it a "khatak" sound from the rear.as if the wheel jumped from a height?
if it is so,reduce the tyre pressure.i reduced thr tyre pressure from 33 psi to 29psi and donot get the sound now.

ankit jhamb
Old 26th October 2008, 07:15   #334
rippergeo

Had my intercooler cleaned out at autoteam MSM the day before, the whoosh is back.
I was not satisfied with the explanation, but the effect is noticeable.
cost me 250rs. in labour and fitting charges.

other work done-
front right fender dent levelling and repainting-1800(skidded in the rain)
bumper dent levelling and repainting-free(unexpected off roading)

I was told that the engine oil had been overfilled, and that it had entered the intercooler. I was with them when the oil was being filled, and had made sure that they had put in only 3 litres.
I was told that some engines take only 2.9l even though OEM specs say 3.1l
apparently my car is one of those.
I didnt have the time to hang around and see the work being done this time on the IC, so dont know if i should believe it.
However, it cost me only 250rs and the mother in law is suitably terrified like before, when the engine touches 2000rpm, so something obviously worked!

Old 26th October 2008, 11:44   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I was told that the engine oil had been overfilled, and that it had entered the intercooler. I was with them when the oil was being filled, and had made sure that they had put in only 3 litres.
I was told that some engines take only 2.9l even though OEM specs say 3.1l
apparently my car is one of those.
Engine specs has engine oil sump capacity as 3.3L and not 3.1L. DDIS engines take 3 L oil without any issues. At times when oil is drained when the engine/ tourbo is hot then there is residue oil throughout the system. hence there was a overfill. Next time ensure that the 99% of oil is emptied before filling up the oil again. this takes a while 10-15 min when the engine is hot hence the mechanics do not want to wait.
Old 26th October 2008, 13:12   #336
BHPian

@rippergeo : I know this is slightly off topic. But need to ask. Im getting a new Swift Vdi and i need a good service centre for my later paid services. How is the autoteam service centre in cochin?? how are the charges there? and where is it located??
Old 28th October 2008, 22:28   #337
Team-BHP Support

OT again, dont tell me you are going to goto cochin from tvm to get servicing done? what happened to the populars and indus out there in tvm? are they that bad?
Old 30th October 2008, 00:33   #338
BHPian

now im somewhere between tvm and cochin, so yea i dont want to do indus paid services because i heard the service isnt good. dont want to risk,thats all
Old 30th October 2008, 11:47   #339
Senior - BHPian

is it the khatak sound or rather the kharrrrrrrrrrr sound when you apply brakes? there are no dearth of sounds in this car
Old 2nd November 2008, 06:51   #340
BHPian

Jaggu, I was going through the 20k service deatils for your swift. My swift is due for the 20k service in sometime.

I was particulary interested in the suspension inspection and re torquing you got done then. The issue I have started facing is the under chassis has started to touch when I go over road humps which I could easily go over before with full car loaded with passengers. Basically the ground clearance has reduced.

Your sugegstions this please?
Old 2nd November 2008, 19:28   #341
Team-BHP Support

Its re torquing all the suspension nuts and bolts back BUT it will not help you improve GC. Are you sure the road conditions havent changed near the bumps?

Suspension sagging can happen but not sure at 20k kms???
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:33   #342
BHPian

The road conditions are the same near the bumps. Never overloaded the car. Driving on bad stretches has been a little agressive on highways. Just a little concerned whether it might have affected the suspension which might have brought the GC down.
Old 3rd November 2008, 08:39   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
is it the khatak sound or rather the kharrrrrrrrrrr sound when you apply brakes? there are no dearth of sounds in this car
GeekSrik, keep at this and pretty soon this will be a common sight at the dealers

Owner: I'm getting a khatak sound from the car.
Mechanic: Are you sure it's not a kharrrrr sound?
Owner: Of course, I know the sounds my Swift makes.

Mechanic to his supervisor: Sir, this owner is reporting a khatak sound. However Maruti adviced us that only the kharrrr sound is an inbuilt feature.
Supervisor: Do you think the Swift 2008 models also have the kharrrr sound incorporated now?

Mechanic (to the customer): Sir, Maruti will look into this and update once they go through their encyclopaedia of sounds the Swift is allowed to make.
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:05   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Great, RufRoc!
Old 5th November 2008, 12:15   #345
Team-BHP Support

Been too lazy to sort out the door setting gone bad after last service, lesson learned dont mess with it if it aint broken

Trip meter showing 420 kms and fuel guage at half mark complete city drive 60% AC but 100% windows up, really puts a smile on ones face.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks