Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 20:29   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
The main reason of my post - love the way you keep updating the title!
I noticed that too...how do you manage? I want to change / update the topic but have not found the way to do it. Powers of a MOD being invoked here Tanveer?
Old 9th January 2009, 20:42   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Powers of a MOD being invoked here Tanveer?
Err, I don't think so, Sudev.
Just born lucky, I guess!!
Old 9th January 2009, 20:54   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...how do you manage? I want to change / update the topic but have not found the way to do it. Powers of a MOD being invoked here Tanveer?
You will not be able to since we are just ordinary users. Only user profiles with MOD access and above can edit or manipulate posts & threads after the set time limit of 20 minutes. And TSK is a moderator, so he can change all he wants.

It is always great to have some extra power under the hood!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 9th January 2009 at 21:03.
Old 9th January 2009, 20:59   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Just send a note to the support team for the change .. and that should do it I guess.
Old 9th January 2009, 21:53   #365
Senior - BHPian

Out of interest - if you could drive at 80kmph, why did you need 4x4?
Old 9th January 2009, 22:04   #366
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Almost 2? I can count at least 5 OTRs with the Bangalore gang (Sakleshpura, Ramanagara / Bidadi, Anekal / Pearl Valley, Thippagondanahalli, Chudemahalli / Gunjur) OK 4.5

Seriously, I am watching this thread very closely and hope Tanveer's problems are sorted out - if I'm not wrong, his is the first 2.2 on the forum where 4x4 is being used extensively.

vasudeva, your uncle can do it easily but please also ask him to fill diesel at the first available opportunity.
Forget the 4x4 issue for a moment. I am much more worried about the common rail

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
great that the 4x4 issue is solved.

suspension bush is a spare which should have been in stock.

did they tell you the reason why the injectors, sensors, etc. went kaput or why thay have to be changed in the first place? i mean, what went wrong? manufacturing defect or fault from your side?

and finally, can you please ask them how many times would you have to visit the A.S.S. due to lack of spares from their side? please inform the service manager that he is not your best buddy that you are dying to meet him again and again.
I have expressed my displeasure amply. But all I can really do is

Quote:
I noticed that too...how do you manage? I want to change / update the topic but have not found the way to do it. Powers of a MOD being invoked here Tanveer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Err, I don't think so, Sudev.
Just born lucky, I guess!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
You will not be able to since we are just ordinary users. Only user profiles with MOD access and above can edit or manipulate posts & threads after the set time limit of 20 minutes. And TSK is a moderator, so he can change all he wants.

It is always great to have some extra power under the hood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Just send a note to the support team for the change .. and that should do it I guess.
Just use report post button, most requests are taken care within 5-10 minutes unless its a weekend, they they may take 15 minutes.
Normally there is a post in the thread "Mods please change title to so and so". usually that does not work unless a mod visits your thread and reads that post. However all reported posts are acted upon quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Out of interest - if you could drive at 80kmph, why did you need 4x4?
It was loose sand, and she was digging in, as the salt flat was still moist, once I picked up speed I could go to 80kmph in 4th gear around 2800rpm or so. It would not pick up speed after that due to sand.
Moreover on slippery dirt tracks 4x4 is a better idea as it gives more traction and can prevent drifting etc.,

BTW tomorrow i visit the service center and see the list of parts Delphi wants changed. The problem cannot be due to bad fuel etc., because the idle surging problem has been there since the vehicle was new, and I had complained about it on 1st and second service. However they acted upon it only when computer showed an error, i.e. service light
Old 9th January 2009, 23:34   #367
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I did not engage 4x4 at 80kmph. I was driving at 80kmph on a salt flat with loose sand and the mode was 4H. I was in 4th gear
Safari does not have diff locks, and there is no center diff. So you cannot engage 4x4 on hard ground.
However the rear has LSD in case of the Safari
I discussed this issue with a known mechanic at TATA, this is what he says.

As far as 4wd Low is concerned for a 3L Safari- You are never supposed to go over 10 kmph speed.

And 4wd High is concerned- you are supposed to be within 50 kmph.

I do not want to start preaching any theory here.

I wish Tanveer best of luck in getting his diseased horse on its feet again and would love to see it prancing around soon

Lets not start
Old 10th January 2009, 00:14   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Tan - thats essentially most of the vehicle's critical components gone bust. Want to try going down the consumer court route to get a refund/new replacement?
Old 10th January 2009, 00:37   #369
Team-BHP Support

That can happen only if the problem does not go away after replacement
Old 10th January 2009, 02:38   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Tan - thats essentially most of the vehicle's critical components gone bust. Want to try going down the consumer court route to get a refund/new replacement?
Too soon, I know it sounds bad but I think it will take more than these problems to convince consumer court to get a refund/replacement.

As Tanveer said, if the problem persists after these repairs THEN he might have a case. Does India have something like a "Lemon Law" we have here in the US?

Tanveer buddy hopefully this will be the last of your issues with the beast. Are you given a loaner vehicle meanwhile for all your troubles?
Old 10th January 2009, 09:53   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
did they tell you the reason why the injectors, sensors, etc. went kaput or why thay have to be changed in the first place? i mean, what went wrong? manufacturing defect or fault from your side?
I suspect they havent got a clue on whats wrong with the CRDi, they should have been able to pinpoint which injector or which sensor, if they cant, they are taking a probable guess on the change.

Quote:
and finally, can you please ask them how many times would you have to visit the A.S.S. due to lack of spares from their side? please inform the service manager that he is not your best buddy that you are dying to meet him again and again.
Usually I have got a call from T.A.S.S once the spare is available or he just needs to call to find out, if stock has come. No need to visit.
Old 10th January 2009, 09:56   #372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The thing is TATA is agreeing to replace all faulty parts FOC. You can't really take them to court for accepting manufacturing defects and being proactive in changing all faulty parts.

He can push tata for a new car though since there are so many problems.
Old 10th January 2009, 09:59   #373
Senior - BHPian

better the known evil than the unknown.

But hey, look at the bright side, like steeroid's ride, if they keep replacing parts like this, you can still have an almost new safari a few years down the line
Old 10th January 2009, 10:49   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
better the known evil than the unknown.

But hey, look at the bright side, like steeroid's ride, if they keep replacing parts like this, you can still have an almost new safari a few years down the line
The price for an Safari could have beenat least 2.0L Lesser if TML did not charge us upfront for these additional spares? I mean they sure must be passing on the price of their inefficiency on us.
Old 10th January 2009, 12:14   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
The price for an Safari could have beenat least 2.0L Lesser if TML did not charge us upfront for these additional spares? I mean they sure must be passing on the price of their inefficiency on us.
I too was wondering about this. Could it be that they are cross-subsidising the Safari with Indica sales?
Would be very interesting if someone could shed some light on this matter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks