Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 18:01   #556
Team-BHP Support

@RJ555: Could you elaborate on turbo lag please, is it the same as rippergeo's? no pull even after 2000 rpm?

Regarding clutch, ask them to bleed the hydrolic circuit, it should help.

Mileage seems to be lil on the lower side, are you a very fast driver?
Old 9th April 2009, 18:10   #557
Team-BHP Support

Does the swift have a hydraulic clutch ?
Old 9th April 2009, 19:00   #558
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Does the swift have a hydrolic clutch ?
Yes eddy it doesnt have any cable operated system in it. Correct me if iam wrong
Old 10th April 2009, 16:43   #559
TOR
BHPian

Myself own a Dzire VDi, the experience has been a little different.Now the car has run 7K+ kms.

Initially(till 1.5K) there was significant drag and this could be due to two reasons

-the rather poor performance below 2k

-or the much enhanced turbo kick which occurred at 2K(along with a change in engine sound) in all gears(including 5th)-which overshadowed the below 2K performance.

But after 1.5K the experience has been different and this could be due to two reasons

-the below 2K performance picking up(as the kms pile)

-or the turbo kick smoothing out at 2K as the 'kick' is all but disappeared in all gears except for 1st and 2nd(still present and happens at 2K).

My personal observation is that the 'kick' has smoothed out but the performance has become more linear-but remaining the same(as the acceleration still appears brisk-this is just subjective analysis as i dont have any objective data).

Have changed oil and filter at 1K and 5K and always ensured that the level is right.I have never seen smoke from the exhaust and probably if rippergeo has seen the same then the cause could be an overfill and a troubled turbo.

@Jaggu-yes the clutch is hydraulic.

@rippergeo-could you be kind enough to provide the Service Manual for the 1.3MFD-thanks

Last edited by TOR : 10th April 2009 at 16:46.
Old 10th April 2009, 17:58   #560
Team-BHP Support

Good, I thought that the hydraulic clutch was meant for bigger diesels.

So that basically means that bleeding should soften up things a bit ? Well, lemme try that at my next service at 50k.
Old 10th April 2009, 18:50   #561
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post

@rippergeo-could you be kind enough to provide the Service Manual for the 1.3MFD-thanks
its a 700mb pdf file written on a CD, which my 1 yr old son had access to while was away for the last 2 days. Unreadable now. will pester drpull for another copy after i try recovering data from it once more.

Old 10th April 2009, 18:55   #562
Team-BHP Support

Ripper Stupid thought coming to my mind -- You using too good an engine oil for the poor li'l car ?
Old 13th April 2009, 19:56   #563
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
@f50 would be nice to know how much fuel is being injected at 2500rpm or so in each gear atleast in 1st 2nd and 3rd to get a rough idea if affected cars have a fuelling problem.
Sorry for late reply.

I visited Vitesse Service Center, today, for problem similar to your's rippergeo. No pull after 2k and keeps going like naturally aspirated car. Low end was horrible. Spent like 100 mins checking here and there and going for trials. Yet no result. Tech 2 said everything is normal.
Boost pressure was 80 kpa at idle and goes till 142 kpa. Fuel pressure was around 40 something (i dont remember the unit its measured in) Also tried another Vdi and boost was kicking in at 2k and told him this is what is missing in my car. Checked again. Found nothing .

Later asked to do an engine oil change. Car seems smooth and i can feel the pull (somewhat - may be psychological?) I just hope she remains normal now (touchwood)

I asked him what if im not happy with car? He promised to book an appointment with regional engineer.
Old 13th April 2009, 20:50   #564

me too..

Hi, I too drive a Swift Vdi. I took delivery of the car on 23 Mar 09 and till date have covered 950 kms. The car will be undergoing its first service in the next few days. I have noticed some issues, which I have mentioned below. It'll be great if the experts can give their suggestions.

1) In the 1st gear, the car starts of with a jerk. This happens when the clutch is released and settles down after that. I do not experience this in the other gears.

2) I get a strange noise from the bonnet, when the rpm needle is between the 1 - 1.5 mark. The noise is like some metal part vibrating, but the vibration is not felt. This happens only when the heat indicator has reached its optimal level (the centre).

Apart from these, the car is a bliss to drive around. I feel uncomfortable if I see my Swift parked, I just want to keep driving it non-stop . I've not really tested the car for the turbo boost, but never felt the car to be sluggish. Thanks; Happy Swifting..
Old 13th April 2009, 22:14   #565
BHPian

i have got my vdi on 12 January 09 . I am in the process of learning to drive.so it has just clocked 1000kms. First service was done at 500km as my running is low and the one month time period has expired. The thing is that the car does not have any change in acceleration after 2K rpm in first gear but it is clearly evident in all the other gears(which is superb ).Do you guys get the same levels of acceleration in first gear as the other gears?
Old 13th April 2009, 22:15   #566
BHPian

geforce get the SA to look into these 2 issues.

i also get that metal sound but around 1800-2000rpm and believe its the turbo coming to life. nothing to worry on that front i guess.
Old 13th April 2009, 22:40   #567
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by geforce View Post
1) In the 1st gear, the car starts of with a jerk. This happens when the clutch is released and settles down after that. I do not experience this in the other gears.

2) I get a strange noise from the bonnet, when the rpm needle is between the 1 - 1.5 mark. The noise is like some metal part vibrating, but the vibration is not felt. This happens only when the heat indicator has reached its optimal level (the centre).
1) Ask them to check clutch and bleed the circuit if required, its a hydrolic clutch.

2) It can be diesel pitter patter, you cant do much here. OR it can be the bonnet lock which the dealer will tape to avoid the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmddis View Post
I am in the process of learning to drive.---------------
The thing is that the car does not have any change in acceleration after 2K rpm in first gear but it is clearly evident in all the other gears(which is superb ).
You will get the same level of thrust but will tapper of fast due to tall gearing, ie if you floor in first gear. But careful you can lose control esp if you are in the car driving learning mode, do it in an open space and hold on to the steering Strap up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Sorry for late reply.

I visited Vitesse Service Center, today, for problem similar to your's rippergeo. No pull after 2k and keeps going like naturally aspirated car. Low end was horrible. Spent like 100 mins checking here and there and going for trials. Yet no result. Tech 2 said everything is normal.
------------------
Later asked to do an engine oil change. Car seems smooth and i can feel the pull (somewhat - may be psychological?) I just hope she remains normal now (touchwood)

I asked him what if im not happy with car? He promised to book an appointment with regional engineer.
Yours can be a very definite goof up at 10k service as i mentioned, either they put wrong oil or the quantity was wrong OR both together!

Anyways watch for couple of days and next time get that appointment with regional service engineer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
i also get that metal sound but around 1800-2000rpm and believe its the turbo coming to life. nothing to worry on that front i guess.
Nope refer my earlier reply and this is NOT turbo, if its turbo you have a problem in hand!

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th April 2009 at 22:41.
Old 13th April 2009, 23:22   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Nope refer my earlier reply and this is NOT turbo, if its turbo you have a problem in hand!
it has to be the diesel pitter patter because i have heard the same in other swift D also. and the pickup is fine as well. so its not the turbo my mistake

Last edited by white_vdi : 13th April 2009 at 23:24.
Old 14th April 2009, 09:04   #569

noise..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
1) Ask them to check clutch and bleed the circuit if required, its a hydrolic clutch.

2) It can be diesel pitter patter, you cant do much here. OR it can be the bonnet lock which the dealer will tape to avoid the sound.

@white vdi and @Jaggu - Thanks a lot.

For the clutch issue, I'll instruct the technician as you said.

I doubt the vibration noise issue would be from the turbo or the diesel pitter patter. I've started to experience this only after 600 kms.
@Jaggu, I'll try with the bonnet open to check whether the bonnet screws are the culprits.

Thanks again..
Old 14th April 2009, 10:14   #570
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by geforce View Post
[b]
@Jaggu, I'll try with the bonnet open to check whether the bonnet screws are the culprits.

Thanks again..
Its not bonnet screws, the lock which holds the front of the bonnet shut, its a metal ring kinda thingy and some tape inside it will definitely help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks