Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2009, 00:54   #481
Senior - BHPian

Good one Jaggu.

Thats a lot of stuff in there.

Q. Will these get inside only via rats only and/or if we don't use recirculation mode?
Old 2nd March 2009, 10:27   #482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Q. Will these get inside only via rats only and/or if we don't use recirculation mode?
Paper is definitely thanks to the rats house building effort, rest of the stuff is due to my parking facility in office, and the trees shed leafs

Its a pain, though i clean the engine bay and the firewall area, leaves & twigs do get inside the blower exhaust duct, and when the recirculation flap is accidentally moved everything fall inside the fan.

Good news is since its the cylindrical fin type, the stuff most of the time remains inside the fan.

My advise dont touch the recirculation flap switch, i think ill put a tape over it so that the service guys also dont flip it, this is what happens to me. Every time i give for service while they clean the dash, they will switch the flap ON and all the stuff gets inside
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:42   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Paper is definitely thanks to the rats house building effort, rest of the stuff is due to my parking facility in office, and the trees shed leafs
Do you keep your AC/fan switched on so that it comes on as soon as you start the engine?

I usually turn it off on arriving home, and don't turn it on until some of heated air inside the car has been blown out of open windows. There is always leaves under the car; I never thought of it, but I hope my habit might help not to have them in the blower system!
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:56   #484
Team-BHP Support

Switching the fan ON or OFF doesnt matter as long as the recirculation mode is ON. Even when you switch OFF the ignition, the flap is held closed. Its only when the recirculation is switched OFF that leafs gets in, this can happen even without fan ON and if the vehicle is moving. Leaf and twigs fall on top of the flap and when its opened fall inside.

Hence i want to put a DIY metal mesh with a filter to stop stuff from falling into the fan, i think they have a provision inside the unit (just below the flap) for filter which has been blanked out with a black plastic cover. My plan is to put a wire mesh on top (outside near the fire wall) and then see if i can get hold of filter from another car and install it inside, so that filtration happens irrespective its exhaust or recirculation.

Need to check out if Zxi comes with a filter, then it should be a direct fit.
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:51   #485
Distinguished - BHPian

It seems strange. Maybe it is one of the ways in which the cost of the car has been lowered for our market?
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:44   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Guys this is a very simple DIY, just 3 screws and one connector, as i said earlier removing the glove box is also not required. Only difficult part is doing some yoga pose to get under the dash

Appreciate the comments so far.
There you go. The project itself looks easy but Yoga position is the toughest part for me in this DIY
Old 10th March 2009, 08:31   #487
RMB
BHPian

Hi Jaggu, thanking you in advance for using your thread

Guys, Wanting to ask this from long time, but waited to get my VDi (Completed 25,000) serviced from different dealer. The turbo kick in my car does not work as in other VDi's I have driven. The kick is very linear and the acceleration is also slow. I used to get the car serviced in RNS hosur road. But they where not able to correct it. Infact I feel they have done some changes to the setting as the behaviour changed immediately after first service. Before that the car was very peppy.

I got it serviced at 25,000 from RNS yeswantpur few days back. No doubt the car has become smooth, but turbo kick has still mellowed down. Infact now I have to see at what rpm I'm and feel some turbo spool up at 2400 rpm. On highway I cant make out the difference as speeds are high and car performs well. But in city it sometimes becomes as pain. I told the service advisor about this, but he said nothing much can be tuned in Diesels apart from general filter cleaning. He took test drive and accepted the lack of acceleration and blamed me that I did not follow the run in period properly. I think its just crap. I infact never crossed 3K rpm for first 3000Km as it is not needed to over rev at all.

What could be the possible problem? Please provide your inputs..
Old 10th March 2009, 11:03   #488
Team-BHP Support

Check all the turbo plumbing for leakage, check if engine oil is at the correct mark. Check the accelerator sensor.

And a very silly question, what tires are you running and what PSI? If stock, try putting 36 in front and 33 in rear and see if you feel any difference.

EDIT: Lil birdie told 185 70 14 so PSI should be 34F and 32R.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th March 2009 at 11:06.
Old 10th March 2009, 14:08   #489
RMB
BHPian

Thanks Jaggu...guess I'll get the turbo plumbing and accelerator sensor checked. Ya the tires are 185/70R14 with 34F and 32R PSI.
Old 13th March 2009, 10:48   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
Completed my 40000 Km service at 40527 kms 2 days back.
Done at Indus, Kakkanad, Kochi.
Total invoice amount is Rs. 8553.00
Along with regular replacements and paid service, I have done a complete A/C Servicing, Brakes Overhaul and Body Polishing. Also Steering column was removed and they have done something, which has now removed my thuds from the steering rod bottom, while driving through potholes.

Amounts are as follows (all rounded to nearest whole number)
Parts:
Element, Air Cleaner - Rs. 230 (Air Filter)
Exchange Filter - Rs. 843 (Fuel Filter)
Oil Filter - Rs. 334
Diff. Oil Seal - Rs 59
Engine Oil - (3.1L) - Rs. 523
Gasket Oil Drain - Rs. 8
Plug Assy, Oil Drain - Rs.57
Coolant - Rs. 209
Mount, Front Stabilizer (2 nos) - Rs.33
Gear Oil (2.5 L)- Rs. 779
Brake Fluid (250 ml)- Rs. 138
VAT on all of the above - Rs. 397

Labor charges:
40 K Km paid service - Rs. 625
Brake overhaul - Rs. 380
Wheel balancing and Alignment - Rs 500
A/C Oil, Gas Charging, Servicing - Rs.250+1250+850 = Rs. 2350
Consumables : Rs.100
Drive Shaft Oil Seal replace - Rs. 120
Stabilizer Bar Bush -Rs.240
Body Polishing - Rs.900
Service taxes on above - Rs.545
10% discount on Labor and 2% on parts. Rs.250 off with insurance renewal gift coupon.
Total : Rs.8553.
What does the above Stablizer bar mean?

I have popping sound coming from both sides while on rough roads.

I need to replace the entire stablizer bar, but i dont think it is possible to replace just the bushings.

can you explain if you know what they did?
Old 13th March 2009, 11:56   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
What does the above Stablizer bar mean?

I have popping sound coming from both sides while on rough roads.

I need to replace the entire stablizer bar, but i dont think it is possible to replace just the bushings.

can you explain if you know what they did?
As I was told by the Service Advisor, they have changed both the stabilizer bar mounts. The second entry is the labor charges for that.
Old 13th March 2009, 12:20   #492
BHPian

I have a Dzire ZDi, 8500 km, 4 months old. The ac has started making a sound for the last 4 days. It is like some paper is stuck in the blower. I run it on the auto mode always with an override on fresh air while in city. Have not been able to go the service station. What could be wrong? Please help!
Old 13th March 2009, 13:35   #493
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
I have a Dzire ZDi, 8500 km, 4 months old. The ac has started making a sound for the last 4 days. It is like some paper is stuck in the blower. I run it on the auto mode always with an override on fresh air while in city. Have not been able to go the service station. What could be wrong? Please help!
Just go back one page and you will see what would have happened, leaf or likes would have gone inside the fan.

And this means no filter for Zxi/Zdi :(
Old 13th March 2009, 14:16   #494
Senior - BHPian

jeez look at all the crud in your air filter and AC. I clean my air filter every 2k or so, and have never come across stuff like this. just dust and soot - lots of it
Old 13th March 2009, 14:52   #495
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
As I was told by the Service Advisor, they have changed both the stabilizer bar mounts. The second entry is the labor charges for that.
@abhilash- Stabilizer bar is the same as sway bar/anti roll bar right?
did you ask them why they had to change the bushes? and did it make any difference to the feel of the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks