Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:51   #1066
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yes it will cause the sound and you need to ask the technicians to bleed the diesel line.
Will be taking the car tomorrow. Spoke to the SA over the phone but he was skeptical of an air lock coz its electronic fuel injection !
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:56   #1067
BHPian

Looks like I need to change the car battery, any suggestions? The dealer tells me only Exide has DDis batteries. Is that true?
The alternator bearings too need to be replaced, making a grinding sound. The car is past 60k Kms and all problems have started creeping up.

Last edited by anshurao : 23rd December 2009 at 16:57.
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:10   #1068
Team-BHP Support

@Eddy: Air lock at the filter, there is a bleed nut, ask them to bleed it there and see if there is a difference.

@Anshu: Check the battery thread for best makes, most of them should have the model for DDIS. Regarding alternator, did the car by any chance crossed through heavily water logged area?
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:14   #1069
BHPian

Quote:

@Anshu: Check the battery thread for best makes, most of them should have the model for DDIS. Regarding alternator, did the car by any chance crossed through heavily water logged area?
Not heavily, may be an unintentional splash. I don't think the water level was even up to the bumper. I just had a service guy come over to my office and check the car.
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:30   #1070
Team-BHP Support

Ok, splash shouldnt cause any issues, otherwise engine bay wash will have to be stopped for all cars.
Old 23rd December 2009, 21:17   #1071
BHPian

Got my car back, final bill came out to be around 6100/-, including the 3M oil additives.
Old 23rd December 2009, 22:26   #1072
Senior - BHPian

If you can it is better to do the wheel alignment or balancing in the interval of every 10K.
Old 23rd December 2009, 22:45   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
If you can it is better to do the wheel alignment or balancing in the interval of every 10K.
If nothing other than filling air (nitrogen) is done to the tyre, is balancing required at 10K? And in case of alignment, considering our road conditions, isn't better to get it done at 5000?
Old 23rd December 2009, 23:37   #1074
BHPian

4th service around 21k

hi guys
my vdi has done around 18.7kms....and i am going on a trip to manali (from delhi) it would be around 1500 kms trip...i hope it would be fine if i get the servicing done at 20.5 K kms..... ?

cheers
Old 24th December 2009, 10:28   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
If nothing other than filling air (nitrogen) is done to the tyre, is balancing required at 10K? And in case of alignment, considering our road conditions, isn't better to get it done at 5000?
Balancing and alignment can go off mark within 1000 kms of drive it doesn't mean that we get the car aligned and balanced every 1000 kms. You may take a judgement call based on how you feel while driving and go for alignment. It makes sense to go for alignment once every 5000 kms. Balancing typically would not be needed so frequently (Again this is my experience. I get alignment done every 5000 kms and balancing 10000 kms )

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeps79 View Post
hi guys
my vdi has done around 18.7kms....and i am going on a trip to manali (from delhi) it would be around 1500 kms trip...i hope it would be fine if i get the servicing done at 20.5 K kms..... ?

cheers
Yes it should be fine. Car will not stop because you drove some 500 kms extra. on second thoughts why don't you get the car serviced before the long drive to get a complete peace of mind during your journey.
Old 24th December 2009, 12:31   #1076
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
For normal city driving conditions i stick to 7k kms for alignment, but if i have done highway blasts i do it at 5k kms. Since the highways this side of country can be a real challenge to car suspension. This for all of my cars till date.
Old 24th December 2009, 16:28   #1077
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Eddy: Air lock at the filter, there is a bleed nut, ask them to bleed it there and see if there is a difference.
Took the car to Apra today, but it just behaved properly - no noise at all. So couldn't do anything.

Lemme see if it comes again. Off on a drive to Agra on Saturday !
Old 27th December 2009, 01:27   #1078
BHPian

Hello Guys,
Just cant resolve the problem. Have spent 6 hrs at MASS today and here are list of things done and problems faced.

Problems to start with:
Car starts as usual and engine would die out as if it ran out of fuel. The SVS light starts blinking and water in fuel indicator glows on. Took the key out and cranked once again, car would start with the SVS and water in fuel filter lights on. However these lights go off in some time.

Now @ MASS:

I get to MASS, error lights have gone off by the time i get there. Park the car, have the job card prepared and service engineer tries to start the car, and it just refuses to start. The engine was cranking pretty well but never started. These guys then decide to jump start the car and it starts. The scanner shows no error codes registered.

Now my question is, can a weak battery cause the engine to go dead after starting?

Another thing, can I put in a DIN74 Battery instead of the recommended DIN66? everyone here seems to be promoting the DIN74 battery. Be it the Amaron or Exide dealer.
Old 27th December 2009, 20:10   #1079
Team-BHP Support

Try out with a different battery and you can rule out if its battery issue.

I guess 74 is higher wattage, but will it fit the bay? If so its ok, might be slightly more expensive.
Old 27th December 2009, 21:34   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Will be taking the car tomorrow. Spoke to the SA over the phone but he was skeptical of an air lock coz its electronic fuel injection !
I doubt air lock, as its high pressure line but water in fuel can be one suspect, as below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Problems to start with:
Car starts as usual and engine would die out as if it ran out of fuel. The SVS light starts blinking and water in fuel indicator glows on. Took the key out and cranked once again, car would start with the SVS and water in fuel filter lights on. However these lights go off in some time.

Now @ MASS:

I get to MASS, error lights have gone off by the time i get there. Park the car, have the job card prepared and service engineer tries to start the car, and it just refuses to start. The engine was cranking pretty well but never started. These guys then decide to jump start the car and it starts. The scanner shows no error codes registered.
But No harm in getting water drained anyways, there is a nut at the bottom of the fuel filter to drain +get the fuel sedimenter drained.

If the vehicle keeps cranking, battery is the least suspect, again just get the battery also checked from a battery guy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks