Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 15:44   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

In the late 90/s I had twice purchased M&M vehicles and both had developed rattles and rust - apart from non-reliability - within four/five years. So I swore off their products.

With introduction of Scorpio I again became interested but the dealers attitude (Delhi NCR) at three places put me off. Forget test drive, they did not even have broucher (I wanted 4x4). I was very impressed with the 2WD that a friend had brought and I had driven over 500kms on a combined trip. Ultimately went and purcased a GV.

In my friends Scorpio I have noticed some rust stains on the bottom liners and this is what reminds me of old Armada. Even now my office is running an Armada but that is just two years old. I do hope rusting does not become and issue.
Old 25th September 2009, 17:06   #17
BANNED

Kudos to your Scorp for holding itself so well, more so with a driver/owner like you.
And yes, now I know why you are a die hard Mahindra Fan.Keep it up dude.
Old 25th September 2009, 18:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @400Kph View Post
" a blown fuse means power windows & AC stopped working simultaneously! it was a horrifying experience "

Isnt this kind of dangerous ? I mean what if the fuse is blown and the doors are jammed for some reason , what then ??
break the windows, thats it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi Raj,
That was a lot of rearending to read all through the posts. Not at all a safe way to drive by crossing the divider and scare the oncoming traffic, putting their as well as your life at risk.
Anyways, glad that your scorpio has not given you troubles all through it's life.
Do try and drive safe and do not scare others on the road with your SUV.
i agree to that buddy. i am quite a sedate driver now even though i still drive a scorpio mHawk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Why do SUV owners always think they own the roads?
why do autorickshaw drivers think that a 2mm gap between their auto & other car is more than enough?

why do modified swifts, lancers, OHCs think that their vehicle can beat or humiliate every other car on the road?

why do transport buses think that for stopping in a bus stop, they dont need to occupy the left lane?

why do 100 cc bikers think that cruising at 40 kmph in the right lane is the correct way of driving?

why do truck drivers feel that they can cut in our path irrespective of our speed?

Why do SUV owners always think they own the roads?

lots of queries.... no answers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
1.85 lakh kms is quite a lot and a good writeup too.

But the lasting impression of your writeup has left me with the impresion of you and your driver driving really really rash, without a care for others on the road, and by the writing tone, you seem a bit proud of mentioning it.

Maybe something to do with the Scorpio becaue most of them that I have come across on the road are driving rash.
thanks buddy.

as i have mentioned in my report, i was a moron! you know, i was 20 yrs old & that boy racer mood and all! and i am not at all proud about it! if i was, i would still drive the same way. infact, now i think i am the slowest driver among all!

yes, my driver is very rash but for some reasons, we cannot remove him & he wont improve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
1.8 Lakhs kilometers !!! Kudos to Mahindra for creating such a reliable vehicle !! Looks like you have all engine variants of scorpio in your garage

Can you share service cost of the said vehicle ??
yes, the non-crde, the M2di, the crde & now the mHawk!

service costs of each, i dont keep a record of all these except the mHawk!

but rest assured, the M2Di is the cheapest followed by the non-CRDe followed by the CRDe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Outstanding review of the reliability.
You said that the acceleration has slowed down - How much? What is the current 0-100 time? What FE does it give now? And most importantly is there any engine oil consumption between service intervals? How much?
The body panels and build looks very good for a car that is six years old. One this which I have held against M&M vehicles (Bolero/Armada) is rusting but your car shows that in Scorpios this has been addressed.
acceleration i would say, now 0-100 kmph is around 20-22 seconds.
FE is good, consistently gives 9-11 kmpl in city.
engine oil consuption is absolutely normal & all services are done at the A.S.S.

no rusting noticed anywhere in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Raj:

A cousin of mine in Bangalore has a very similar Silver Scorpio. I think it is from the first model year. Leaf springs at back and BA10 gearbox. It has done 1.6 + lakh kilometers in Bangalore traffic and still runs fine. No major isues other than routine maintenance. Will post some pics of it on my next bangalore trip.
i am sure mine & your cousin's scorpio will run another 1.5 lakh kms easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I was in a assumption that only Toyota/Honda car last for ever,now our very own Hindustan manufactures can also vouch for this.Hats off to Mahindra.

And also congrats on wining in Brazil too.

yea, thats a testimony to its reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Kudos to your Scorp for holding itself so well, more so with a driver/owner like you.
And yes, now I know why you are a die hard Mahindra Fan.Keep it up dude.
thanks buddy.
now you know i am fan with a reason!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 25th September 2009 at 18:09.
Old 25th September 2009, 21:24   #19
BHPian

Congrats buddy. 1.85 L is a lot of kilometers, and the number itself speaks for the quality of the vehicle. No wonder you ended up getting yourself another scorp. Cheers.
Old 26th September 2009, 08:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Congrats buddy. 1.85 L is a lot of kilometers, and the number itself speaks for the quality of the vehicle. No wonder you ended up getting yourself another scorp. Cheers.
we have always praised the japs for their plastic quality, fit & finish, reliability, etc. but i feel our indian cars are no less.
Old 10th October 2009, 17:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wow 185k and still going strong. Very impressive, I must say. I always used to think that Mahindras would fall apart after 100k but you're proving me wrong!
Old 10th October 2009, 18:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Wow 185k and still going strong. Very impressive, I must say. I always used to think that Mahindras would fall apart after 100k but you're proving me wrong!
thanks buddy. mahindra had claimed they have made the engine to run atleast 3 lakh kms without any problems/overhaul.
Old 10th October 2009, 19:22   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Raj hearty congratulations now that your old Scorpio has done 1.85 L kms. Its really something that we look up to and true the SUV is simply marvellous.
Wish a long life to the older 2003 Scorpio!
Old 10th October 2009, 19:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Raj hearty congratulations now that your old Scorpio has done 1.85 L kms. Its really something that we look up to and true the SUV is simply marvellous.
Wish a long life to the older 2003 Scorpio!
wishing you the same with your scorpio buddy.
Old 10th October 2009, 19:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hey Raj, thats quite an achievement for the Scorpio.

I have been impressed with the build quality of the Mahindra's especially the way they tend to keep going on and on inspite of taking abuse.

As a new SUV driver myself I have seen a change in my driving style wheerin I don't slow down while driving over potholed/untarred roads.
Old 10th October 2009, 21:29   #26
BHPian

1.85lks..kudos , i am sure you must have a heart of steel , the moment i see 70K+ on odo then i always get a feeling that the time has come to change/ or a feeling that i am pushing the car too much , by the way does any one have any idea whats the max odo reading any one has seen on octy rider TDI and Accent GLS .
Old 11th October 2009, 09:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hey Raj, thats quite an achievement for the Scorpio.

I have been impressed with the build quality of the Mahindra's especially the way they tend to keep going on and on inspite of taking abuse.

As a new SUV driver myself I have seen a change in my driving style wheerin I don't slow down while driving over potholed/untarred roads.
thanks buddy. not slowing down for potholes is a norm for every SUV driver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
1.85lks..kudos , i am sure you must have a heart of steel , the moment i see 70K+ on odo then i always get a feeling that the time has come to change/ or a feeling that i am pushing the car too much , by the way does any one have any idea whats the max odo reading any one has seen on octy rider TDI and Accent GLS .
LOL.. nothing like that mate!

Autocar India editor hormazd sorabjee on a tour to italy sat in an octavia (most of the taxis there are octavias) which had clocked 6+ lakh kms! when he asked the taxi driver, he said almost every octavia taxi here must have clocked this many kms. so you have a long way to go with your octavia!

i feel, an accent wont live that long, judging by its sturdiness only, no personal experience.
Old 11th November 2009, 08:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

my oldie is now shod with Yokohama geolander A/T-S!

seems like an overkill for such a old workhorse but anyways i like the tyres. steering feel seems to have improved compared to the old MRFs.
Attached Thumbnails
1.8 lakh kms with Scorpio GLX!-081120091224.jpg  

1.8 lakh kms with Scorpio GLX!-081120091225.jpg  

1.8 lakh kms with Scorpio GLX!-081120091226.jpg  

1.8 lakh kms with Scorpio GLX!-081120091227.jpg  

1.8 lakh kms with Scorpio GLX!-081120091230.jpg  

1.8 lakh kms with Scorpio GLX!-081120091231.jpg  

Old 1st February 2010, 10:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

My oldie has been suffering all the abuse very well even now.

the only problems i have right now is that the engine is too noisy now & there is some noise from the timing belt pulley (the chain drive in my model was replaced with a belt drive in later models). the pickup has reduced to a great extent. also, some squeaking noise from the rear door. apart from that, no issues as such. the yokohamas are handling rough stuff pretty well.

when i went to the mahindra's A.S.S to sort the noise & pickup issues, they said they will service the fuel pump & TRY! no guarantee that it will be solved. still, i think the car deserves a good service now.
Attached Thumbnails
1.8 lakh kms with Scorpio GLX!-25012010084-large.jpg  

1.8 lakh kms with Scorpio GLX!-25012010085-large.jpg  

Old 1st February 2010, 10:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
My oldie has been suffering all the abuse very well even now.

the only problems i have right now is that the engine is too noisy now & there is some noise from the timing belt pulley (the chain drive in my model was replaced with a belt drive in later models). the pickup has reduced to a great extent. also, some squeaking noise from the rear door. apart from that, no issues as such. the yokohamas are handling rough stuff pretty well.

when i went to the mahindra's A.S.S to sort the noise & pickup issues, they said they will service the fuel pump & TRY! no guarantee that it will be solved. still, i think the car deserves a good service now.

Raj, how do your rate old / new scorps with the innova. Hope wouldnt mind sharing even if explained elsewhere before.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks