Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2005, 22:46   #46
BHPian

One thing from what i know is that ABS light does not come on because of dust on the any sensor ... Only when the ABS system pump kicks in is when the light will come on... That is too when u have pressed the brakes and there is a difference in the wheel revs..

Last edited by EVO6 : 18th June 2005 at 22:47.
Old 18th June 2005, 23:15   #47
BANNED

Quote:
difference in the wheel revs..
Well the light comes and is on for quite a long time. I have to reboot car to get it to go off.

Doesnot EBD do anything in making braking equal.

@Evo6 How often does the light come in on your E?
Old 18th June 2005, 23:20   #48
BHPian

Well in the E there is no ABS light ... There is a yellow triangle that lights up... but thats the ESP light ( Electronic Stablity Program) which includes ABS traction control and sensotronic braking system ...
Old 19th June 2005, 00:45   #49
Senior - BHPian

Montoya dude EVO6 is right the ABS light doesn't come up just for having some dust

I have done some serious brake testing & some serious bad road driving in our Accord & no the ABS light doesn't come up
normally ABS light comes up only & only when there is problem with ABS system

have you called GM helpline? there is no mentioned in same thread by someone
CALL THEM ask about Manual & tell them all issues
DO IT, STOP THINKING THESE TO BE SMALL ISSUES
BRAKE FAILURE IS DAMN SERIOUS
Old 19th June 2005, 01:49   #50
Senior - BHPian

The Dust story is pathetic. The ABS controller is not getting signal from one of the sensors, so it throws a check light. They need to figure out what excatly is goin on and replace that part.
Old 19th June 2005, 10:12   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
I feel GM has upgraded tyres on 14inch without doing anything to Odo and Chassy/Suspension.
Oh - i dint know maan , the other manufacturers tune the chassis and correct speedo error when we get the tyres upgraded from the dealer ??

Dude Monty - Smell the coffee now atleast pal. get up and going and let GMI have it ! also throw the car at your dealer and refuse to pick it up till he replaces it (atleast try for a replacement).

Maan , you have the guts to say that the dealer is good and you wouldnt want to blacklist him ! he gave you the car for free or what ??

its time to turn all the words into action now ...asap

cheers
Old 19th June 2005, 11:16   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Oh - i dint know maan , the other manufacturers tune the chassis and correct speedo error when we get the tyres upgraded from the dealer
Tyres upgraded from company and not dealer..

Quote:
Maan , you have the guts to say that the dealer is good and you wouldnt want to blacklist him ! he gave you the car for free or what
well NC the car is defective so its GM and not the dealer since car has come from GM and not the dealer. Its bascially GMs fault if ABS is malfunctioning. Also Car aint for free..
Old 19th June 2005, 12:36   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tomorow going to test the car. If i find that speedo error is major i will sue GM. GTOs link has given me courage and i have the feel the car is defective. Going to test tomorow head to head. I feel GM has upgraded tyres on 14inch without doing anything to Odo and Chassy/Suspension.
Youre going to sue them for a speedo error and not for your brake failure
Old 19th June 2005, 12:45   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
Youre going to sue them for a speedo error and not for your brake failure
Both of them. Will just keep collecting what problems with car and go ahead. Currently first service is due but not giving car yet.
Old 19th June 2005, 15:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tyres upgraded from company and not dealer
means GM fitted the tyres and alloys when it maufactured your car ? this was done on the assembly line ??
Monty - tyres are always changed at dealers not the cars production line - correct me anyone if wrong !

Quote:
well NC the car is defective so its GM and not the dealer since car has come from GM and not the dealer. Its bascially GMs fault if ABS is malfunctioning. Also Car aint for free
and the dealer is a nice guy uh even though he sold you a defective car ?? :WTF: some one please help this guy !

Quote:
Both of them. Will just keep collecting what problems with car and go ahead. Currently first service is due but not giving car yet.
u have decided on collecting a certain number of defects in the car before giving it back ??

Wake up maan pal .........fast !

ps- mods sorry for the extra smiley ...
Old 19th June 2005, 16:02   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
one question
since you don't have car manual
how did you come to know when was first servicing due?

EDIT:

MONTOYA dude you are not in fairy land
accecpt the fact that you have been cheated & fight for it
stop saying that dealer is a nice guy

agian same question
HAVE YOU CALLED GM HELPLINE & ASKED ABOUT MANUAL? HAVE YOU TOLD ABOUT OTHER PROBLEMS?

Last edited by adya33 : 19th June 2005 at 16:06.
Old 19th June 2005, 19:04   #57
BHPian

i feel like laughing now...how can this guy act so cool about a 1 m buck piece of crap ( yes...the number of defects it has....i take it as crap..)... wake up buddy...first thing you should do is to park that car in the dealer' compound with a windshield banner clearly stating all your problems in W-I-D-E letters and demanding a replacement or cash-back....

P.S.: senior people...plz man.. meet this fella and wake him up..dunno wat makes him feel so rosy about the dealer/car/GM..

Last edited by BuRnT RuBbEr : 19th June 2005 at 19:11.
Old 19th June 2005, 19:45   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Monty - tyres are always changed at dealers not the cars production line - correct me anyone if wrong
No there are changed by company directly not by the dealer. The car came fitted with 15inchers directly from company.

Quote:
since you don't have car manual
how did you come to know when was first servicing due
I have read the whole manual twice at GM of another Optra and i am aware from wat before that first service is at 1000kms

Thanx alot people for your advices and suggestions. I appreciate your help however i cant afford to be impulsive and take measures which you people telling me too.. i have to keep my cool and not move on impulse.. so
Old 19th June 2005, 19:49   #59
BHPian

1k kms are not impulse anymore dude.......
Old 19th June 2005, 20:42   #60
Senior - BHPian

Firstly, congratulations on your new purchase...

Now for a few things:

Quote:
No there are changed by company directly not by the dealer. The car came fitted with 15inchers directly from company.
Cannot be, unless it (the one with 15 inchers) is a listed Chevy model. If not, its an aftermarket mod done by the dealer.

Quote:
.. i have to keep my cool and not move on impulse.. so
I've been reading this thread for a while now, but this comment really takes the cake - for a person who normally flies off the handle, you really pick the wrong moments to keep your cool. I notice you were really pissed off by the perceived speedo error but thought the brake failure 'needed a check up'.

I would've skinned the dealer to the bone by now...I'm sorry to say this, but you seem to be rather naive, unless of course you got a huge 'discount' from the dealer for this purchase. That can be the only reason for this 'grin and live with it' syndrome.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks