Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:00   #16
Team-BHP Support

Nice review Jaggu as always. You made me fall in love with the VDi. Whats the top speed you've done till now?
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Very good review there Jaggu - Just shows how good the Swift Diesel is. No wonder it sells so much.
Old 2nd November 2007, 13:50   #18
BHPian

Nice Read Jaggu

Hi all,

One day sitting in my 800 and seeing all the big cars going around I thought why not buy a new car. I ws trying different places to gather information about them and then one of my friends told me about team-bhp. I joined it before I completed my first thread.

After that i spent 2 weeks in my office surfing through various threads and trying to figure out which car. And then it happened, I read Jaggu's thread, I decided then and there I want a swift VDi . I booked it ( I did not even test drive , I know thats a Big No NO).

I got delivery of my car this sunday and has been going ga ga over it since then. Thanks a lot Jaggu for writing such beautiful and detailed reviews.

My impression so far.

I have already completed 200 Km on it and the car is handling awesome. I have spent close to 20 hours of travelling time in it and have been able to be cheerful about ( i guess because it a new car ). Have been able to take the car till 3000 RPM ocassionaly and normally keep it below 2500 RPM. This again on advice of the VDI thread. The car just flies off once it hits 2000 RPM and have helped me in getting out of wuite a few tight spots. The noise is a bit more , but i guess it will reduce as the car is driven around more.

Next Big Thing

The next big thing to be done in car is to get the ICE install done and again am going on suggestion of Team-BHP ICE gurus

After i got the car the first thing I did was to search for Jaggu's thread, but it was closed by then.

I guess all I am trying to say is Thanks a Lot Team-BHP and Jaggu

Thanks
Saurabh
Old 2nd November 2007, 14:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balechaparka View Post
Any new Swift diesel buyers I strongly recommend to see the threads started by Jaggu,GeekSrik,Kuntappan.
WHAT ????? Please pay attention in class, my boy !!!
Old 2nd November 2007, 14:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nearing third service myself, will do it after the Nandi hills drive. Good review man.
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

looks like one happy Owner.. Nice review Jaggu.. waiting for more..

MF-- I know why you have fallen with the FDi oops I mean VDi
Old 3rd November 2007, 14:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

hey jaggu one thing i wanted to know is your fog and rain experience. i m frustrated with this car for not having defogger, but having fog lamps, and the whole of the front windshield gets a soapy froth layer which wont go from the glass after a while .... apparently during each service the "KIND" folks at maruti introduce yet another variable into this so called gem of a car in the form of soap water inside the cleaning water holder. this brings about a useless soapiness and creates a frothy layer which wont go during rains. sick guys! so the next time, as them to fill plain water and replace the tube that comes upto the wiper.

the side windows are yet another pain. come rain and its only pain no gain. :(
srikanth.
Old 5th November 2007, 10:55   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
hey jaggu one thing i wanted to know is your fog and rain experience. i m frustrated with this car for not having defogger, but having fog lamps, and the whole of the front windshield gets a soapy froth layer which wont go from the glass after a while .... apparently during each service the "KIND" folks at maruti introduce yet another variable into this so called gem of a car in the form of soap water inside the cleaning water holder. this brings about a useless soapiness and creates a frothy layer which wont go during rains. sick guys! so the next time, as them to fill plain water and replace the tube that comes upto the wiper.

the side windows are yet another pain. come rain and its only pain no gain. :(
srikanth.
Just use good car shampoo to clean the oil and like from the windshield and the wiper blades, then use glass cleaner and dry the windshield. This will fix the issue.

I use regular sonax car shampoo inside my wiper washer can, it works fine.

Side windows, close the side vents and switch AC judiciously thats the only way out.
Old 5th November 2007, 14:36   #24
BHPian

I have good suggestion for a clear wind shield during rains.
read in BBC TOP GEAR Magazine:
Pour a Peg or two of any white spirits/alchohol ( Gin,Vodka, White Rum etc) inside your windsheild washer can.
the spirit cleans your wind shield effectively, especially during rains or when you are overtaking trucks which spay muck & deisel fume dirt.
I tried it & it works wonderfully.
But be carefull when Traffic cops check you.
Dont allow them near your windsheild, ha ha ha
Old 5th November 2007, 14:43   #25
Team-BHP Support

Service light and that nail

First a quick recap from the first trip, the low psi on front tyre became suspect after the 3rd service.

Before i proceeded for the trip to Palghat i checked the air pressure and found it low again. So at night sat with an emergency light inspecting and found a stone like thingie, tried removing it and "ssssssssssss" sound.

830 pm and ran out to the tyre shops, first the sai iyengar shop (closed), then to Goodyear tyre shop near BDA in Indira Nagar (closed), i have to leave early, and in Palghat its hartal the next day. So before i panic and make few calls, went to MRF shop and the guy was just downing the shutters.

After couple of please he agreed, it was a stupid nail. Apparently was taking a free ride since last 1000 kms, thanks to tubeless i was never stranded. FYI i passed through thick forest, during heavy heavy rains etc during this period. In short TUBELESS are a boon and i need to PURCHASE that tyre repair kit !!

Meanwhile the 3 rd service:

Had taken to Yeshwanthpur RNS and yes they indeed did a good job and worth the 3 plus hours lost commuting up and down for the service.

Issues reported:
Rattling sounds - Fixed
Front RT power window sound - Fixed
Wiper blades - they replaced one under warranty and changed the rubber of the other under warranty.

Oil, oil filter replaced.
Engine oil additive.
Diesel tank additive (3M).

Bill Rs 2000.

Gave the car at 830 am and 2 pm got a call that car was ready, the service adviser (Sachin) was really courteous and atleast understood and attended to all my request. He even waited for an additional hour in the evening for me to turn up (traffic to be blamed). Washing was good but mopping was pathetic, they left lot of smudge, on the winshield esp.

All in all i would rate them **** / 5

Service light = Due for Service ?? Not really.

Watch this space.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th November 2007 at 14:44.
Old 5th November 2007, 14:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

hmmm ... so finally you had a puncture eh??
Old 5th November 2007, 17:00   #27
BANNED

Hi ,

Finally took the delivery of my Baby on last week.After delivery immediately took the vehicle to temple and then To Sai iyengar to replace the tires and alloys.

Selected Micheline and Lenso (Geeksrik's copy paste) hahahh.

Just completed only 128KM ,Very good pick up and trying to maintain

2000 to 3000 RMP for the first 10000KM as per Team Bhpsans

suggestions.Planning to take to my home town for a long drive

400+400 KM this week.Once I come back update on with Photos
Old 5th November 2007, 19:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Wiper blades - they replaced one under warranty and changed the rubber of the other under warranty.
What was the issue with Wiper Blades?
Are they gone?
Old 5th November 2007, 21:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

I would like to know too. The wiping quality has deteriorated in my car, I believe.
Old 5th November 2007, 21:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu
Nice review. Could feel the Vdi torque while reading.
I think u are the only one running with 195/65-14 tyres which i think should be the best compromise b/w ride quality and handling.

Last edited by kpzen : 5th November 2007 at 21:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks