Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2008, 15:12   #136
Senior - BHPian

I had the parking lamp 10a fuse blow mysteriously the other day after my audio install.
Old 22nd February 2008, 20:59   #137
Senior - BHPian

Hi blorebuddy,

> As jaggu mentioned about topping up the oil without draining. How to identify > that? What will be the color of the oil after change?

Just topping up with oil won't have much of change in oil colour especially in a diesel.

But if it is an oil change, there would be a change and you would be able to see the new oil colour, albeit with / without a little black tinge to it.

Check the oil colour and feel it between your fingers. Check after the oil change. You would see and feel the difference.

I have done that with my Marina TDi. Have seen and felt the difference. Oil change intereval normally is 7500kms. Once I changed only after 10000kms. Even then the oil though black in colour, was not very thick or grainy.
Old 23rd February 2008, 21:34   #138
Team-BHP Support

Some pamper aka detailing :)

So i booked for the session with Mohan to pamper snowhite, and Mohan was very prompt to confirm the appointment day before and showed up at my door step 20 mts early. He speaks good english which is a very big positive for me, since am not very fluent with Kannada.

They arrive

He explained to me the deatils upfront on what they have planned, clarified what all i wanted and gave me an approx time estimate.

Start with cleaning the tyres, mud flaps and wheel well

Removing, dirst around the emblems, window weather strips, door locks/handles.

Look at the dirt, this inspite of me washing the emblem area 1 month back with toothbrush

And by then washing has started, to clean the dust and grime with water.

And another guy starts the interiors, shampoo brushing to remove stubborn dirt

Bumper had some slight decolaration due to grime and some nick n brusise from Bangalore roads, so some careful rubbing with Waxpol compound

and then he moved to side body lower half to tackle any tar etc etc, i had washed recently with diesel so not much work there, but yes the car turned WHITE

Shampooing was done so interiors were vacumed

And by that time dashboard was also shampooed and the ploish applied, had asked them to leave the upper part without polish to avoid reflection from sun

Door pad before polish

Then the supervisor saw that the cleaning paste is needed for the whole body since in white shade it was showing good results, mind you this is not hard core rubbing, rather soft clean up

This is removed off using banyan waste.

Now comes waxpol polish, this is applied on full body and left for some time.

First the excess wax is taken off with

By that time, Tyres and Floor mat gets attended, Vista is the recommended brand since they feel its the best and last more.

Tyre

Out comes the machine, superviser decides to use a fresh cleaning element.
Old 23rd February 2008, 21:40   #139
Team-BHP Support

Finishing touches

and round and round it goes

and

shine comes out

Now the turn of the galss, waxpol glass cleaner, could manage to remove some amount of water marks also. Got a free job done on Crv front windshield also which had major water marks.

And the detailing, this kid was good, he poked those zillion holes in the front grill and ensured each was polished, as well as the weather strip and beadings. They also ensured the door sils (including boot) was waxed and cleaned.

Promptly haded over a proper bill and again went on to explain the job, i stopped him and told him am very satisfied. Since i have a white car pics dont really do justice.
Very good job and very prompt and went out of the way to ensure things were done the way i wanted. Some swirl marks are there but i think it will be fine after a wash or two, thats how polishing works.

Now you wont believe it, same thing at a dealer will cost Rs 2000 BUT this at ones door step costed me Rs 500 !!!

I bought them a bottle of coke to keep the kewl and tipped the boys Rs 50 each. Am happy and car is shining well. Had to rush off for some errants so, final pics tomorrow amyabe after a light wash.

Accord Automobiles.

For booking: 32409935/9964301045
Old 23rd February 2008, 21:56   #140
Senior - BHPian

Thats good report with pictures. Good that he did decent job on White Swift. Both boys are hard working with interest, thats what I noticed. White small boy loves cute cars like Matiz it seems and other guy in the picture who is cleaning the glass had broken left hand I guess but still he works as Jem.

I can see Mohan is good manager. Its worth job for that cost.

Its good he charged you less amount, nice to see your kindness to pay TIPs, cokes to hard working boys.

Tomorrow after noon wash your car with plain water so it will shine more. After this work only plain water washing is enough and shining will last around couple of months they suggest us to get this work done once in 5 months for best results.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 23rd February 2008 at 21:59.
Old 23rd February 2008, 22:16   #141
BHPian

Jaggu Hi,
did they work on the car carpet also? How?

For those in mumbai interested in getting 3M interior cleaning done.Patel Auto petrol pump,SV road,goregaon West does it,900 bucks for an optra.Decent job.
Old 23rd February 2008, 22:45   #142
Team-BHP Support

Thanks again Ravi for introducing them to forum. He already has got a lead and few more i will be introducing soon.

Charges are fixed, and he didnt charge additional for seats since they were kind of clean, actually the whole car was. He was quite surprised at the clean car after the initial mop

I usually spend the sunday afternoon cleaning the same way minus the polish so they had an easy time, and yes tomorrow as usual a water wash is due. Next schedule he said he will call me.

Usually you can make out when its time while washing, if the water starts sticking on to the body that means its time for a wax coat.

I know haw hard the job is coz i do it otherwise, and hence least i can do is offer them a bottle of coke and i had asked them if they had lunch, though they said yes i doubt it

Next appointment is for Crv, i dont think paying Honda 1600-1700 is worth it.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd February 2008 at 22:56.
Old 24th February 2008, 17:04   #143
Team-BHP Support

Final finish

After a mop and Vista glass cleaner effect.

Jaggu
Old 24th February 2008, 20:47   #144
Senior - BHPian

Hey Did they clean Swift's Alloys ? I feel they are supposed to clean Alloys as well since I heard they will clean Alloys which turn brand new.

If not cleaned this time, make sure next time when they visit alloys attended.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 25th February 2008, 11:27   #145
Team-BHP Support

They cleaned the alloys, again didnt require much effort the stuff you see on the pic i posted is thanks to my pet Max, rather his markings. I didnt mop that up yday

Thank god i have alloys, those still rims would have started rusting by now lol
Old 5th March 2008, 12:02   #146
Team-BHP Support

Insurance which one is better?

Tata AIG or Maruti National Insurance?

First cut info both offer similar services and cover.

Quote: Tata calculation is at slightly higher IDV, but net premium after all discounts, is lesser

Where as Maruti Ins IDV at couple of thousands less, the lady was not ready to listen also lol, when i told her that my car came before the price hike. Eventually she gave a quote couple of 100s more than Tata Aig.

Logically Tata's offer is better, so any info on their service in case of an eventuality?
Old 5th March 2008, 12:14   #147
Team-BHP Support

Compare the number of dealers which have a cashless transaction agreement with the service providers.
Old 5th March 2008, 13:10   #148
Team-BHP Support

As i said earlier, its almost same for both the vendors.
Old 5th March 2008, 13:35   #149
BHPian

@Jaggu - I have gone for TATA AIG for my santro i made the first claim 2 months back and they were really efficient. There was no need from my side to follow up or anything else. The bill came to 21.9K and they paid 18K and i had to pay 3.9K. Overall i am satisfied with them.
Old 5th March 2008, 17:36   #150
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Rohit for the feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks