Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2013, 10:02   #91
BHPian

re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Having been driven in this Wagon R i must say that it is one of the most well maintained and cared for Car I have seen till date. The ride feels smooth even after 191,XXX Kms on the Odometer. The Torquey pick up and stability is a testament to its maintenance by paragsachania. The numerous DIYs performed on the car add that little extra and make the ride feel better. Looking at how the Wagon R can be used we purchased our Wagon R Vxi . Although the engine feels sluggish at the low end rpm once in the 2nd and 3rd gear its a no nonsense cruiser.
alokgunhal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 12:29   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokgunhal View Post
Although the engine feels sluggish at the low end rpm once in the 2nd and 3rd gear its a no nonsense cruiser.
Thanks Alok. That is a characteristic of that K10 motor doing duty in the new WagonR ever since F10D was out of the bonnet. There is so much difference, especially the low end grunt in the F10D when compared the K10.

The K10 loves to be revved a bit higher and that is when you can have fun driving that car.

F10D is definitely not the most refined engine but I am too finicky about it that even the slightest wobble of the gearknob and I begin to look for causes .

Fortunately, despite of reaching the 196,000 kms mark today, it is very difficult to notice that the car has clocked so much by sitting inside and listening to the engine note.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 14:15   #93
BHPian

Hats off to you Parag for a beautifully maintained and cared for car!! Wish you may more happy miles with her.

I have a 2004 WagonR (run 77k kms till date). I intend to get the tacho as well (inspired by your DIY). Can I place an order at any of the MGP outlets for it? How much does it cost?
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 14:56   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Hats off to you Parag for a beautifully maintained and cared for car!! Wish you may more happy miles with her.

I have a 2004 WagonR (run 77k kms till date). I intend to get the tacho as well (inspired by your DIY). Can I place an order at any of the MGP outlets for it? How much does it cost?
Thanks NK. Its a matter of a month and a few days more to reach the 2L milestone on the ODO. Just waiting for it.

The Tachometer costs around 1037/- (price may have changed as its more than 6 months) and order can be placed at the MGP dealer. Please make sure you mention it as Ritz "Petrol" as the Tachos for Diesel and Petrol Ritz differ.

Last edited by paragsachania : 16th April 2013 at 14:58.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 19:29   #95
BANNED

Hey Parag, great man. Hats off to your passion for you Wagon R.

Has made me fall in love with my Wagon R once again (Aug 2007; 77,000 km on odo). It has consistently given me excellent mileage - the best being 23.07 on Yamuna Expressway with 10% AC on my 1400 km drive one way.

The mileage on other stretches varied from 16 to 20. The average mileage (to and fro) it gave me was ~19. Speed varied between 70 and 90.

Great car, 'know its limitations,' as you say, and 'it loves you back.' A caption for Brio but ideally suited here.

Last edited by anandjha : 17th April 2013 at 19:31.
anandjha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 19:38   #96
Senior - BHPian

If I am correct, I know that the last few thousands have been the slowest with your WagonR . If you had maintained the same momentum, you would have been closing in on the 2.5L mark by now. You had gotten a lot busier in the last few months.

We are all eyes to witness the 2L mark! Would be a great feat. Not the number, but the spic and span condition of your showroom condition Waggy.
funkykar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 01:28   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
If I am correct, I know that the last few thousands have been the slowest with your WagonR . If you had maintained the same momentum, you would have been closing in on the 2.5L mark by now. You had gotten a lot busier in the last few months.

We are all eyes to witness the 2L mark! Would be a great feat. Not the number, but the spic and span condition of your showroom condition Waggy.
Yes Karthik. Blame it on all those drives that I was tempted to tag along with you folks in your Diesel cars (Palio, Punto, Fabia), for the benefit of everyone's economy, it always made sense to drive the distance in the Diesel car.

If not 2.5L, I am sure it would have easily crossed 2.1L by now.

Nevertheless, as per my calculation with my daily commute and planned long drives, I will see the stupendous 200000 on the Odometer in less than 45 days from now!

And then, we have Leh on our minds of course and if that doesn't happen sooner, It will be some other long drive for sure as you know the itch never stops!!

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th April 2013 at 01:29.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:29   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

rabnawaz_b, following your query on posted in my GQ travelogue, here are the details of the DIY Armrest that should help achieve the same in your Spark:

The pic below is sourced from the official site for Chevy Spark and as you can see, the yellow arrows I put represent the width of the center cup-holder/Gear lever console.
My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-spark.jpg

Here is the link on ebay where you can buy the armrest:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Universal-For...#ht_2578wt_907

You must have 14 cm gap b/w front seats of car to install this

Please read the specs on the product information page and also measure the width between the seats and that will give you hint on how to go about the fitment of the armrest.

Please refer the following post in the same thread for pictorial representation of the fitting in my car:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3028713

You must drill 4 holes (2 on either sides) on the Cup holder console to fit the base of the armrest.
Old 2nd May 2013, 10:56   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Hello Ramki,

I managed to capture a few snaps this morning to help you out with the installation of the Arm rest.

The Armrest in Folded Position
Attachment 1045114

The Armrest in normal position
Attachment 1045115

As viewed from the top so that you can know how exactly it fits right within the gap between 2 seats.
Attachment 1045116

How it is mounted on the center console
Attachment 1045117

Notice the bolts in the bottom. Similar bolts will be in the front of the clamp as well. In all there are 4 bolts (2 on either sides of the armrest).

You can also notice those tiny 3+1 holes on the Armrest's base which can be used as desired to adjust the height of the final fitting as per driver's preference.
Thanks paragsachania. Just ordered the armrest for Rs.850/-. On drilling the holes, does any car service/accessory center can do it? and also as part of the DIY only 4 holes has to be done? and others can be done without any equipment with bare hands?

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:06   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Thanks paragsachania. Just ordered the armrest for Rs.850/-. On drilling the holes, does any car service/accessory center can do it? and also as part of the DIY only 4 holes has to be done? and others can be done without any equipment with bare hands?

Thanks,
Ramki
You are welcome Ramki.

You will need no drilling machine for the holes actually and just punching/marking small holes (4) and then pressing and twisting the screw clockwise will easily drill the hole as you tighten the screw. In fact, this will create a self made thread and hold up the screw tightly as opposed to drilling the hole since the center console is all plastic.

The procedure to install is as follows:
  1. Fit the base of the armrest to the main body and place it on top of the center console
  2. Mark the 4 holes as per your convenience (height and horizontal position)
  3. Remove 2 screws which appear on the both sides of the center console (just near the gear lever).
  4. Pull the Black coin/cup holder by inserting a small flat screw driver and you can see one more screw inside the cup holder console. Remove that screw as well.
  5. Insert a small flat screw driver near below the handbrake and remove another piece of plastic as well.
  6. Finally, lift and remove the compete center console, make holes and fit the armrest.

Note: You may not remove the center cup holder at all but due to lack of space to work on it, removing it and fitting the Armrest will result in cleaner DIY in open space.

Last edited by paragsachania : 2nd May 2013 at 11:07.
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:28   #101
BHPian

Quote:
You are welcome Ramki.

You will need no drilling machine for the holes actually and just punching/marking small holes (4) and then pressing and twisting the screw clockwise will easily drill the hole as you tighten the screw. In fact, this will create a self made thread and hold up the screw tightly as opposed to drilling the hole since the center console is all plastic.

The procedure to install is as follows:
  1. Fit the base of the armrest to the main body and place it on top of the center console
  2. Mark the 4 holes as per your convenience (height and horizontal position)
  3. Remove 2 screws which appear on the both sides of the center console (just near the gear lever).
  4. Pull the Black coin/cup holder by inserting a small flat screw driver and you can see one more screw inside the cup holder console. Remove that screw as well.
  5. Insert a small flat screw driver near below the handbrake and remove another piece of plastic as well.
  6. Finally, lift and remove the compete center console, make holes and fit the armrest.
Note: You may not remove the center cup holder at all but due to lack of space to work on it, removing it and fitting the Armrest will result in cleaner DIY in open space.
Thanks very much for the detailed DIY paragsachania.
Will do it once the package arrives from ebay. Will update this thread(with your permission) with the install.

And finally what did i see here that you plan to take the Waggy for Leh? my god!!!

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 2nd May 2013 at 11:35.
ramki067 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 20:02   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Ramki,

I managed to capture a few snaps this morning to help you out with the installation of the Arm rest.

Attachment 1045114

How it is mounted on the center console
Attachment 1045117

Notice the bolts in the bottom. Similar bolts will be in the front of the clamp as well. In all there are 4 bolts (2 on either sides of the armrest).

You can also notice those tiny 3+1 holes on the Armrest's base which can be used as desired to adjust the height of the final fitting as per driver's preference.

Paragsachania,

My package has arrived and was looking at the product to install. However, I think my product is little different from yours, its got three parts namely the base of the armrest, a base which has to be placed on the base and the armrest with box. I've few doubts regarding the installation.

Firstly, from the pic of the folded position of armrest, how can the armrest be in folded position? Mine doesn't look it can be folded!

Secondly, how is the top portion of the armrest i.e., the armrest with box fitted to the base?

As you can see from the second pic, there is a rotary control which does nothing. Don't know why they have placed it there! Any ideas?

I'm attaching the pics of the parts i got as parcel here.

Thanks,
Ramki
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-03052013033.jpg  

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-03052013034.jpg  

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-03052013035.jpg  

Last edited by ramki067 : 3rd May 2013 at 20:12.
Old 3rd May 2013, 20:21   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Paragsachania,

Firstly, from the pic of the folded position of armrest, how can the armrest be in folded position? Mine doesn't look it can be folded!
If you see the armrest (second pic from top in your post), you can notice its got a small base with 4 holes. A new Armrest will usually have very tight hinges. Hold the Armest firmly in one hand and try to unfold the other smaller piece and I am more than sure it will open up.

Then Place the Armrest over the base and insert and tighten the 4 screws firmly which will then hold the armrest on the base.

Finally, to the base, attach the legs on both sides as per your preference for height.

Last edited by paragsachania : 3rd May 2013 at 20:23.
Old 3rd May 2013, 20:31   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Ramki,

Attachment 1045114
Thanks Parag. I think you mis-understood my question.
What i meant to ask is that i'm able to open the armrest to view the box inside which can hold mobile, tickets, etc. However from the above first pic from your post which shows the folded armrest which is in parallel to the front seats back rest, how is it folded is what i wanted to ask.

Secondly, from your last pic in your post, it shows 2 bolts at the back on one back side, so as you have said, the same 2 bolts will be on the front clamp. So, this became 4 bolts on one side and 4 bolts on the other. Am i right?

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 3rd May 2013, 23:57   #105
BHPian

Parag, your's is undoubtedly the best WagonR I've seen. The engine is still butter smooth, and your driving gives me enough confidence to even stand on the roof of the car while you are driving
By the way, the recent pics from Magadi road and Hesserghatta look amazing. The photographer must be a pretty decent guy

Parag, your car does not even look like a 20000kms old car, someone has to see the odometer reading to believe that it has almost reached 200000kms mark. The DIY armrest looks neat and classy. The tachometer from A-Star/Ritz looks pretty neatly fitted. And ya, F10D has the best rear seats from Maruti's stable

Last edited by GTO : 6th May 2013 at 16:19. Reason: Merging back to back posts
crazyfordriving is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks