Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2007, 12:30   #106
BHPian

man looks perfect for ur setting there

great looker
and that it performs as a great 4x4 is news cause suzuki wasnt and still isnt known for off roading
Old 7th November 2007, 13:47   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
and that it performs as a great 4x4 is news cause suzuki wasnt and still isnt known for off roading
Isn't the Gypsy considered a capable 4x4? More here: Suzuki SJ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Worldwide, the Suzuki 4x4s are well known.
Old 8th November 2007, 01:03   #108
Senior - BHPian

First of all congratulations for being the first man on tbhp to own a GV !! I had few rides in a GV when I was in the mid east. But I always felt the GV is too big for indian roads, specially bangalore city. Personally I like SUVs and always wish to have one for the family very soon. I am new to indian roads as a person behind the steering wheel, therefore just getting familiar with the driving side, road rules, bumper to bumper drives and above all the attitude of fellow drivers on the road. I would seriously consider GV as my next target family car. Therefore, its greatly appreciated if you could throw some light on the following:

1. Have you taken your GV to any towns, cities, or crowded place so far ? If so, please comment on your visibility, ease of control, judgement etc.
2. If you dont mind, please split the total cost into; ex-showroom, karnataka road tax, insurance,VAT and any others if valid.
3. I know you already mentioned about this, but requesting one more time to reveal your mysterious but powerful camera used for snaps. Its really an eyecatching stuff, great angles and very enticing. Atleast the brand, I can do the rest though my instincts.

I had few off-road experiences in a Land Cruiser and Hummer, so any 4X4 is worth for it. Now the question of choice is to short list an SUV for city and off-road. Awaiting your valuable comments !
Old 8th November 2007, 07:09   #109
BHPian

With regard to size, one thing that struck me was what the sales guy mentioned - the SX4 is marginally longer than the GV! (Have not bothered to verify it)

Samurai, one question - does the relatively low BHP/torque translate to you feeling at any point with a fully loaded SUV, the need for additional power/torque when you drive in the a) the city or b) long distance - especially overtaking (if you have done any highway segments)?
Old 8th November 2007, 07:26   #110
Team-BHP Support

rangaraj, he'll take some more time to check these. I don't think he's done any long distance (fully loaded) drive.
Old 8th November 2007, 09:41   #111
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Sam. Good to see GV being used in a way it should be. By the way the car is looking fantastic in white.
Old 8th November 2007, 13:12   #112
Senior - BHPian

Congrats & Extreeemly good pictures, perhaps good to use for GV adv by maruti.

Was their any hurdle between the mud road and metalled one which you crossed, the mud road looks quite levelled but loose.
Old 8th November 2007, 14:14   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
First of all congratulations for being the first man on tbhp to own a GV !! I had few rides in a GV when I was in the mid east. But I always felt the GV is too big for indian roads, specially bangalore city.
Considering this is shorter than most other SUVs and C+ segment cars, size should not be an issue. With 5.5M turning radius, it is more like a car. I drive around in a small town, so far never felt I am driving a big SUV.

Quote:
1. Have you taken your GV to any towns, cities, or crowded place so far ? If so, please comment on your visibility, ease of control, judgement etc.
2. If you dont mind, please split the total cost into; ex-showroom, karnataka road tax, insurance,VAT and any others if valid.
3. I know you already mentioned about this, but requesting one more time to reveal your mysterious but powerful camera used for snaps. Its really an eyecatching stuff, great angles and very enticing. Atleast the brand, I can do the rest though my instincts.
1) Yeah, no problem in roads of city, town or village. That should be least of your concern.
2) I don't why you need breakup in Karnataka, it wil cost you around 16.75L on road. I don't remember breakup, ex-showroom is 14.11L.
3) It is not really a secret, it was taken using Olympus E-500 with 14-54mm lens, any dSLR should be able to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Samurai, one question - does the relatively low BHP/torque translate to you feeling at any point with a fully loaded SUV, the need for additional power/torque when you drive in the a) the city or b) long distance - especially overtaking (if you have done any highway segments)?
Too early for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Was their any hurdle between the mud road and metalled one which you crossed, the mud road looks quite levelled but loose.
Just a paddy field with full grass and slush.
Old 8th November 2007, 16:49   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Next up on your schedule should be to post pictures of the GV, doing what you bought it for : OFF-ROADING!
Jo hukum sarkar, here is my first humble attempt: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nd-vitara.html
Old 8th November 2007, 17:48   #115
Senior - BHPian

Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
2) I don't why you need breakup in Karnataka, it wil cost you around 16.75L on road. I don't remember breakup, ex-showroom is 14.11L.
I find it very inspiring to see your enthusiasm to respond to every simple quiery members make here. That requires lot of patience and time.

Coming to the point, I am checking on-road price difference in other states. I have options between bangalore, cochin and mumbai when I finalise the details. My bro-in-law took the delivery of BMW-7 series from bangalore few months back. On road it came to approximately 1.25 cr. Later some of his friends mentioned about saving over 5 laks if the delivery was taken from another city, just because of the karnataka road tax being higher. I will post the details once I get more info. Its a stage of reconfirming rumors, ideas from friends, opinions from similar buyers etc.
Old 8th November 2007, 23:07   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I find it very inspiring to see your enthusiasm to respond to every simple quiery members make here. That requires lot of patience and time.
That's the point of this forum, most of our members will do the same.

Today I filled petrol for the second time, upon delivery I had only filled 20lt. Today I filled the tank fully. And for the second time I was asked repeatedly whether I want petrol or diesel. This is one thing I have to be very careful about. Some petrol bunk attendent may just decide this is a diesel vehicle.
Old 8th November 2007, 23:48   #117
Senior - BHPian

I have noticed lot of vehicles with the letter "P" on the fuel tank lid. I think its meant only for the bunk attendants to reconfirm the fuel type before filling. May be also used as a code letter meaning its a petrol vehicle.

Few points I missed asking earlier:

1) How do you find the stock subwoofer under the seat ?
2) Overall quality of the HU and speakers ?
3) Being an SUV and 4X4, GV is less powered (119 Bhp as I understand) than Honda Civic (132Bhp), CRV (161Bhp), Skoda Octavia (147 Bhp), Toyota Corolla (123Bhp) and many others of the similar segment. Do you find any lack of power in off-roading experience ?

I know final feel of the vehicle comes only by a TD and owning it. Trying to clear my mind from whatever reasonable doubts that can come up from a serious buyer. Reply appreciated again.
Old 9th November 2007, 04:45   #118
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your spanking new GV Samurai San! I am quite sure that maruti could use a few of your off-roading pictures for their promotional activity. The GV is underated and I think its more of a mental block really as people in India cannot seem to digest the idea of a proper SUV from Maruti Suzuki.
Old 10th November 2007, 14:52   #119
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
are you kidding ?! i'm an ex-gypsy owner, and believe me, i've done some serious mudbashing here's a few links you need to check out:

Suzuki | Club | 4X4 | Santana | Samauri | Sj410 | Sj413 | Vitara | Jimny | LJ80 | Spares | Accessories
Suzuki's 4x4 History - Suzuki/Geo at Off-Road.com
Suzuki 4x4 Owners Club - free to join suzuki 4x4 owners community
Suzuki Xtreme 4x4 - New Zealand's favourite 4x4 TV show!
K.A.P. Suzuki 4x4 - Suzuki Sumarai Trialling, Comp Safari or Pleasure.

hope you're feeling better after your coma !
Old 10th November 2007, 14:53   #120
NIP
Senior - BHPian

this one's for you samurai

NIP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks