Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 18:05   #1366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Am sorry but i really dont have a solution, but to advice you to find another competent MASS who will give it a try. Mine is one of the first lot Vdi's and going to touch 45k. So far i haven't faced any issue with increasing vibration etc.

How are the tyres? Worn out tyres can leave you with a very awkward feeling inside the cabin.

Plus one on that Jaggu, I too own a swift from the initial lot and have covered 78K Kms. I haven't had any such issues.
Just for the record I had lot of starting trouble over the weekend, The starter just refused to crank. Got the starter serviced and carbon brushes replaced. I shall post the costing details as soon as I have them. The Car starts just like new now, the crisp starter sound is back
Old 7th July 2010, 23:53   #1367
BHPian

Guys I've a problem! My car is shelling out hell lot of black smoke under hard acceleration. I reported this problem to the SA during the 50K service last week, and he recommended de-carbonization. Even after de-carbing it, there is no difference. Neither me nor the Pratham SA has been able to figure out the reason for this. What could it be?!

Last edited by asethi : 7th July 2010 at 23:55.
Old 8th July 2010, 00:56   #1368
Team-BHP Support

1) Get the EGR cleaned during the next service.

2) Use normal fuel

3) Clean / change the air filter.
Old 8th July 2010, 01:10   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
1) Get the EGR cleaned during the next service.

2) Use normal fuel

3) Clean / change the air filter.
I was told that EGR cleaning has been done as part of de-carbing. And I've been using normal IOC diesel from the same pump for last 2 years.
The air filter thing can be looked at, but not sure how mych will that help!
Old 8th July 2010, 10:37   #1370
BHPian

What is the standard interval for EGR cleaning? Mine is approaching 30K service in few weeks.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:58   #1371
Team-BHP Support

EGR is advised to be cleaned every 30k according to the service manual.
Old 8th July 2010, 12:16   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
I was told that EGR cleaning has been done as part of de-carbing. And I've been using normal IOC diesel from the same pump for last 2 years.
The air filter thing can be looked at, but not sure how mych will that help!
EGR cleaning is a procedure by itself and isn't done as a part of de-carbing. De-carb is just a gimmick, they claim to use an additive and run the engine. EGR cleaning is recommended @30000 Kms, you can check your service manual for the same.

Cheers,
Anshu
Old 8th July 2010, 22:20   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
EGR cleaning is a procedure by itself and isn't done as a part of de-carbing. De-carb is just a gimmick, they claim to use an additive and run the engine. EGR cleaning is recommended @30000 Kms, you can check your service manual for the same.

Cheers,
Anshu
That means these guys took me for a ride for 1200 bucks!
Yeah I saw the manual, and agreed to the de-carbing as he specifically told me that EGR cleaning will be done.
Old 12th July 2010, 16:17   #1374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
That means these guys took me for a ride for 1200 bucks!
Yeah I saw the manual, and agreed to the de-carbing as he specifically told me that EGR cleaning will be done.
Does your bill state 1200 For EGR cleaning? and there should be some gaskets replaced too. I have posted the details on page 80
Old 12th July 2010, 20:52   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Does your bill state 1200 For EGR cleaning? and there should be some gaskets replaced too. I have posted the details on page 80
Bill says 1200 for de-carbing, and the SA told me this procedure also included EGR cleaning.
Old 21st July 2010, 00:52   #1376
BHPian

Completed the 50K Mark!

My car recently completed 50K kms without any hiccups so far!
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-14072010132001.jpg

But a few moments after clicking this photo, my car met with an accident. Left rear door and running board badly damaged after hitting a cement pole while trying to avoid head-on collision with the oncoming bus in the wrong lane..

Initially I didn't give it for repairs for a week, but then the damaged part started rusting as the paint was gone. Since then my car is still lying with Pratham Motors for repairs. I was expected to get the car back today, but got a call in the morning that the painting job they had done did not match rest of the car, so it has to be repainted. Hoping to get it tomorrow.
Old 21st July 2010, 01:02   #1377
Team-BHP Support

Really sorry to hear that Ankush. Don't worry these things happen and you are safe, vehicle will come back as good as new
Old 21st July 2010, 23:21   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Really sorry to hear that Ankush. Don't worry these things happen and you are safe, vehicle will come back as good as new
Yeah absolutely right Jaggu! Got my car back today, really looks as good as new!
And whole expenses borne by the insurance, just had to pay Rs.500 as claim charges!

Last edited by asethi : 21st July 2010 at 23:23.
Old 27th July 2010, 16:01   #1379
BHPian

[quote=asethi;
But a few moments after clicking this photo, my car met with an accident. Left rear door and running board badly damaged after hitting a cement pole while trying to avoid head-on collision with the oncoming bus in the wrong lane..

Initially I didn't give it for repairs for a week, but then the damaged part started rusting as the paint was gone. Since then my car is still lying with Pratham Motors for repairs. I was expected to get the car back today, but got a call in the morning that the painting job they had done did not match rest of the car, so it has to be repainted. Hoping to get it tomorrow.[/quote]

One word of advice, never trust pratham as they have a nack for messing up things, especially repairs and painting. This has been my personal experience.
Old 28th July 2010, 09:54   #1380
BHPian

At what interval of km do you go for swift D oil change . Maruti recommends 10000 km . So i need to know which option is better . mine has just clocked 250 kms .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks