Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2011, 23:08   #1936
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Just checked by service history record, last wheel balancing and Alignment was done on 64229km before that it was done on 58600km Odo reading.
EGR valve cleaning was done in 58k service. Should I get the EGR valve clean on 70k service as well?
Regarding the Tyre wear, what all I need to get checked in MASS, before changing the Tyre set?
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-img_1711.jpg  

Old 10th June 2011, 13:07   #1937
BANNED

Guys
My car completed 50k Kms today. What all things should be checked at 50k service.?
Old 10th June 2011, 13:55   #1938
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Guys
My car completed 50k Kms today. What all things should be checked at 50k service.?
Nothing much at 50K apart from the normal stuff. Generally 20K, 40K, 60K are the big ones which dents our pocket.

For 50K, the normal ones would be:
1. Oil and Oil filter change apart from normal service.
2. I would also suggest a cursory check of the suspension too.

I believe you would have done the following activities at 40K and hence wont have to touch them (apart from cleaning the air filter):
1. Fuel filter change.
2. Air filter change.
3. Nearly all types of oils and coolants changed in the car.

Last edited by f1fan : 10th June 2011 at 13:59.
Old 10th June 2011, 14:39   #1939
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
2. I would also suggest a cursory check of the suspension too.
More than a cursory check actually, considering the dampers have warranty till 60k kms only. Get them checked and replaced if they are leaking.

Might also be a good time to get the EGR cleaned, if not done previously.
Old 10th June 2011, 14:46   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
More than a cursory check actually, considering the dampers have warranty till 60k kms only. Get them checked and replaced if they are leaking.

Might also be a good time to get the EGR cleaned, if not done previously.
A general question: Would they generally change dampers/suspension parts under warranty or push it as a wear-n-tear case and decline warranty?

Wanted to know bcos even my car is nearing 50K and I have an year more of extended warranty left.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:02   #1941
Team-BHP Support

Leaking dampers etc will definitely be changed. In fact, its mentioned specifically in the extended warranty booklet. Bushes won't be covered.
Old 10th June 2011, 20:46   #1942
Distinguished - BHPian

After office, started my car and saw few warning lights on. Went straight to the service center. On seeing this they said you have to change the battery. Dont know what the MASS guys did last week during the 25k service? Had serviced my car and now my car's battery died. Went to service center and they had nothing to say. Asked for a service battery for the weekend since I'm planning a outstation trip tomo. After 15 min they come saying they do not have the stock. Asked for the new battery and they quoted 10k. Immediately called an accessories shop and they said they would give it for 7.3k. Said bye and went to the shop and got a new battery. I got SF Super Sonic DIN65 with 2 year free replacement.

BTW, my car clocked 23705kms and its been 2.4 years old.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 10th June 2011 at 20:48.
Old 10th June 2011, 21:07   #1943
BHPian

Naveen,
Swift battery died at 24K in less than 2.5 yrs ?

Were you getting any warning signs previously? Like not starting at the first crank/HL dimming during cranking etc
Old 10th June 2011, 21:21   #1944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Naveen,
Swift battery died at 24K in less than 2.5 yrs ?

Were you getting any warning signs previously? Like not starting at the first crank/HL dimming during cranking etc
Absolutely nothing dude. The car was running fine till afternoon. After office, tried to start the car there was some missing but not noticeable. Then noticed two warning lights.

Dont know what these guys are doing there. No service battery, 10k for the new one and they had only one answer "What shall I do Sir"? Got irritated, and walked off.

This is the 3rd time am experiencing this at the same service station. Got to get the new shocks next week and then it's bye forever.

As mentioned, they are busy in getting/improving customer feedback. Let them keep doing that. People like us should give them a bad feedback.
Old 10th June 2011, 21:39   #1945
BHPian

Not sure whether you did the right thing by replacing the battery straight away. Could have got it checked somewhere else before going in for the change. May be MASS did mess up something during your recent service.

They did call me today to get customer feedback and I gave them a piece of my mind. I was irritated after the recent uneven tire wear issue where MASS created a mess by incorrect wheel alignment. One tire is almost ruined within a span of 2K Kms This happened immediately after 25k service during which MASS did the wheel alignment. Told them clearly I am not going to give positive feedback this time. Customer relationship manager want to meet on MOnday to see what they can do to improve the situation and get a positive feedback :-)
Old 11th June 2011, 00:34   #1946
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Just checked by service history record, last wheel balancing and Alignment was done on 64229km before that it was done on 58600km Odo reading.
EGR valve cleaning was done in 58k service. Should I get the EGR valve clean on 70k service as well?
Regarding the Tyre wear, what all I need to get checked in MASS, before changing the Tyre set?
Can you post the full sheet? Cant make out the readings, before and after. I would suggest to get the alignment done outside inside of relying on MASS. One thing is sure apart from Toe rating which can be adjusted, your front suspension reading seems to be in tact.

EGR cleaning not required, it can go min upto 30k kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
After office, started my car and saw few warning lights on. Went straight to the service center.
=======
Highly possible, the OE batteries are pathetic. If you have few electrical accessories added, its a gone case.
Old 11th June 2011, 01:08   #1947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A Asked for the new battery and they quoted 10k. Immediately called an accessories shop and they said they would give it for 7.3k. Said bye and went to the shop and got a new battery. I got SF Super Sonic DIN65 with 2 year free replacement.

7.3K for a new battery ? I had replaced my Swift's battery and got an Exide maintenance free for around 5.5K. Are you sure that SF would give full replacement value for 2 years? usually they have steps .

I have had varied experience of screwing up batteries where it died down in a similar manner as described by you. Some are :-
1. Water dries up - if its not a maint free one the water needs to be checked and refilled, I had unfortunately been conned into buying one which died its quick death due to this
2. Small Light switched on overnight or over a prolonged period- If the battery is weakened it would kill it, have done it once assisted by parking lights and another time with the boot light of the swift
3. Electricals shorts - drains power and kills the battery over weekends

One should always decipher the manufacture date and sell by date of all batteries , I was once sold a battery which was sold 6 months after the sell by date so the 1 year warranty was actually void only 6 months after I bought the battery rather than 12 months . I learnt it the hard way .
Old 11th June 2011, 09:12   #1948
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Not sure whether you did the right thing by replacing the battery straight away. Could have got it checked somewhere else before going in for the change. May be MASS did mess up something during your recent service.

They did call me today to get customer feedback and I gave them a piece of my mind. I was irritated after the recent uneven tire wear issue where MASS created a mess by incorrect wheel alignment. One tire is almost ruined within a span of 2K Kms This happened immediately after 25k service during which MASS did the wheel alignment. Told them clearly I am not going to give positive feedback this time. Customer relationship manager want to meet on MOnday to see what they can do to improve the situation and get a positive feedback :-)
I did check this outside, to be precise at two different places. They all recommended to replace it. Then went to this showroom (personally know these guys) and got it replaced in a jiffy.

I decided to stop servicing at MASS. Come on dude, 3.5k for 25k service and they did nothing. Dude, this problem will continue forever. I had faced this problem once. I called up the main office (Delhi) and fired those guys, sent an email which can kill anyone. Then these guys at MASS called me up and they said they would rectify the problem. Sent the senior manager to my house with a technician and sorted out the problem at my house itself. Then that's it. The story continues. Dude, I just got so irritated yesterday. I had told them to check the car properly as I will be going for an outstation trip this weekend and this is what they do. And now am waiting for the new shocks and then it's over.

I hope you are talking about the same service station. Remember you mentioning it once

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
7.3K for a new battery ? I had replaced my Swift's battery and got an Exide maintenance free for around 5.5K. Are you sure that SF would give full replacement value for 2 years? usually they have steps .

I have had varied experience of screwing up batteries where it died down in a similar manner as described by you. Some are :-
1. Water dries up - if its not a maint free one the water needs to be checked and refilled, I had unfortunately been conned into buying one which died its quick death due to this
2. Small Light switched on overnight or over a prolonged period- If the battery is weakened it would kill it, have done it once assisted by parking lights and another time with the boot light of the swift
3. Electricals shorts - drains power and kills the battery over weekends

One should always decipher the manufacture date and sell by date of all batteries , I was once sold a battery which was sold 6 months after the sell by date so the 1 year warranty was actually void only 6 months after I bought the battery rather than 12 months . I learnt it the hard way .
Yes, that's what the retailer told me. Anyways, I personally know this guy really well. Have been replacing all my car's battery here.

This happened all of a sudden. Car was working fine. Suddenly yesterday evening, all these lights popped up and car was dying to start. Went to this shop and he was asking whether I service my car regularly. The battery was not in a good shape according to him.
Old 11th June 2011, 10:19   #1949
BHPian

Quote:
I hope you are talking about the same service station. Remember you mentioning it once

I am afraid you are right
Old 11th June 2011, 10:57   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Can you post the full sheet? Cant make out the readings, before and after. I would suggest to get the alignment done outside inside of relying on MASS. One thing is sure apart from Toe rating which can be adjusted, your front suspension reading seems to be in tact.
EGR cleaning not required, it can go min upto 30k kms.
I will post the full sheet once I am home. Another thing I have noticed, most of the times the shoulder of the tyres use be darker then the rest of the tyres. Same thing was noticed in the rear tyres as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks