Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2008, 13:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
2. Great Mileage (I have always got above 18 KMPL in city and above 20 KMPL on highway driving with AC on 50% of the time in city and 100% on Highway).
Man! How do you get such amazing figures? I never get more than 13.5 in Bangalore city and never more than 18 on the highway(50% AC)
Old 3rd February 2008, 14:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
But the recommended pressure is 36 & 34. I drive with 34 and 32 feel reasonably comfortable.
That explains the amazing mileage figures that Swift Diesels get. Don't take Maruti's recommended tyre pressures as the gospel truth. Maruti is a master at understanding the Indian customers mind. They know that Indian customers will accept a bumpy, harsh ride but will never forgive a 0.5kmpl lesser economy. Besides, at those pressures your suspension is soaking up all the jerks which will result in faster suspension wear. Doesn't Maruti know this? Of course they do. But the Indian car buyer doesn't know this and wouldn't mind spending money on suspension overhaul because Maruti has 'bad roads' to blame suspension overhaul on.

Maruti recommeds 32psi on the SX4. Ridiculously high IMO. I keep it at 28psi and the car feels much better to drive and be driven in. Fiat recommends 29psi in the Palio. I keep it at 26psi.
Old 3rd February 2008, 17:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

I have seen quite a few suggestions on going low on the tyre pressure than what is recommended by Maruti. Other than lower mileage is there any other disadvantage with lesser air pressure in the tyres as compared to manufacturer recommended pressure. One major disadvantage I see is on long drives tyres will get heated up fast with less pressure. How long is this long drive? I drive about 25 to 30km at a stretch each day.
Old 3rd February 2008, 18:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Man! How do you get such amazing figures? I never get more than 13.5 in Bangalore city and never more than 18 on the highway(50% AC)
I have a long commute daily in Bangalore and mostly on ring roads. High mileage is due to -

1. Lesser number of ignition starts per km. I do not switch off in signals if the wait time is <60 sec.
2. Lesser traffic on ring roads and lesser traffic jams.
3. Going to 5th gear at the earliest opportunity and staying less than 2000 rpm most of the time.
Old 3rd February 2008, 19:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
One major disadvantage I see is on long drives tyres will get heated up fast with less pressure. How long is this long drive? I drive about 25 to 30km at a stretch each day.
If tyres get heated up - the pressure should increase right ? I am guessing but it should go up by 1-2 psi.

So if you keep your pressure 28 psi when cold - it should reach 30 psi when the tyres are running and at higher temperature.

tyre gurus ? your feed back ?
Old 3rd February 2008, 23:19   #21
Team-BHP Support

am getting 17+ these days in bangalore city, car has crossed 15k kms, yes AC is limited to 30-40% otherwise same ol choc o bloc traffice, 34-32 PSI reading on tyres.
Old 4th February 2008, 20:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

@Jaggu - You too a 34-32 guy? 17 is amazing man... I get 15-16 with 100% a/c, some traffic.
Old 7th February 2008, 08:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
If tyres get heated up - the pressure should increase right ? I am guessing but it should go up by 1-2 psi.

So if you keep your pressure 28 psi when cold - it should reach 30 psi when the tyres are running and at higher temperature.

tyre gurus ? your feed back ?
Tyres heating up is a bigger issue. Brakes would also heat up and make them ineffective. Overall it would be dangerous to drive a car with superheated tyres and brakes.

Amazing FE - This fill I got an FE of 20 + KMPL. Quite amazing for driving only in town (Hossur Road, Ring Road) with minimal AC(10% of the time maybe).

Last evening I had a usual encounter with an Auto who came straight in front of my car on my side of the road. I had to brake hard. Auto guy had the cheek to say that I should be driving slowly (I was doing just over 50). Driving Slowly with a Swift D.
Old 7th February 2008, 10:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Very naish report. More miles of smiles to you bro
phamilyman, you did not run spell check before your posting...else it would have been 'bheri naish report'

dieselfan, this is a great report. Keep enjoying the Swift as much as you can. I know it is a great car.
Old 7th February 2008, 15:53   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

For my viva crdi, it is 30psi recommended for all 4 tyres and i generally keep 32psi and i really feel the surge in acceleration from standstill which is not similar if its 30psi and purely for this reason, i keep 32psi, also there is no marked difference in ride as i ride 80% of the time all alone.

For highway drives i keep 32psi and always got more than 18kmpl
Old 7th February 2008, 16:45   #26
BHPian

Feel free to complain about the merchant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I have noticed similar notice in JP Nagar Mandovi for credit card payments for 2000Rs or more. 2% service charge
Hey Guys -

Technically the merchant cannot ask you to pay for the service charge as that is something which he is supposed to pay the CC company for offering their services.

You might want to try this link and register a complain against the merchant which may even result in the cancellation of his alliance with the CC company.

Please note that this is only for Mastercard Cards.

Contact Us | Merchant Violations*| MasterCard®

Please feel free to share this link to penalize erring merchants and thus making our lives easier!
Old 7th February 2008, 16:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

@Diesalfan - Nice report. Your VDi is into its 2nd year while mine is in the 2nd month !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
am getting 17+ these days in bangalore city
Good to see an updated avatar there Jaggu Saar!
Old 7th February 2008, 17:09   #28
BHPian

Thats pretty good mileage most of you are getting. My swift gives me 15.5kmpl in bumber to bumper traffic (Old Madras Road to Koramangla) and and about 20 kmpl on highways. I don't use the AC much though, maybe 20%.
Old 8th February 2008, 09:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1tBull View Post
Thats pretty good mileage most of you are getting. My swift gives me 15.5kmpl in bumber to bumper traffic (Old Madras Road to Koramangla) and and about 20 kmpl on highways. I don't use the AC much though, maybe 20%.
Thats pretty neat too! My FE has been :

453.5 / 25 = 18.14 kmpl (50% highway / 50% city)
303.4 / 21 = 14.44 kmpl (100% city)
300.0 / 21 = 14.28 kmpl (100% city)

At an average of 15 kmpl I really couldnt complain
Old 8th February 2008, 10:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
For my viva crdi, it is 30psi recommended for all 4 tyres and i generally keep 32psi and i really feel the surge in acceleration from standstill which is not similar if its 30psi and purely for this reason, i keep 32psi, also there is no marked difference in ride as i ride 80% of the time all alone.

For highway drives i keep 32psi and always got more than 18kmpl
We had a visitor who an accent crdi in our building recently. I guessed it was a diesel because of the diesel pitter patter . I have to admit that even thought the sound was a tad higher as compared to my swift , it has an amazingly refined sound !Any comment mobike ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks