Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:08   #1291
BHPian

Bad Times for my car

1st the Oil leak and now alternator failure . The Alternator bearings had worn out and there is no way that they can be changed. The solution is the alternator needs to be replaced. Swift comes with either Lucas or x brand alternator(Just skipped my mind). The Lucas alternator has no such hassles but to my bad luck I have brand x. The Great MASS guys, tried to use their heads to change the bearings and messed the alternator totally and do not have a new one in stock. The alternator is expected sometime this week.

The *** where I give it for service had verified from MUL that the alternator needs to be replaced. He had taken my car to MASS just to get the complaint registered as *** is not authorized for warranty claims. And great MASS have ended up screwing my car, it has been a week now that these bunch of morons have created a mess. It really scares me to leave our prized vehicles in the hands of uneducated morons.
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:24   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Today went for 25000kms service.
Are you getting your cars service done at every 5K km otherwise service should be due at 30K

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Asked SA to check the rattles in the rear right door. He said it is done but when returning the rattles also returned. Man this is getting on my nerves.
I would say rattles in swift doors are eminent I have seen in many swifts, it is there in mine too, If you get a permanant solution let me know as well

Cheers
Dilip
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:27   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Bought the AMARON PRO DIN74 with 5year replacement warranty for Rs.8000.00 after exchange of old Exide. Let me see if the starting trouble goes . .
Seems price for swift battery is very high...... and does it last for 5 years???????? means you would only change once in your swift ownership ...... because stock battery will last at least 2-2.5 years and then this one makes it to 7.5 years of ownership, One tend to sell his vehicle after this much time.......
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:11   #1294
vsh
BHPian

hi
i am facing a problem with my dzire vdi ac. when i switch on the blower, it sounds like something is stuck there inside. today i just could not take the bad smell coming out of it. local MASS guy says it may be rat dead inside and has to remove all dashboard and check it.

my nearest RNS service is at HUBLI(from where i bought the car. 100km from my place). my problem is - is it ok to give it to local MASS guy?. is this a big problem to be sorted out by EXPERTS? or our local MASS here at sirsi can do it efficiently? pls help me with it. its urgent-tomorrow i have to get it solved.
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:42   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
hi
i am facing a problem with my dzire vdi ac. when i switch on the blower, it sounds like something is stuck there inside. today i just could not take the bad smell coming out of it. local MASS guy says it may be rat dead inside and has to remove all dashboard and check it.

my nearest RNS service is at HUBLI(from where i bought the car. 100km from my place). my problem is - is it ok to give it to local MASS guy?. is this a big problem to be sorted out by EXPERTS? or our local MASS here at sirsi can do it efficiently? pls help me with it. its urgent-tomorrow i have to get it solved.
Dead rat inside ac blower tubes is a possible case once it was discoverd in my friends indica and foul smell was too much when he used to switch n AC.
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:33   #1296
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi
its urgent-tomorrow i have to get it solved.
A friend of mine had the rat issue in his swift. In his case the blower was just making noise, but hadn't reached the smell stage.

The local AC walla took out the rat without removing the dash or blower.

So in case your guy hasn't even tried using his hand, it might be worth a shot.
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:55   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
local MASS guy says it may be rat dead inside and has to remove all dashboard and check it.
I understood the problem you are facing, I had experienced it before

My 800 had a rat inside my dashboard some where, and cleaned by Pratham guys. I spent around 600/- that time.. They advised me not to park near drainage.
Old 4th May 2010, 19:27   #1298
vsh
BHPian

so, finally the rat is out. our local MASS guy cleared it.he had to remove all the dash board etc. he suggested always keep the vent (which is for the intake of fresh air) closed and open it only for few minutes while driving. his take- rat came from that way. bill- rs 1000.
Old 4th May 2010, 19:36   #1299
Team-BHP Support

Rats are a pain, next time see if your mass can add a metal mesh at the intake side. They will have to remove the wiper arm and the plastic trim to access this area. This will keep the leads also away from the fan.
Old 4th May 2010, 21:47   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
Seems price for swift battery is very high...... and does it last for 5 years???????? means you would only change once in your swift ownership ...... because stock battery will last at least 2-2.5 years and then this one makes it to 7.5 years of ownership, One tend to sell his vehicle after this much time.......
It sure is costly . . they have replacecment warranty for 5 years, so it should work. However i wont be having my car so long, will keep the warranty card and pass it on safely to the next owner

My stock Battery lasted for 3 years and 68k kms !!
Old 15th May 2010, 01:05   #1301
BHPian

Alternator Replaced

At last I have my car back, 18 days to order and replace the alternator under warranty. It was a long wait but I had no other choice.
Old 17th May 2010, 18:24   #1302
Team-BHP Support

Any idea how much was the price for the unit and which brand did they give? And what was the cause of bearing failure?
Old 17th May 2010, 21:25   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
It sure is costly . . they have replacecment warranty for 5 years, so it should work.
Are you sure it is a complete 5 years replacement warranty and not the other type of warranty (pro-rata warranty or something like that after 3 years)
Old 18th May 2010, 13:25   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Any idea how much was the price for the unit and which brand did they give? And what was the cause of bearing failure?
No brand was mentioned in the bill, there was a part number and description stated Generator. Cost was 13200. I couldn't see the brand on the alternator.
As usual they had no explanation for the bearing failure. I was just lucky that my warranty was still valid, another 8k kilometers later, I would have to pay for the alternator.

Last edited by anshurao : 18th May 2010 at 13:28.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:06   #1305
vsh
BHPian

hi
which central lock is better for swift vdi? maruti showroom in davangere quotes around rs 5500 and in outside market price is around 2800. maruti guys say, they dont do wiring, they just do clipping etc which i did not understand. pls suggest which one to go for?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks