Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2013, 21:49   #2626
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
What does the MASS say on your issue? For me currently they are experimenting. After the rear-axle change things have improved but not resolved.
We just changes the bushes. Will wait and check before we change the axle.
The suspension was ruled out as we have just replaced the entire suspension. Will keep you posted how it goes.
Old 18th May 2013, 08:54   #2627
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Can you upload the latest reading taken during the alignment? It would be great if you could upload that entire page with all the readings.
Naveen,

Before the axle change

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-beforeaxlechange.jpg

After the axle change

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-afteraxlechange.jpg

Now the ODO is @ 56K. Maruti engineers wants to review again at 59K so that it will be 5K Kms with the new axle. But I just feel axle change is not a solution for this issue. By the way, do you also face the same issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
We just changes the bushes. Will wait and check before we change the axle.
The suspension was ruled out as we have just replaced the entire suspension. Will keep you posted how it goes.
Thanks for the update.
Old 18th May 2013, 11:48   #2628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Naveen,

By the way, do you also face the same issue?
Havent faced this issue but the technician at the alignment center stated that I may face this problem soon. I cant really make out from your attached since it's bit different from mine. But here's what he advised.

The primary angle of the rear toe should be between 0dg07' and 0dg26'. My reading showed somewhere close to 0dg22'. According to him it should be less than 15', ideally 10 or 12. So this will cause uneven wear of my left rear tyre. How much alignment/balancing we do, the left tyre will always be pointed inwards in an angle.
There's a possible method to rectify this. Said it would be conducted on a trial and error basis where they will correct this toe angle and check the alignment each time till the reading is within permissible limits. Will cost around 1000/- for this.
Since these guys know what they are doing, I'm planning to get this done soon.

Just check with some reputed alignment centers. Since I have posted some positive reviews on this shop, these guys always help me out.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2013, 15:52   #2629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Havent faced this issue but the technician at the alignment center stated that I may face this problem soon. I cant really make out from your attached since it's bit different from mine. But here's what he advised.

The primary angle of the rear toe should be between 0dg07' and 0dg26'. My reading showed somewhere close to 0dg22'. According to him it should be less than 15', ideally 10 or 12. So this will cause uneven wear of my left rear tyre. How much alignment/balancing we do, the left tyre will always be pointed inwards in an angle.
There's a possible method to rectify this. Said it would be conducted on a trial and error basis where they will correct this toe angle and check the alignment each time till the reading is within permissible limits. Will cost around 1000/- for this.
Since these guys know what they are doing, I'm planning to get this done soon.

Just check with some reputed alignment centers. Since I have posted some positive reviews on this shop, these guys always help me out.
But there is no rear wheel alignment option present in the Swift as its a torsion beam. How is the alignment guy planning on adjusting anything in that ?
Old 18th May 2013, 21:19   #2630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
But there is no rear wheel alignment option present in the Swift as its a torsion beam. How is the alignment guy planning on adjusting anything in that ?
Not sure on that. Just saw the report and saw that the reading is close to the limit. So he advised me to rectify this soon.
Old 27th May 2013, 22:08   #2631
BHPian

Hi,

My swift vdi is about 15 months old and done 27k kms. I had upgraded the headlamps to 100/90 just after purchase (not sure of which wiring kit). Thereafter my right headlight conked off twice in about 2 months time, assuming the wiring kit to be faulty, I had this replaced by a new Hella Kit (100/90) with Philips bulbs. Last week my right (low beam only) conked off, I did the replacement (Bosch - single bulb only) myself. Today the right high beam is gone, the headlamps must have been used for about 2 hours in the past week.

Where could the fault be?
Old 27th May 2013, 22:13   #2632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifdeep View Post

Check if the bulbs are genuine. Also, check the alternator voltage, it may be producing higher voltage.
Old 28th May 2013, 10:56   #2633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

My swift vdi is about 15 months old and done 27k kms. I had upgraded the headlamps to 100/90 just after purchase (not sure of which wiring kit). Thereafter my right headlight conked off twice in about 2 months time, assuming the wiring kit to be faulty, I had this replaced by a new Hella Kit (100/90) with Philips bulbs. Last week my right (low beam only) conked off, I did the replacement (Bosch - single bulb only) myself. Today the right high beam is gone, the headlamps must have been used for about 2 hours in the past week.

I faced similar issue with my Swift VDI. after 2 years of upgrading my headlamps with relay kit the bulds started blowing out. It happened 3 times in 1 month and MASS couldn't identify the problem. I reverted back to stock headlights and that is working perfectly now for last 3 months.
Old 31st May 2013, 14:06   #2634
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
I am kind of stuck with a peculiar AC issue i.e. the ac vents on the auto climate screen shows to be closed however I feel its in open state as I can smell the outdoor odour easily and also the dust is getting in though in small quantity..
Check through a filter area if the re-circulation flap is closing fully, that would be the culprit mostly. You dont have to remove the entire dash for this, just the storage bin cover which can be easily pulled out.

Quote:
Hi,

My swift vdi is about 15 months old and done 27k kms. Today the right high beam is gone, the headlamps must have been used for about 2 hours in the past week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Check if the bulbs are genuine. Also, check the alternator voltage, it may be producing higher voltage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I faced similar issue with my Swift VDI.
====I reverted back to stock headlights and that is working perfectly now for last 3 months.
Mostly its the bulbs, there are lot of fakes floating around and generally the 90/100 produce more heat and tend to conk out faster. I have the same issue in another vehicle.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 17:41   #2635

Query

Couple of days back while on a long drive I noticed the "service soon" light blink once. So off I went to the MASS, to get my ride (swift vdi) scanned and error codes removed, at that point of time I was told that the "service soon" light (car with the spanner icon) on the console should disappear couple of seconds after inserting the key and before switching on the ignition.

Offlate I am again seeing the the "service soon" light (car with the spanner icon) on the console. The light disappears after the car is switched on.

Can the gurus please provide your valuable guidance, do I need to be worried?
Old 12th June 2013, 19:17   #2636
BHPian

Re: Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartonwheelz View Post
Offlate I am again seeing the the "service soon" light (car with the spanner icon) on the console. The light disappears after the car is switched on.

Can the gurus please provide your valuable guidance, do I need to be worried?
It means that a minor error was recorded by the ECU. If there are no further errors, it will get reset after some start-switchoff cycles (>40, i guess). Usually the lights start coming up when the battery is becoming weak. I had to replace a 3-year old battery to get rid of this issue. How old is your battery?
Old 14th June 2013, 05:29   #2637

Re: Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
It means that a minor error was recorded by the ECU. If there are no further errors, it will get reset after some start-switchoff cycles (>40, i guess). Usually the lights start coming up when the battery is becoming weak. I had to replace a 3-year old battery to get rid of this issue. How old is your battery?
Thanks for your inputs mtnrajdeep. Yes my battery is around 4 years old. But it isn't showing any signs of dying. Lets see, will keep you guys posted.
Old 9th July 2013, 21:40   #2638
BANNED

Hi all
My swift is now 56 months old and done 74000 Kim's without any problems.
How do you predict the resale value of it considering the lesser demand on diesel due to lesser price difference between petrol and now that there are more choice of vehicles.?

I hear that the old swift is still in demand ,let me know your views
Old 9th July 2013, 21:44   #2639
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartonwheelz View Post
Thanks for your inputs mtnrajdeep. Yes my battery is around 4 years old. But it isn't showing any signs of dying. Lets see, will keep you guys posted.
Sound's like the battery on its last leg. Get the cells checked at a battery shop, you will know if one of the cells are failing from the specific gravity or load test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I hear that the old swift is still in demand ,let me know your views
Best bet is the used car price check thread. In BLR swift d still holds good resale value though.
Old 9th July 2013, 22:01   #2640
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Sound's like the battery on its last leg. Get the cells checked at a battery shop, you will know if one of the cells are failing from the specific gravity or load test.

Best bet is the used car price check thread. In BLR swift d still holds good resale value though.
Hi jaggu

Carwale says my car is worth 3.3 Lakhs which I think is on a lower side.

I

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks