Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 19:38   #1306
Team-BHP Support

Vehicle already has connectors which can be hooked up to the OE unit, hence no clipping of wires. For after market stuff you might either need to get those connectors or splice the wires to wire up.
Old 18th May 2010, 19:51   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
hi
which central lock is better for swift vdi? maruti showroom in davangere quotes around rs 5500 and in outside market price is around 2800. maruti guys say, they dont do wiring, they just do clipping etc which i did not understand. pls suggest which one to go for?
You are talking about the security system right? Maruti offers Nippon brand as their MGA and its for Rs.5500. I installed Autocop outside as soon as I got the delivery. It costed me Rs.2800. Go for it.
Old 19th May 2010, 09:57   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Cost was 13200.
Apologies for the wrong price, it's 13580 without tax.
Old 20th May 2010, 11:18   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Are you sure it is a complete 5 years replacement warranty and not the other type of warranty (pro-rata warranty or something like that after 3 years)
Yes, The Pro-rata warranty is for the cheaper model of Amaron named Amaron FLO.
Old 20th May 2010, 22:41   #1310
BANNED

has anyone come across a steering noise while going on a slight bump in your swifts?

I got it once in 10k km and CARS India rectified it free of cost and now last week (27 k kms) i got it and now too it was rectified.The service advisor said it is because of the steering grease packing.

How this doenst pop up again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Changed it because of scratches ? Too drastic IMO.

Where did you get the new one from ?

Quote:
+1 Eddy
Yea, you could have got it fixed at the local paint shop, good filler with some sanding and painting would have done the trick.

From CARS india (***)chennai

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st May 2010 at 23:32. Reason: Back to back posts, EDIT the original post instead. Thanks
Old 21st May 2010, 23:33   #1311
Team-BHP Support

Steering damper noise in mul vehicles is a pain, tightening or re-greasing the damper helps for a while, then it comes back. Wonder why they have not been able to figure it out till date!!!
Old 23rd May 2010, 02:15   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
so, finally the rat is out. our local MASS guy cleared it.he had to remove all the dash board etc. he suggested always keep the vent (which is for the intake of fresh air) closed and open it only for few minutes while driving. his take- rat came from that way. bill- rs 1000.
Too bad. Just one month after getting my dzire same thing happened to me. Some sound in the blower....after few days sound increases...after some days some horrible smell. Took car to MASS (auto hitech..from where I had bought my dzire and alto and always take for service even wash from then on). They discovered that two rats (the female one was expecting babies) made a nest with plastics inside the blower case and probably they thought they have made a nice secure dry nest in the monsoon to get their babies and in the process sealed all outlets and choked to death. I still feel sorry for them. But anyway MASS didn't charge anything for removal of the rats and cleaning the area with dettol and some disinfected spray.
And your MASS charging Rs1000 that's astonishingly unfair to you.
Old 23rd May 2010, 19:11   #1313
vsh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
But anyway MASS didn't charge anything for removal of the rats and cleaning the area with dettol and some disinfected spray.
And your MASS charging Rs1000 that's astonishingly unfair to you.
my MASS is not a showroom, only sercive station, and its only second time i got into their workshop. usually all service etc are done in HUBLI showroom from where i bought the car. that might be the reason for the higher charge.
Old 23rd May 2010, 22:17   #1314
BHPian

I have a Swift VDI (5 months old). Is it recommended to do the anti rust treatment, for the monsoon ?
Old 25th May 2010, 00:47   #1315
Team-BHP Support

Go ahead a good antirust is always a good thing to do before the rains, especially if you dont clean the underbody regularly.
Old 26th May 2010, 10:21   #1316
BHPian

Bad mileage

Hi guys, after the 70K service I have noticed that the fuel economy has dropped considerably. I used to get an average economy of 19-20 KM/L now it has dropped to 16.7 KM/L. I changed the fuel station just to verify and had similar results. What are the factors that could affect the economy. Other than the service, there have been no changes. Air pressure is the same so is the driver. During acceleration, I feel I am missing the turbo a bit and feel that the car is revving a bit extra with no visible speed gain. I can just think of the clutch giving way supported by some juddering incidents i had in 1st gear.

I would love to have your views and suggestions on this.

Thanks!
Old 26th May 2010, 10:23   #1317
BANNED

Quote:
I would love to have your views and suggestions on this.
Looks like the clutch is on its last legs.

What does the Service Center say?
Old 26th May 2010, 10:26   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Looks like the clutch is on its last legs.

What does the Service Center say?
How I wish they would say something, they said all was fine. I will insist they check the clutch this time. How long does a clutch usually last on these diesel cars?
Old 26th May 2010, 10:29   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
How I wish they would say something, they said all was fine. I will insist they check the clutch this time. How long does a clutch usually last on these diesel cars?

70k is good. My car has gone half of yours and I am getting the juddering in first gear already !! But again thats because I push the car too often ! What would clutch replacement cost , any idea ?
Old 26th May 2010, 11:25   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
70k is good. My car has gone half of yours and I am getting the juddering in first gear already !! But again thats because I push the car too often ! What would clutch replacement cost , any idea ?
Oh! you have already started experiencing the juddering? that was fast :-)
I have no clue on the cost, will get the details soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks